I can get it. It is hard.

I recall this when I was writing my undergraduate thesis. The final push took faith. I had all the research but only wrote 5 pages close to the end but then that push made it happen. Went from 5 pages to 20 something pages in 4 days (didn't really sleep LOL).

Anyway, I get you. Do whatever you need to get that push.
    My challenge is a little bit different, but the papers piece is certainly there. I've got that last one left so I'm trying to have it done and submitted early. Got some other things I need to focus on too...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-17-2017 04:08 PM
    Hustling with no car in a driver's paradise is like asking Mr. Trump to use restraint, logic and reasoning while decision-making - you'll get some results but it's slow going.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-17-2017 04:10 PM
    Well that was an interesting phone call. A recruiter called me from Google....
    04-17-2017 06:20 PM
    My challenge is a little bit different, but the papers piece is certainly there. I've got that last one left so I'm trying to have it done and submitted early. Got some other things I need to focus on too...
    I figured that it would be different for you of course. I still wish you the best with all of it though.
    04-17-2017 06:41 PM
    Well that was an interesting phone call. A recruiter called me from Google....
    Whoa! I can imagine that it was.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-17-2017 06:41 PM
    Whoa! I can imagine that it was.
    And they don't want me to write code๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    04-17-2017 06:46 PM
    I figured that it would be different for you of course. I still wish you the best with all of it though.
    Thanks. It'll be fine and get taken care of. It's just that some of the veterans here can attest to this...Getting a graduate degree can be a solitary experience on some levels...
    04-17-2017 07:33 PM
    Sounds like an exciting opportunity. Good luck!
    04-17-2017 07:38 PM
    Sounds like an exciting opportunity. Good luck!
    It is. I'll send in my resume tomorrow. If nothing, just for grins. It's a technical managerial position.
    04-17-2017 09:59 PM
    Well, all the best with it.
    04-17-2017 10:01 PM
    It is. I'll send in my resume tomorrow. If nothing, just for grins. It's a technical managerial position.
    That sounds awesome. Always looked like a neat place to work.
    04-17-2017 10:18 PM
    Good luck! That would be awesome. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    04-17-2017 11:06 PM
    It's done. Just finished sending my resume to the recruiter.
    04-17-2017 11:54 PM
    Gorgeous day to go for a training. If the weather holds up, I'm tempted to walk from the location to the train...It is a long *** walk though...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-18-2017 07:28 AM
    Good luck! It could be interesting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-18-2017 07:47 AM
    Gorgeous day to go for a training. If the weather holds up, I'm tempted to walk from the location to the train...It is a long *** walk though...
    Ooh, sounds like that would be interesting.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-18-2017 07:55 AM
    If you get the job at Google you'll be the second person I know working for them. :)
    04-18-2017 08:20 AM
    Ooh, sounds like that would be interesting.
    It was a 4.1 mile walk that took me 75 minutes.
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-18-2017 04:29 PM
    If you get the job at Google you'll be the second person I know working for them. :)
    Okay so after I went through my exchange with the recruiter here is a small but important clarification.
    I got a call from a recruiter hired by Alphabet and not Google. They are looking for people to join a new company. Already that new company has created quite a bit of buzz in my industry. They want people with experience (which I think I have) in that particular industry/discipline and hence the cold call via Linkedin profile information.
    04-18-2017 04:33 PM
    It was a 4.1 mile walk that took me 75 minutes.
    Wow...that is a long time! Was it worth it?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-18-2017 06:17 PM
    Okay so after I went through my exchange with the recruiter here is a small but important clarification.
    I got a call from a recruiter hired by Alphabet and not Google. They are looking for people to join a new company. Already that new company has created quite a bit of buzz in my industry. They want people with experience (which I think I have) in that particular industry/discipline and hence the cold call via Linkedin profile information.
    Ooh okay. Wow. It's kind of funny that you mentioned something about possibly trying something slightly different (I can't recall exactly how you worded it) and this pops up.

Do you think it could be interesting to try it out?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-18-2017 06:19 PM
    Wow...that is a long time! Was it worth it?
    I walk fast, so that was a pretty solid time. It was a nice day and so I went for it. It was a longer walk than I thought, but it was a great way to clear my head - which was the ultimate goal.

Yes, it was worth it.
    04-18-2017 07:18 PM
    Just plunked $$$ for an Orchid Grey Galaxy S8. It should arrive by Friday. Thankfully I got 3 cases lined up already ๐Ÿ˜
    04-18-2017 07:30 PM
    Ooh okay. Wow. It's kind of funny that you mentioned something about possibly trying something slightly different (I can't recall exactly how you worded it) and this pops up.

Do you think it could be interesting to try it out?
    I'll send you a slightly detailed answer tomorrow. Tonight is a bit crazy. Off to Minneapolis again tomorrow morning.
    04-18-2017 07:31 PM
    I walk fast, so that was a pretty solid time. It was a nice day and so I went for it. It was a longer walk than I thought, but it was a great way to clear my head - which was the ultimate goal.

Yes, it was worth it.
    That's awesome! I'm glad that it was worth it for you.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-18-2017 08:04 PM
144,464 ... 53195320532153225323 ...