On the parking shuttle bus now. No window seat on the flight so no amazing take off picture today.
    MSFTisMIA, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-05-2017 06:03 PM
    I was avoiding sleep this morning but I keep thinking about trying the Sony Xperia X Compact again, or even the X itself.

I think it's time to make a list to help myself when it comes to this, lol.
    03-05-2017 06:11 PM
    On the parking shuttle bus now. No window seat on the flight so no amazing take off picture today.
    Safe travels!
    We'll gladly take any picture that you get.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    03-05-2017 06:12 PM
    I was avoiding sleep this morning but I keep thinking about trying the Sony Xperia X Compact again, or even the X itself.

I think it's time to make a list to help myself when it comes to this, lol.
    BTW your blue Honor 8 is extremely well loved 😀
    libra89 likes this.
    03-05-2017 06:14 PM
    BTW your blue Honor 8 is extremely well loved
    Yay, I'm so glad to hear that!
    03-05-2017 06:21 PM
    Here is the iconic restaurant in LAX. And yes, skies are this blue in CA and the Pixel takes amazing pictures.

MSFTisMIA, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-05-2017 06:38 PM
    Here is the iconic restaurant in LAX. And yes, skies are this blue in CA and the Pixel takes amazing pictures.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a9025110ac.jpg
    Wow very cool! Beautiful blue skies and that building is fascinating.
    03-05-2017 11:07 PM
    What a bumpy ride over to Chicago. And the landing was pretty bad as well.
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    03-05-2017 11:15 PM
    OK. Well, your search continues...(can't say I didn't try)...
    Much appreciated but at this moment in time I'm not really looking anymore.

I can easily buy a phone if I wanted to but I have other things that are more important.

That's not saying I won't buy one in the near future just need to make sure when I do it's something I really want.
    03-06-2017 12:18 AM
    It was quite prominent, hard to miss.
    Maybe my eyesight is worse than I thought...
    03-06-2017 12:19 AM
    What a bumpy ride over to Chicago. And the landing was pretty bad as well.
    On our way into Montpellier the plane had to do a last minute manoeuvre as a light weight aircraft didn't take off. That was interesting...
    03-06-2017 12:24 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a9025110ac.jpg
    I think I have a picture of that.
    03-06-2017 12:25 AM
    Maybe my eyesight is worse than I thought...
    Actually on the PC everything looks fine. On the mobile the mountain sort of gets lost.
    03-06-2017 02:56 AM
    So... aside from unsubscribing from this thread, how does one turn off all email notifications? It used to be easy to do now I can't find it.

I don't want emails every single time something happens on this thread...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-06-2017 04:18 AM
    I just want to give an update on my life at the moment. I normally don't discuss much on here about it anymore but I thought I'd say a couple of things to give you an idea of what's going on.

So you may have heard the UK voted to leave the EU. This has caused a few issues for many people already and may cause an issue for me as well. My status in the UK is dependant on my wife who is an EU citizen. Until we have an idea of what's happening with the negotiations my status is up in the air. I need to apply for permanent residency and that is based on my wife being the sponsor. I'm not sure how much they take my wage into consideration but there is a possibility that I may be rejected still due to other factors involved in the application process. My current visa expires next April, so I have time to see how things play out. Still it's an uneasy feeling.

Our plans prior to this whole mess was to stay in the UK for the next 5/6 years and then move. However, with this change in status for the UK in the EU it's rather pointless to stick around. As it is, we're working to get things sorted in the next 1-2 years now. Plan currently is moving to the south of France but that will depend on how the elections pan out there as well. So plan B is Finland. Plan C is back to Australia...

In any case as you can see it's quite disruptive and I'm not the only one going through this mess. Many EU citizens are having to do similar 'plans'.

The worst part for me is the house purchase. Had I known this was going to happen I wouldn't have bothered and I'd have about £40,000 in my account now. With the devaluation of the £ and the possibility of the house prices dropping we're in a bit of a conundrum. Hope is that we can still stay in positive equity. If not we're screwed.

To top it off, our remortgage is this year. So I need to have my permanent residency before that otherwise they may cancel our mortgage. Which wouldn't be good.

So it's very messy as you can see.

This is basically occupying my mind a lot. I have the potential at the moment to lose my status in the UK, which means losing my job and possibly my house. It's not the best place to be in.

So I hope you excuse me if I seem a bit grumpy and put off sometimes.
    libra89, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    03-06-2017 07:02 AM
    I should also point out that a lot of UK citizens are completely oblivious to the issues I've talked about.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-06-2017 07:05 AM
    Actually on the PC everything looks fine. On the mobile the mountain sort of gets lost.
    Perhaps it's time for a new mobile 😀
    03-06-2017 07:59 AM
    So... aside from unsubscribing from this thread, how does one turn off all email notifications? It used to be easy to do now I can't find it.

I don't want emails every single time something happens on this thread...
    Go to control panel and turn off the notification settings. I'll see if I can post a screenshot in a couple of hours.
    03-06-2017 07:59 AM
    Perhaps it's time for a new mobile
    I think I explained why that's not a priority...
    03-06-2017 08:00 AM
    I should also point out that a lot of UK citizens are completely oblivious to the issues I've talked about.
    Yup, it was the same during the housing crisis here. We lost over $80K for doing things by the book. I do hope things sort out for you for the better.
    03-06-2017 08:02 AM
    Go to control panel and turn off the notification settings. I'll see if I can post a screenshot in a couple of hours.
    It's obviously hiding... sigh...
    03-06-2017 08:04 AM
    I think I explained why that's not a priority...
    I read the explanation on the next page/post on Tapatalk. My bad...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-06-2017 08:08 AM
    I read the explanation on the next page/post on Tapatalk. My bad...
    No worries.
    03-06-2017 08:15 AM
    I just want to give an update on my life at the moment. I normally don't discuss much on here about it anymore but I thought I'd say a couple of things to give you an idea of what's going on.

So you may have heard the UK voted to leave the EU. This has caused a few issues for many people already and may cause an issue for me as well. My status in the UK is dependant on my wife who is an EU citizen. Until we have an idea of what's happening with the negotiations my status is up in the air. I need to apply for permanent residency and that is based on my wife being the sponsor. I'm not sure how much they take my wage into consideration but there is a possibility that I may be rejected still due to other factors involved in the application process. My current visa expires next April, so I have time to see how things play out. Still it's an uneasy feeling.

Our plans prior to this whole mess was to stay in the UK for the next 5/6 years and then move. However, with this change in status for the UK in the EU it's rather pointless to stick around. As it is, we're working to get things sorted in the next 1-2 years now. Plan currently is moving to the south of France but that will depend on how the elections pan out there as well. So plan B is Finland. Plan C is back to Australia...

In any case as you can see it's quite disruptive and I'm not the only one going through this mess. Many EU citizens are having to do similar 'plans'.

The worst part for me is the house purchase. Had I known this was going to happen I wouldn't have bothered and I'd have about £40,000 in my account now. With the devaluation of the £ and the possibility of the house prices dropping we're in a bit of a conundrum. Hope is that we can still stay in positive equity. If not we're screwed.

To top it off, our remortgage is this year. So I need to have my permanent residency before that otherwise they may cancel our mortgage. Which wouldn't be good.

So it's very messy as you can see.

This is basically occupying my mind a lot. I have the potential at the moment to lose my status in the UK, which means losing my job and possibly my house. It's not the best place to be in.

So I hope you excuse me if I seem a bit grumpy and put off sometimes.
    I liked your post to acknowledge that I read your situation, not at all that I like the situation.

You really do have a lot going on, so it's understandable. This sucks and I really hope that you guys would come to the best solution and get it all worked out. It's ridiculous that you are even put in this situation right now :(

If I can ask, why Finland? It's not a place I commonly hear so I'm curious. Is there family there?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-2017 08:22 AM
    It's obviously hiding... sigh...
    Tap the gear on the desktop site for Settings->General Settings->scroll to messaging and notification and make sure that "do not subscribe" is what you have saved. You can try resaving it again too.
    03-06-2017 08:26 AM
145,213 ... 52685269527052715272 ...