Yes I know. I've seen it first hand here...

All I can do is see what happens. If it goes pear shaped my plans change... maybe. That's all I can do in these circumstances.
    That's all we can do at this point. I'm just very concerned about a lot of things I see, that's all.
    04-21-2017 09:44 AM
    That's all we can do at this point. I'm just very concerned about a lot of things I see, that's all.
    Well you know the theory I'm sure. Slow economy, low employment. Have a war...

I would use an Australian idium but there's no point really. We have little control over international issues. Best thing to do is fend for ourselves. Continue living and see what evolves.

I'm hoping we haven't regressed 50+ years but I'm unfortunately not an optimist and understand human behaviour all too well. We need the old guard to move on but unfortunately they keep lingering.

With the rise of populism again and far right thinking of the past whatever amount of years it's been around, it's hard to keep positive sometimes.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 04-21-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-21-2017 10:19 AM
    Well you know the theory I'm sure. Slow economy, low employment. Have a war...

I would use an Australian indium but there's no point really. We have little control over international issues. Best thing to do is fend for ourselves. Continue living and see what evolves.

I'm hoping we haven't regressed 50+ years but I'm unfortunately not an optimist and understand human behaviour all too well. We need the old guard to move on but unfortunately they keep lingering.

With the rise of populism again and far right thinking of the past whatever amount of years it's been around, it's hard to keep positive sometimes.
    Apparently, humans still like these cycles of war and peace. War economies and peace economies have very different looks, but serve similar purposes. You would think that with these more powerful weapons present that people would be more careful, but it seems like people are still stupid as they always are.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-21-2017 12:22 PM
    I'm glad the weekend is here.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-21-2017 07:59 PM
    The Pixel rarely disappoints. Canyonlands National Park from 32K ft above sea level.
    04-21-2017 10:20 PM
    My thing with Bluetooth headsets have always been...Love the convenience, hate the battery life. That outlook still applies to my SBH-70.
    04-22-2017 09:21 AM
    Guess since it's just me now I should pad my post count here for a second. I'm two days away from finishing my internship and one day paper away from finishing classes.

People have been asking me "are you ready for this to be over"? Party yes - to stop here those questions - and partly no - because I'm appreciative of the clients I've been able to work with, and some of the people I've met. But life is always like that...A mix of things you like and don't like.
    04-22-2017 09:25 AM
    Lots of changes for me are in the works. I think that's been the most striking thing about these past six months - working through things in a perpetual state of changes. I'm glad for the experience because I can now make some changes going forward to better work through those types of experiences.
    libra89, raycpl, N_LaRUE and 1 others like this.
    04-22-2017 09:27 AM
    Lots of changes for me are in the works. I think that's been the most striking thing about these past six months - working through things in a perpetual state of changes. I'm glad for the experience because I can now make some changes going forward to better work through those types of experiences.
    It sounds like you are in a period of transition. That's a great way to look at it. I wish you the best with the changes to come.
    04-22-2017 09:50 AM
    Rubber plantation.. been there, done that. The smell of fermented latex is not something one can forget easily.

Cocoa from the heydays to a sunset Industry.. been through it.

Malaria... two different strains bouts within several of months....The Horror!! The Horror!!

Oil palm... utterly boring
    ... and now cattle farming...

... !!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2017 09:50 AM
    So my coworker keeps teasing me about this guy at work that might like me. I laugh at it but nah I'm good. He has a fiancee so I long checked out of that possibility even though he's cute.

I told my coworker that and she still teases me anyway. I think he does though because he calls me his favorite librarian. I never noticed that he just says hi to everyone else but actually has conversations with me. Lol.

There was another girl who used to work here who a lot of the students and even staff go crazy for because she's super attractive and yet he didn't even care to remember her name. Never really put two and two together until coworker mentioned it.
    04-22-2017 09:57 AM
    So I learned to play pool yesterday. It​ is harder than it looks! I wasn't very good but I did hit one into the hole. I was so excited for myself and my friends were all congratulating me. It was fun though.

One friend was quick to say that pool is a great date idea. Dude. I'm sure it is but I don't know if I want to suck in that kind of situation lol.
    04-22-2017 10:06 AM
    I've been so pleased with the Mi Note 2 that I haven't thought about the G6, to be honest. I still may pop into a store to look at about the G6 and S8 again, but it feels good to be off the market.
    04-22-2017 10:52 AM
    So I learned to play pool yesterday. It​ is harder than it looks! I wasn't very good but I did hit one into the hole. I was so excited for myself and my friends were all congratulating me. It was fun though.

One friend was quick to say that pool is a great date idea. Dude. I'm sure it is but I don't know if I want to suck in that kind of situation lol.
    Pool is a great game that takes practice. Play it a few times and you'll be good to go!
    04-22-2017 11:24 AM
    I've been so pleased with the Mi Note 2 that I haven't thought about the G6, to be honest. I still may pop into a store to look at about the G6 and S8 again, but it feels good to be off the market.
    Wow, that's great to hear! I can imagine how nice that feels to be settled.
    04-22-2017 12:56 PM
    Pool is a great game that takes practice. Play it a few times and you'll be good to go!
    I'm going to take your word for it. If more opportunities arise, I'll be up for it again.
    04-22-2017 12:57 PM
    I used to play years ago. Had my own cue. I was a bit better than average. I knew some really good players that I beat occasionally...

I typically like 8 ball but I played 9, snooker and even the card game version which was fun.
    04-22-2017 01:00 PM
    My thing with Bluetooth headsets have always been...Love the convenience, hate the battery life. That outlook still applies to my SBH-70.
    I'll agree with that about Bluetooth headphones...
    04-22-2017 01:04 PM
    Damn, this S8 is nice. Also I don't think I am going to have any issues with the fingerprint scanner location.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2017 01:17 PM
    Damn, this S8 is nice. Also I don't think I am going to have any issues with the fingerprint scanner location.
    Really? Which hand do you pick the phone up with and do you find that changes your opinion?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2017 01:43 PM
    Really? Which hand do you pick the phone up with and do you find that changes your opinion?
    Right hand. No issues so far.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2017 02:06 PM
    Right hand. No issues so far.
    What about if you pick it up with left hand? How does that feel?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2017 02:09 PM
    What about if you pick it up with left hand? How does that feel?
    I rarely pick up the phone with my left hand so I can't answer that.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2017 02:11 PM
    I'll agree with that about Bluetooth headphones...
    I should vote for you for French president...we haven't agreed this much since the Berlin Wall fell...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-22-2017 02:12 PM
    Wow, that's great to hear! I can imagine how nice that feels to be settled.
    I hope you try it soon. It's a good feeling.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2017 02:14 PM
145,857 ... 53245325532653275328 ...