The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    So this is why people have to be careful of their tech compromises and why tech companies will always try to "program" chunks of consumers into buying a certain product as they serach for the next big hit.

I've used a ton of stuff over the past 4 years. Now, take Android wear for example...My favorite gen 1 watch was the G Watch R. Favorite design was the Moto 360. Most stylish watch (for me) is the Huwei watch. Most versatile screen is on the Moto 360 Sport. For me hardware wise, I'd want a Moto 360 Sport screen in a Huawei watch casing with the light sensor under the display (as seen in Samsung S3) and Qi wireless charging.

See how i mentioned that pulls from 3 OEMs? If i had to keep only one Wear watch, I'd pick the Moto 360 (2015), but tepidly as Moto doesn't provide updates in a time manner. And this is in a niche market for wearables but the same sort of story plays out in Android phones too...Your experience is driven by your wallet and what package OEMs think is the best fit to see you in each price segment.

They don't make it easy to pick the tech that works for you because it's still a business at the end of the day. So be as thorough as you can in your research and be comfortable with what you buy as waiting for the next one gets you nowhere a lot of the times.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-11-2017 10:31 PM
    The best compact phone I've used personally over the past 4 years was the Moto X (2013). The battery was so-so and the camera was garbage...but only Sony was able to get a similar sized big-screen in compact body phone out there with the Z compact series and the Moto X was superior on software and the radios were street legal muscle cars good.

Hard to find a compact phone indeed. It is a legacy market.
    I totally agree! It is hard. I have heard about the Moto X a lot.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-11-2017 11:57 PM
    It was a fun time though. All the kids thoroughly enjoyed the games at the party​. I'm sore from lugging all the stuff back and forth to the park. It was a beautiful sunny day so that was quite nice.
    Aw that's good that it was all in fun.
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-11-2017 11:58 PM
    Wedding dresses are expensive! Glad you got great pictures on the Honor 8. The Pixel took some really amazing pictures at the party today.
    Awesome that your Pixel did well!
    I guess I was kind of surprised how much they are, lol. My sister was too, honestly. It's making me consider the consignment route when that time comes...eventually.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-12-2017 12:01 AM
    I like the Honor 8, as I prefer more compact phones. Ideally, I'd like a Mi 5 with the global LTE bands (doesn't exist) or a G6. I plan to wait until the G6 is launched to compare it to the XL. If it compares well size wise, then I'll upgrade.

99 will tell you my phone testing pace has slowed considerably. It's just getting old for me.
    I'm going to take your word for it. I get it.

It's not fair that we have so many choices and yet, the "perfect" phone doesn't want to exist.

That's my excuse for being a chronic switcher. I want to have and own the closest phone to that.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-12-2017 at 12:17 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-12-2017 12:02 AM
    Going to see if I can fall asleep before the clocks change...but I need to change them first.

Don't forget (for all that will have the clocks "spring forward")!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-12-2017 12:03 AM
    Ha, ha. After that I tried to help my friend start his car but we gave up after a couple of hours. It's a 1996 Acura Integra. I did help him find a reliable mechanic who won't rip him off.
    You're such a kind friend.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-12-2017 12:19 AM
    Everything about weddings is expensive :D. Especially in United States. I believe you can make an almost perfect wedding for under 7000$, here in Bosnia.
    You can do cheap weddings anywhere. The problem comes from people's expectations of what a 'perfect' wedding is. You can find cheaper dresses. You can find cheaper venues. You can have a good time on the cheap.

Unfortunately as weddings are emotive people get caught up in that and instead of thinking with their heads they get swept away with the idea.

In the most western countries there's a 50% divorce rate.

My thought on weddings and should be the same for anyone getting married (and this isn't taking the importance or ceremony out of it) it's one day.

You can either spend a fortune on some fake party that no one will remember and stresses you out or you can have a wonderful day of celebration with friends and family and save the cash for something more important.

Believe it out not, you can have a great celebration on the cheap. It's not impossible, just too many people caught up in the fantasy.
    03-12-2017 05:29 AM
    Going to see if I can fall asleep before the clocks change...but I need to change them first.

Don't forget (for all that will have the clocks "spring forward")!
    It's it that soon already?

Ours is in two weeks from now for daylight savings.
    Rose640, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-12-2017 05:31 AM
    You can do cheap weddings anywhere. The problem comes from people's expectations of what a 'perfect' wedding is. You can find cheaper dresses. You can find cheaper venues. You can have a good time on the cheap.

Unfortunately as weddings are emotive people get caught up in that and instead of thinking with their heads they get swept away with the idea.

In the most western countries there's a 50% divorce rate.

My thought on weddings and should be the same for anyone getting married (and this isn't taking the importance or ceremony out of it) it's one day.

You can either spend a fortune on some fake party that no one will remember and stresses you out or you can have a wonderful day of celebration with friends and family and save the cash for something more important.

Believe it out not, you can have a great celebration on the cheap. It's not impossible, just too many people caught up in the fantasy.
    Well yes, I was refering to most of the people. I myself am not a huge fan of weddings. At all. And when (if) my time comes, I'll definitely have a smaller thing organised for closest friends and family members.

As I said previously, I don't like the fact that a bunch of complete strangers attend what's probably one of the most important days in someone's life. Too many fake emotios and tears. Better spend it with smaller group of people you actually appraciate being with.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-12-2017 06:57 AM
    It's it that soon already?

Ours is in two weeks from now for daylight savings.
    Summer time's finally approaching.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-12-2017 06:59 AM
    Hhhmm we don't get the seasonal changes here in the tropics. The forecast is always hot, with a chance of getting hotter!!

... !!
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    03-12-2017 09:52 AM
    Note to self:

Always apply tire shine to your tires - AFTER you mow the grass!
    03-12-2017 10:13 AM
    Note to self:

Always apply tire shine to your tires - AFTER you mow the grass!
    Hadn't had to do that for over 5 months. I can't say I'm missing mowing the lawn. I definitely don't miss it.
    03-12-2017 11:48 AM
    Hhhmm we don't get the seasonal changes here in the tropics. The forecast is always hot, with a chance of getting hotter!!

... !!
    That's something I look forward to. Last summer was all but hot. But if the temperatures in summer go to the same extreme as they did in this winter, then we have one heck of a ride awaiting us.
    03-12-2017 11:50 AM
    Been practicing maths for the last few hours. Tired as hell.
    03-12-2017 11:51 AM
    I have 4 test in the following week, it's not going to be easy. I just hope we won't have any guests then. Cause it seems they're picking the absolutely worst time they can find to come to visit us.
    03-12-2017 11:53 AM
    I have 4 test in the following week, it's not going to be easy. I just hope we won't have any guests then. Cause it seems they're picking the absolutely worst time they can find to come to visit us.
    Good luck!
    Rose640 likes this.
    03-12-2017 12:09 PM
    Well, we're officially on Spring Break. Not looking forward to the snow in the middle of the week though...
    libra89 likes this.
    03-12-2017 12:44 PM
    Good luck!
    Thanks!
    libra89 likes this.
    03-12-2017 12:49 PM
    So Brexit talks are finally happening. It's going to be interesting to see how things will go.
    03-12-2017 12:51 PM
    So Brexit talks are finally happening. It's going to be interesting to see how things will go.
    Things will resemble a winter sport known as downhill skiing πŸ˜€
    Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    03-12-2017 12:53 PM
    Yeah, I don't expect it to go any better. I can already see a whole bunch of meaningless and worthles resolutions and acts that are not going to help healing the pound.
    03-12-2017 01:10 PM
    More like a train racing down a track with no brakes..., wait that's Trump. I swear it's so hard to tell them apart...
    Rose640, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-12-2017 01:11 PM
    More like a train racing down a track with no brakes..., wait that's Trump. I swear it's so hard to tell them apart...
    Actually the accent would give it away, no?
    03-12-2017 01:13 PM
142,785 ... 52805281528252835284 ...