Man that S8 looks nice. Why can't we get the nice devices (or... really just any devices at this point).

In other news our offer on a house has been accepted so paperwork galore!
    Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Yeah, lots of paperwork.

I'm assuming you're getting a mortgage? We went with Halifax, well we had little choice, had to watch a couple of videos so she didn't have to explain everything, seemed to take forever... Thankfully the person handling our mortgage had a sense of humour about the whole thing.

The lawyer bit was just signing papers. Rather quick overall. Anticlimax actually.

Then there's getting the insurances... Sigh...

Make sure you check around for quotes on insurances. Our bank offered them and they proved to be more expensive.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2017 03:31 AM
    Man that S8 looks nice. Why can't we get the nice devices (or... really just any devices at this point).

Congratulations!
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-30-2017 08:51 AM

Wow congrats! It's looking like a lot of big things are happening for you this year! Very cool.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2017 09:57 AM
    We are going whale watching today.
    03-30-2017 10:44 AM
    Welcome back. Did you get to take care of all of it, or at least enough of it?
    Well most of it, all I have left is maths and physics. That'll be taken care of during thr next week.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-30-2017 11:10 AM
    Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Yeah, lots of paperwork.

I'm assuming you're getting a mortgage? We went with Halifax, well we had little choice, had to watch a couple of videos so she didn't have to explain everything, seemed to take forever... Thankfully the person handling our mortgage had a sense of humour about the whole thing.

The lawyer bit was just signing papers. Rather quick overall. Anticlimax actually.

Then there's getting the insurances... Sigh...

Make sure you check around for quotes on insurances. Our bank offered them and they proved to be more expensive.
    We've gone through a local independent mortgage advisor, we've got a solicitor so now we're waiting for the estate agent and solicitor and the bank to get paperwork over to us, which is a bit frustrating. I've been told by people at work that anything that involves a solicitor involves frustration and pain so... woo!
    03-30-2017 01:31 PM
    Wow congrats! It's looking like a lot of big things are happening for you this year! Very cool.
    Thanks! Yeah certainly a big year so far. Hopefully it all quietens down soon!
    03-30-2017 01:32 PM

Congratulations! 😊
    libra89 and Muessig like this.
    03-30-2017 08:44 PM
    We are going whale watching today.
    Did you spot any whales?🐳
    libra89 likes this.
    03-30-2017 08:45 PM
    Well most of it, all I have left is maths and physics. That'll be taken care of during thr next week.
    Good luck!
    libra89 and Ed Boland like this.
    03-30-2017 08:45 PM
    Did you spot any whales?🐳
    Yup, one but it was great. Lots of dolphins and sea lions and one seal.
    03-30-2017 09:01 PM
    Looks like Samsung went fancy with the S8. I'd still pick a G6 based on what I've seen so far...
    libra89 and Ed Boland like this.
    03-30-2017 10:31 PM
    Looks like Samsung went fancy with the S8. I'd still pick a G6 based on what I've seen so far...
    Yeah I don't blame you there. It looks easier to hold. It's kind of trippy that they are the same height, I think.

Of course the fingerprint sensor is in a better place too.
    03-30-2017 10:35 PM
    I see mhkbhd has started to grow up again and this time evolve into a phone reviewer and not a great phone overview style of content. Good for him, I guess.
    03-30-2017 10:36 PM
    Ohh okay, I see. Good luck with those!
    03-30-2017 10:37 PM
    Yeah I don't blame you there. It looks easier to hold. It's kind of trippy that they are the same height, I think.

Of course the fingerprint sensor is in a better place too.
    Samsung wanted you not to use the fingerprint scanner. If they were focused on better one handed usage, they could have swapped placement for the fingerprint reader for the flash. It's all about the iris scanner as the way to unlock the device.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-30-2017 10:38 PM
    Samsung wanted you not to use the fingerprint scanner. If they were focused on better one handed usage, they could have swapped placement for the fingerprint reader for the flash. It's all about the iris scanner as the way to unlock the device.
    That's true. I don't doubt it but the way that has been on the 950s has me feeling kind of apprehensive about people actually adopting this as the regular way to unlock.
    03-30-2017 10:41 PM
    That's true. I don't doubt it but the way that has been on the 950s has me feeling kind of apprehensive about people actually adopting this as the regular way to unlock.
    I heard it was improved on the Note 7, but I don't want to use iris scanner for safety reasons for my commute.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-30-2017 10:54 PM
    I do like the Mi note 2. I'm seeing some RoMs I could update to, but I don't feel like manually flashing ****.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-30-2017 11:51 PM
    Bordeaux is very nice. We'll have to come back when we have more time and a better camera. Sony Z3 is a bit disappointing for night shots. Off to the countryside now!
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 03-31-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-31-2017 04:25 AM
    We've gone through a local independent mortgage advisor, we've got a solicitor so now we're waiting for the estate agent and solicitor and the bank to get paperwork over to us, which is a bit frustrating. I've been told by people at work that anything that involves a solicitor involves frustration and pain so... woo!
    Nothing like a solicitor to slow things down.

We tried an independent mortgage advisor but we proved a bit difficult for them for some reason. That was more painful than dealing with the solicitor...
    03-31-2017 04:28 AM
    I heard it was improved on the Note 7, but I don't want to use iris scanner for safety reasons for my commute.
    That's totally understandable.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-31-2017 08:28 AM
    It's amazing how we take advantage of things our bodies can do.

I have had seriously reduced hearing in one ear for like a month and some. I have been quietly suffering until I saw an ENT doctor. I had my follow up yesterday afternoon and I was all cleaned out. Wow, it's amazing to be able to hear correctly again. Everything seems so loud! I am so grateful that I almost want to cry.
    03-31-2017 08:34 AM
    Il est parti pour la France demain. Bordeaux ici nous arrivons!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a70474973f.jpg
    Sweet! I wonder how many versions of this same shot are floating around the internet?
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-31-2017 08:45 AM
    It's amazing how we take advantage of things our bodies can do.

I have had seriously reduced hearing in one ear for like a month and some. I have been quietly suffering until I saw an ENT doctor. I had my follow up yesterday afternoon and I was all cleaned out. Wow, it's amazing to be able to hear correctly again. Everything seems so loud! I am so grateful that I almost want to cry.
    Thats nice...reduced hearing is seriously a big issue n when u want ppl to repeat the words they said some really get angry..take care n stay fit..
    libra89 likes this.
    03-31-2017 08:49 AM
145,329 ... 53035304530553065307 ...