Yup but a glass or two in Bordeaux
    Will definitely not hurt you.
    For those of you into your wines, there's a museum!

La Cité du Vin | a world of cultures

I love the look of the building.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2017 10:17 AM
    The best part of the trip was how on the slots machine I turned $5 into this...
    03-16-2017 10:18 AM
    The best part of the trip was how on the slots machine I turned $5 into this...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eb2e13f238.jpg
    Very nice!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2017 10:18 AM
    I don't recall if I mentioned this or not.

My car was in a small collision in a parking lot, we weren't in the car. An older lady was parking her car and hit my tire and wheel well. Thankfully she didn't do a runner and we are now getting it fixed.

As part of the repair we get a rental car. I drive an automatic over here as using a manual is too painful. Strangely all the automatics were out and the only thing left was a Ford Transit Connect. Needless to say this is a ridiculous vehicle for me to drive. I typically drive the car 90% of the time to work.

Thankfully I was able to get a smaller car and now I have a Vauxhaul Astra (Saturn Astra for you in the US or Opel for the rest of the EU) It's a GM car anyway...

Still annoyed I had to take the car in though. :/
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    03-16-2017 10:38 AM

My car was in a small collision in a parking lot, we weren't in the car. An older lady was parking her car and hit my tire and wheel well. Thankfully she didn't do a runner and we are now getting it fixed.

As part of the repair we get a rental car. I drive an automatic over here as using a manual is too painful. Strangely all the automatics were out and the only thing left was a Ford Transit Connect. Needless to say this is a ridiculous vehicle for me to drive. I typically drive the car 90% of the time to work.

Thankfully I was able to get a smaller car and now I have a Vauxhaul Astra (Saturn Astra for you in the US or Opel for the rest of the EU) It's a GM car anyway...

Whoa. Good to hear that you got a smaller car now. When do you get your actual car back?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2017 10:44 AM
    My mom is leaving today for almost 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I feel so drained because of that or just in general or both even. She has a lot of things to do over there.
    I didn't get a chance to do a goodbye hug. :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2017 10:49 AM
    Whoa. Good to hear that you got a smaller car now. When do you get your actual car back?
    Not sure. I was supposed to have a call yesterday telling me the timeline but nothing as of yet.

They told me initially five days but if they're busy probably longer.

Doesn't matter really.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-16-2017 11:01 AM
    Not sure. I was supposed to have a call yesterday telling me the timeline but nothing as of yet.

They told me initially five days but if they're busy probably longer.

Doesn't matter really.
    Ohh okay, I see.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2017 11:15 AM
    Supposed to get my replacement X compact today, but weather has delayed it. Today doesn't seem likely unfortunately. There's a stronger possibility for tomorrow.

It feels like it's taken so long now that I could have possibly ordered another phone and had it by now. :/

I'm going to see if this phone was really worth all this or not. At the moment, I'm debating it and it isn't even here yet.

Edit: This reads as a true first world problem, but oh well.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-16-2017 at 11:50 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-16-2017 11:39 AM
    It's funny what we worry and stress over isn't it?

I'm personally in the process of minimalism my life a little more. Come the warmer weather I'm doing start the charity/recycle/trash/keep bit.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-16-2017 12:39 PM
    It's funny what we worry and stress over isn't it?

I'm personally in the process of minimalism my life a little more. Come the warmer weather I'm doing start the charity/recycle/trash/keep bit.
    You're right, it is funny.

That sounds good! I think it will feel really nice to do that.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-16-2017 12:46 PM
    1 hour to go...really 50 minutes. Bummed that I can't get my phone today but more bummed about my mom going. Can't control her but it would have been nice to have the feeling of a new toy in the meanwhile. I really hope it will come tomorrow...

Oh, just got called into a meeting at work.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-16-2017 02:04 PM
    The No Man's Sky Pathfinder update is amazing! Photo mode FTW

N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    03-16-2017 03:33 PM
    My mom is leaving today for almost 3 weeks. I'm not sure if I feel so drained because of that or just in general or both even. She has a lot of things to do over there.
    I didn't get a chance to do a goodbye hug. :/
    Does your mum live far away?

An engineer at my work has her parents over at the moment and she's doing ok so far but i think they'll slowly drive her nuts.

It's only natural though. Once you leave home any visitors will drain you or drive you crazy.
    03-16-2017 03:44 PM
    Does your mum live far away?

An engineer at my work has her parents over at the moment and she's doing ok so far but i think they'll slowly drive her nuts.

It's only natural though. Once you leave home any visitors will drain you or drive you crazy.
    Nope, she normally lives with us.

I believe that, I have been annoyed with every visitor that has stayed here haha. After 2 days, I'm done. Not sure how it's going to go when my sister gets married this year, because there will be a lot of people coming from overseas and out of state.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-16-2017 07:19 PM

I like that the damage wasn't serious, and that the woman had insurance.

I don't like that your car was damaged.

Ford Transit Connect is a ridiculous car to provide as a rental. I'm glad you're not stuck with that beast.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-17-2017 12:29 AM
    Supposed to get my replacement X compact today, but weather has delayed it. Today doesn't seem likely unfortunately. There's a stronger possibility for tomorrow.

It feels like it's taken so long now that I could have possibly ordered another phone and had it by now. :/

I'm going to see if this phone was really worth all this or not. At the moment, I'm debating it and it isn't even here yet.

I ordered some vinyl LPs from Discogs. One seller told me my record would be late, since he lives in the NY area hard hit by snow. I told him not to worry. I'm not going to give negative feedback for something involving weather that is beyond anyone's control.
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    03-17-2017 12:32 AM
    I like that the damage wasn't serious, and that the woman had insurance.

I don't like that your car was damaged.

Ford Transit Connect is a ridiculous car to provide as a rental. I'm glad you're not stuck with that beast.
    The thing with the Ford Transit. It's ok to drive. Parking was the problem. Also fuel economy wasn't that great even being a diesel.
    03-17-2017 05:04 AM
    I ordered some vinyl LPs from Discogs. One seller told me my record would be late, since he lives in the NY area hard hit by snow. I told him not to worry. I'm not going to give negative feedback for something involving weather that is beyond anyone's control.
    That's so kind of you. I hope that you get it soon!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2017 08:25 AM
    My phone is finally on the truck for delivery today! Yay!

Longest phone delivery ever haha. Actually it's not, it just feels like it though. The retailer I bought the phone from is in NY too, but considering that I'm a few states down, deliveries are usually the next day for me (at no additional cost).
    Rose640, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2017 08:27 AM

Well Astra isn't that bad really. It just depends how much petrol does it waste. If I remember correctly, there aren't diesel models of these.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2017 11:19 AM
    My phone is finally on the truck for delivery today! Yay!

Longest phone delivery ever haha. Actually it's not, it just feels like it though. The retailer I bought the phone from is in NY too, but considering that I'm a few states down, deliveries are usually the next day for me (at no additional cost).
    I got mine yesterday. Didn't wait full 24 hours. Though the delivery guy wasn't the brightest person I spoke to that day. I literally had to draw the instructions to my house, which are not complicated at all.

He ended up leaving the package in the nearby store. Anyway, I'm glad it came that fast. And I didn't have to pay for anything!
    03-17-2017 11:24 AM
    I got mine yesterday. Didn't wait full 24 hours. Though the delivery guy wasn't the brightest person I spoke to that day. I literally had to draw the instructions to my house, which are not complicated at all.

He ended up leaving the package in the nearby store. Anyway, I'm glad it came that fast. And I didn't have to pay for anything!
    Congrats on the phone! That's awesome that you didn't have to pay for anything \o/ Is it too early to ask what you think of the phone, so far?
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    03-17-2017 11:42 AM
    Well Astra isn't that bad really. It just depends how much petrol does it waste. If I remember correctly, there aren't diesel models of these.
    I'm, I'm driving a diesel... :)
    Laura Knotek, Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    03-17-2017 12:35 PM
    Congrats on the phone! That's awesome that you didn't have to pay for anything \o/ Is it too early to ask what you think of the phone, so far?
    Well I'm loving Android so far. I can see why it's a number one platform. No matter how much Iiked WM it still lags so much behind Android.

I was stunned by the vast selection of available apps, quality apps! I had a bit of a trouble finding a music app that suits me, but I managed to figure that one out.

Themes are also a nice edition. Got it all set to a sort of dark style. Haven't played with launchers yet. Don't want to loose warranty yet, lol.

What I'm missing from my Lumia is definitely the Glance screen, the keyboard and that little pointer on the keyboard to navigate through the text. And the battery life is pretty much poor. Almost the same battery as in Lumia but with cut in half performances.

Oh and the camera is just a little bit weaker, nothing too much. As
    03-17-2017 01:10 PM
145,228 ... 52845285528652875288 ...