My vote would be to dump the SE and get a used 7 with a battery case.
    Yeah that's not a bad idea at all. I'll have to see what I can find because generally it should be okay if I have a battery case. The idea has been growing on me a little bit.

A red iPhone would be doing too much for me but hey I did say the idea is weird.
    04-27-2017 09:26 PM
    So my weird ideas are the following:

-Sell the Pixel and use the SE instead
    -Get a iPhone 7 in good condition for a nice price
    -Get a RED one
    -Get a battery case for said iPhone 7

If I did the iPhone 7 thing, I can't keep that and the Pixel. Weird for me generally but probably not too weird.

I learned that with the Pixel, the connectivity matters (especially at work) so I'll rather get a phone with similar connections(?) to it.
    I'll stay out of this one...
    04-27-2017 09:51 PM
    I'll stay out of this one...
    I really want to know what you'll say. I don't mind iOS, in fact I sometimes consider the idea of just using an iOS device. I get the limitations but aside from the customization, it doesn't really bother me.
    04-27-2017 09:56 PM
    I really want to know what you'll say. I don't mind iOS, in fact I sometimes consider the idea of just using an iOS device. I get the limitations but aside from the customization, it doesn't really bother me.
    I don't use up apple so I can't make suggestions.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-27-2017 10:08 PM
    I don't use up apple so I can't make suggestions.
    Ooh okay, I see. I just couldn't guess what you would say so I figured that I should ask. I think I might do 99's idea. I'll be returning the X Performance on Monday for sure.
    04-27-2017 10:29 PM
    Well, the long time regulars around here know I used to like Sony a lot more...at one point I had the tablet + phone + Smartband + watch made by Sony. I just got tired of their iterative approach and they never got the camera to a level I liked. It's kinda like HTC...I know if I buy HTC right now, it has to be the 10 because of the headphone jack and the DAC built-in. Nothing else would grab me. And Moto lost me from the time Lenovo bought them.

The plus is in the market there are lots of good options. the hard part is deciding what is the best for you. It's why I'm glad with the XL and the Mi Note 2 - they fit what I want.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-27-2017 10:41 PM
    Well, the long time regulars around here know I used to like Sony a lot more...at one point I had the tablet + phone + Smartband + watch made by Sony. I just got tired of their iterative approach and they never got the camera to a level I liked. It's kinda like HTC...I know if I buy HTC right now, it has to be the 10 because of the headphone jack and the DAC built-in. Nothing else would grab me. And Moto lost me from the time Lenovo bought them.

The plus is in the market there are lots of good options. the hard part is deciding what is the best for you. It's why I'm glad with the XL and the Mi Note 2 - they fit what I want.
    Wow, sounds like you were a major Sony fan! I agree about the cameras in my small experience with the compacts (z5 and X) and Z3. I get the HTC thing, it makes sense to me.

You are right about choices for sure. You made good ones for sure. Meeting the middle ground without totally sacrificing something important for me to have in a phone is hard.

I just wish that there were more smaller choices that were easier for me to try out. Like the Samsung A3 2017 seems like it would be nice to try out but finding one is difficult, mainly one that has bands that are supported here. Not really a Samsung person but it seems solid.
    04-27-2017 11:15 PM
    Wow, sounds like you were a major Sony fan! I agree about the cameras in my small experience with the compacts (z5 and X) and Z3. I get the HTC thing, it makes sense to me.

You are right about choices for sure. You made good ones for sure. Meeting the middle ground without totally sacrificing something important for me to have in a phone is hard.

I just wish that there were more smaller choices that were easier for me to try out. Like the Samsung A3 2017 seems like it would be nice to try out but finding one is difficult, mainly one that has bands that are supported here. Not really a Samsung person but it seems solid.
    If you are thinking of getting the iPhone 7 then know it is same size as Pixel and about 3mm more you get the S8. I'm just amazed how much screen Sammy stuffed into a small footprint. I'll do a comparo with the LG G6 when I get it.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-28-2017 12:23 AM
    If you are thinking of getting the iPhone 7 then know it is same size as Pixel and about 3mm more you get the S8. I'm just amazed how much screen Sammy stuffed into a small footprint. I'll do a comparo with the LG G6 when I get it.
    Ooh that's interesting. I'll be looking forward to seeing it!

That information is very helpful though, thank you. I'll think hard on the iPhone 7 idea before doing anything. Well, that's what I say now lol. Going to try though.
    Last edited by libra89; 04-28-2017 at 07:12 AM.
    04-28-2017 06:12 AM
    Man, I'm tired.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-28-2017 08:33 AM
    Man, I'm tired.
    Long week, school, life, or just in general or even all of the above?
    04-28-2017 09:17 AM
    I found an iPhone 7 with a battery case and such in nice condition from someone with excellent ratings so this is happening. I would have went for another color but it's alright.

I'm so glad that this is my only vice and that I don't really buy things otherwise or else it will suck for me.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-28-2017 09:31 AM
    Long week, school, life, or just in general or even all of the above?
    All of the above.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-28-2017 09:32 AM
    All of the above.
    I figured as much, you have a lot going on right now. Not sure how you keep your head on straight from it all.
    04-28-2017 09:33 AM
    It's a very windy blustery day outside. Allergy season is in full swing, the super bloom isn't helping things either.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-28-2017 10:32 AM

When you had the tablet+phone+Smartband+watch, you were probably 5% of Sony's revenue in North America. That you are a Sony fan is an understatement. I know how much trouble your Sony gadgets caused me...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-28-2017 12:26 PM
    I can't stand iOS because there are a very few simple things I would like to do that Apple just flat out refuses to let me do ergo I steer clear of their idevices.
    04-28-2017 12:39 PM
    I can't stand iOS because there are a very few simple things I would like to do that Apple just flat out refuses to let me do ergo I steer clear of their idevices.
    04-28-2017 12:39 PM
    I agree. Lack of a file manager is the biggest deal breaker for me. I also don't want to buy dongles I know I'd lose in order to use headphones.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    04-28-2017 12:57 PM
    I agree. Lack of a file manager is the biggest deal breaker for me. I also don't want to buy dongles I know I'd lose in order to use headphones.
    That's understandable. Yeah the dongle thing is going to be interesting. I never really use headphones anyway though. I considered the 6s but the connectivity is not as good as the Pixel is and that is the true reason why it's hard for me to go back to the SE after using a Pixel.

If my workplace was better, it would be fine but it's not. It's kind of like tasting raw honey but then going back to the honey with added sugars. Not terrible but a noticeable difference in taste.
    04-28-2017 01:21 PM
    Wait, so all of the times you had one, they were essentially for trade only and/or testing?

I can understand that as well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-28-2017 01:25 PM
    That's understandable. Yeah the dongle thing is going to be interesting. I never really use headphones anyway though. I considered the 6s but the connectivity is not as good as the Pixel is and that is the true reason why it's hard for me to go back to the SE after using a Pixel.

If my workplace was better, it would be fine but it's not. It's kind of like tasting raw honey but then going back to the honey with added sugars. Not terrible but a noticeable difference in taste.
    I always use wired headphones and don't like Bluetooth, so dongles would be a major PITA to me.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    04-28-2017 02:02 PM
    Wait, so all of the times you had one, they were essentially for trade only and/or testing?

I can understand that as well.
    Well that's partially true. I do have an iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad Air 2 and maybe getting the new iPad or another iPad Air 2. Those devices are used by other family members who are willing to put up with iOS idiosyncrasies.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-28-2017 02:31 PM
    Well that's partially true. I do have an iPhone 7, iPad 2, iPad Air 2 and maybe getting the new iPad or another iPad Air 2. Those devices are used by other family members who are willing to put up with iOS idiosyncrasies.
    Ah okay, I see.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-28-2017 02:43 PM
    Keyboard is garbage. You can make changes but default one still rears it's ugly head now and then.

Notifications are handled poorly.

Can't get the layout of the pages to my satisfaction.

Siri doesn't understand me 90% of the time.

Lastly, other phones now have better cameras!
    04-28-2017 02:48 PM
144,483 ... 53295330533153325333 ...