That's the same thing here with the "forgotten factory worker" Trump targeted during his election...The same base that may get screwed with some of the changes coming along in the pipeline...
    Oh there's very little doubt that whatever happens with the UK, those 'forgotten people' will feel the worst of any ill effects. But they got their country back!

Funnily enough, the government has already stated (though not sure why anyone would come to the UK anyway) that immigration levels probably won't change, just 'who' can come. Which is quite amusing. As the biggest issue is mostly quantity of immigrants, not necessarily where they're from.

This should prove amusing.

Oh, one last stat from above that I forgot to mention which will bring it even more in line with the US... Typically those with higher education voted remain.

Of course that just added to the whole 'elitist' mindset that's taken over the country.
    03-21-2017 03:42 AM
    I'd like to think us brits are still smart but recent events sure don't give me any confidence at all. I'm wondering if Scotland will brexit (as in leave Britain) this time.
    Well it's not just Scotland this time. You have Wales and Northern Ireland now talking about leaving.

I can understand Northern Ireland wanting to leave and to unify. That has it's own set of issues though.

I can't say for certain what would happen with Scotland and Wales. I think most would like to see what happens with the negotiations before making any decision though.

It wasn't the 'smart' people of the UK that took us out of the EU. It was the ignorant.
    03-21-2017 03:47 AM
    It wasn't the 'smart' people of the UK that took us out of the EU. It was the ignorant.
    Quote of the day.
    03-21-2017 03:48 AM
    Well it's not just Scotland this time. You have Wales and Northern Ireland now talking about leaving.

I can understand Northern Ireland wanting to leave and to unify. That has it's own set of issues though.

I can't say for certain what would happen with Scotland and Wales. I think most would like to see what happens with the negotiations before making any decision though.

That's why ignorant are ignorant...They clamor for what they want while what they need get taken away under their nose...
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-21-2017 08:57 AM
    That's why ignorant are ignorant...They clamor for what they want while what they need get taken away under their nose...
    And over here this is how we MAGA😂
    03-21-2017 09:25 AM
    Jokes aside, this is a fantastic article. Accurately describes the current situation in America.
    On a Texas prairie, distance grows between neighbors over an American birthright | The Washington Post
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-21-2017 11:36 AM
    Jokes aside, this is a fantastic article. Accurately describes the current situation in America.
    On a Texas prairie, distance grows between neighbors over an American birthright | The Washington Post
    Sad is what it is.

It reflects the UK very well too. Exchange Mexican for Eastern European, Brexit for Trump and you have a similar story somewhere here.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-21-2017 12:51 PM
    Sad is what it is.

It reflects the UK very well too. Exchange Mexican for Eastern European, Brexit for Trump and you have a similar story somewhere here.
    We have always had more in common than our differences would say.

I wasn't going to post this, but yesterday I got stopped near my apartment by an older woman (my guess is late 40s - mid 50s) was seeking cash to buy a meal for her kids in school. She stated she was recently laid off from work and was running low on food. So we went to the nearby supermarket and I paid for some items for her to cook a small meal.

While I couldn't offer her work, I passed along the information for a food pantry (which wasn't open on Mondays) and a few words of encouragement.

And when I hear those wonder breads in Washington such as the Speaker of the House and the Budget secretary talk about this phantom "mother of two in Detroit" shoe justifying these pseudo policies, it makes my skin crawl. They've never been poor, and even if they were at one point...They're so far removed from my that they want to forget it.

It just reinforces this song indeed...

libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-21-2017 01:14 PM
    Woohoo! Brexit notification set for 29 March 2017...

Let's party like it's 1899....

I almost wish they'd do a countdown like New Year's Eve....
    Even thought the situation's far from funny, I just couldn't make it without laughing.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-21-2017 02:19 PM
    And here I thought the Brits were smart...Guess these days I have to rework my definitions for "smarts"...
    It's not just Brits, there's much more to the story. I'm fearing that we've got the '30s back in Europe. Austria is not far behind UK, Hungary is even worse, and Italy is a bit suspicious to me as well.

I'm hoping that the Germany will manage to keep it's common sense. If Germany goes nuts, then all I can say is, f***.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-21-2017 02:24 PM
    I'd like to think us brits are still smart but recent events sure don't give me any confidence at all. I'm wondering if Scotland will brexit (as in leave Britain) this time.
    If they don't make some sort of agreement with the government that will allow them to stay in EU, then sure, it's a possibility.
    03-21-2017 02:27 PM
    Oh there's very little doubt that whatever happens with the UK, those 'forgotten people' will feel the worst of any ill effects. But they got their country back!

Funnily enough, the government has already stated (though not sure why anyone would come to the UK anyway) that immigration levels probably won't change, just 'who' can come. Which is quite amusing. As the biggest issue is mostly quantity of immigrants, not necessarily where they're from.

This should prove amusing.

Oh, one last stat from above that I forgot to mention which will bring it even more in line with the US... Typically those with higher education voted remain.

Of course that just added to the whole 'elitist' mindset that's taken over the country.
    What if I were to tell you that politicians in my country have been using that, let's call it technique, for over 20 years.

Looks like we've got ourselves a first case of west taking and implementing our eastern methodes of governing. Wehooo for slavs.
    03-21-2017 02:35 PM
    Since we're talking politics. Today, the president of our smaller entity visited the railway workers who were hunger protesting for more than 15 days I believe, promised to ensure the regular pays and to pay those that have been left out. It's all sunshines and rainbows right? Well not so much.

He acted like a god. Yes, like a god. He had the most unenthusiastic speach I've ever heard, acted like he has everything under control, promised to fire the railway administration like it was that simple, like deleting a bad app from your phone, I don't know. Then he proceeded with calling all those present to a nearby "restaurant". Now, let's get things straight right away. It was no restaurant. It was a tavern. A place where you go and get yourself wasted. And that's what they did. They got to the tavern, he sat there like a complete redneck and ordered a ******* rakija. RAKIJA. Just google rakija if you don't know what it is, it's basically a vodka made out of apples or other fruits. Then he ordered, not a drink, but a pack (we use the term "gajba", as a big crate of some sort) for everyone present.

The whole show looked pitty. I felt bad for those people 'cause they served him as marionettes. They were played. They were used to the bone as a campaign promotion for the next elections. He gave zero f**** about them or their stories and troubles, he just wanted to look good in public. He wanted, and he succeded, to look like a saviour and carer for his "people" (read nation=religion).

The whole thing was sad. I wish I hadn't seen it.
    03-21-2017 03:46 PM
    Spotted this little fella today after lunch. Some first day of spring we are experiencing. It's been raining all day.
    03-21-2017 05:24 PM
    Spotted this little fella today after lunch. Some first day of spring we are experiencing. It's been raining all day.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f1879c9079.jpg
    That quality. Pixel?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-21-2017 05:55 PM
    That quality. Pixel?
    That was using the Samsung S7edge. I'll post the Pixel picture in a bit. Busy with meetings.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-21-2017 06:01 PM
    Here is the Pixel picture for comparison.
    03-21-2017 06:07 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8bd56f6974.jpg
    No way I can tell the difference. I guess it would be noticable in low light conditions.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-21-2017 06:13 PM
    My hotmail is finally working. It was about time.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-21-2017 06:14 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8bd56f6974.jpg
    The fact that you can count the grooves(?) after the head on either picture is whoa! Very nice.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-21-2017 10:26 PM
    The fact that you can count the grooves(?) after the head on either picture is whoa! Very nice.
    All I can say is that starting tomorrow afternoon you should be able to replicate those types of " detailed pixels" in your pictures as well (pun intentional).
    03-21-2017 10:34 PM
    All I can say is that starting tomorrow afternoon you should be able to replicate those types of " detailed pixels" in your pictures as well (pun intentional).
    Good one!

Really looking forward to it!
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-21-2017 10:54 PM
    Good one!

Really looking forward to it!
    That's going to be a lot of Pixels...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-21-2017 11:19 PM
    I think the bug I have with the Honor 8 may have to do with the Moto 360 Sport. I would investigate this some more, but I'm choosing to fix the problem by likely moving on from the honor 8.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-21-2017 11:33 PM
    I think the bug I have with the Honor 8 may have to do with the Moto 360 Sport. I would investigate this some more, but I'm choosing to fix the problem by likely moving on from the honor 8.
    Nope, it has nothing to do with the watch. Most likely a factory reset would help, but at this point...I dont think I want to do that. I like the camera and design though...oh, well...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-21-2017 11:41 PM
145,292 ... 52935294529552965297 ...