Well Wednesday is turning out to be a busy day. Have two phone interviews scheduled for that day. One for a local company and one for Alphabet.
    Good luck, my friend. 👍
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-11-2017 10:08 PM
    Just saying...no one likes doing anything for free. We live in a token economy here in 'Murica.
    On second thought, I'm probably going to go by myself in the morning or afternoon this weekend so no bribery would be necessary.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2017 10:28 PM
    On second thought, I'm probably going to go by myself in the morning or afternoon this weekend so no bribery would be necessary.
    Lol. Don't spend what you cannot afford to bribe, right?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-11-2017 10:34 PM
    Lol. Don't spend what you cannot afford to bribe, right?
    That's a point too that I didn't think about, lol. What I had in mind is how long this could take. If it's a 2 hour wait, I wouldn't want to be with someone who will be pressing me about how long this is taking for it to be fixed lol.

I have never been to that part of the city so maybe I'll browse, walk around the park there and get some food in the interim.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-11-2017 10:39 PM
    That's a point too that I didn't think about, lol. What I had in mind is how long this could take. If it's a 2 hour wait, I wouldn't want to be with someone who will be pressing me about how long this is taking for it to be fixed lol.

I have never been to that part of the city so maybe I'll browse, walk around the park there and get some food in the interim.
    Good for you. Sometimes, exploring on your own can be a good thing. I hope it's a quality yet cheaply done repair.
    05-11-2017 10:45 PM
    Good for you. Sometimes, exploring on your own can be a good thing. I hope it's a quality yet cheaply done repair.
    I do agree with you on that. As a shy person, the thought kind of terrifies me a little bit but I did go to a free concert last year (via train and a bit of walking) in the city (on the National Mall, in this case) all by myself when my friends flaked on going. I had a good time though and I'm glad that I did that.

Thank you! Me too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2017 10:52 PM
    I do agree with you on that. As a shy person, the thought kind of terrifies me a little bit but I did go to a free concert last year (via train and a bit of walking) in the city (on the National Mall, in this case) all by myself when my friends flaked on going. I had a good time though and I'm glad that I did that.

Thank you! Me too.
    It take some getting used to. Fortunately, women can have a slightly easier time with that stuff - believe it or not.
    05-11-2017 10:57 PM
    It take some getting used to. Fortunately, women can have a slightly easier time with that stuff - believe it or not.
    I'll take your word for it.

Hmm, I would have thought that it was the other way around, that's interesting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2017 11:00 PM
    I'll take your word for it.

Hmm, I would have thought that it was the other way around, that's interesting.
    Remember, as guys in 'Murica we are supposed to go out there and be more comfortable talking to people. Still, you might be surprised how many women are comfortable in meeting new people.

Maybe I'm biased because I am in the NYC area too, so...
    05-11-2017 11:21 PM
    Next Friday I am going to be in NYC.
    Landing at La Guardia Thursday night, first time and the old airport in NYC.
    Hold your breath in the parking garage, unless you like the smell of transgender bathrooms aka port-johns.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2017 10:23 AM
    Hold your breath in the parking garage, unless you like the smell of transgender bathrooms aka port-johns.
    I plan to take a cab straight out of the airport. I'll use the restroom in the hotel :-)
    But thanks for your advice.
    05-12-2017 01:28 PM
    Alright @MSFTisMIA I need a smartwatch recommendation from the smartwatch king himself. Most important to me is - I want something that resembles your typical watch and something I can wear to work with proper business attire that doesn't look ridiculously out of place. Other feature would be notifications - e-mails and texts etc I would like to be able to see a quick glance at that. That's really it. Anything else is a bonus.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-12-2017 05:44 PM
    Just picked up a Huawei Watch 2 Sport. I'm helping a friend sell it. Anyone here want a crack at it let me know.
    05-12-2017 07:30 PM
    Alright @MSFTisMIA I need a smartwatch recommendation from the smartwatch king himself. Most important to me is - I want something that resembles your typical watch and something I can wear to work with proper business attire that doesn't look ridiculously out of place. Other feature would be notifications - e-mails and texts etc I would like to be able to see a quick glance at that. That's really it. Anything else is a bonus.
    What's your budget? Do you prefer square or round? What OS are you pairing the phone to?
    05-12-2017 07:45 PM
    No real budget persay. I'm not looking to spend anything ridiculous but willing to get the right device.

Definitely prefer circle.

Android.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2017 07:46 PM
    No real budget persay. I'm not looking to spend anything ridiculous but willing to get the right device.

Definitely prefer circle.

Android.
    Ok. Do you need Bluetooth only or don't mind something with an LTE (which means it can spoof your number but be another additional monthly fee)?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2017 07:51 PM
    Would likely just do Bluetooth.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2017 07:52 PM
    Would likely just do Bluetooth.
    Ok...

Samsung S3 classic
    Samsung S2 classic
    Huawei watch*
    Asus Zenwatch 3
    Moto 360 42mm*
    LG watch style
    The Huawei watch 2 Sport forum member 99 is trying to sell with maybe the right black metal band

The S2 and S3 works will all Androids now. They run on Tizen OS - the others run on Android wear. The Huawei watch and 360 have * because they are two year old watches. While eligible for Wear 2.0, they may be obselete software wise next year. Everything else on this list is less than a year old except for the S2 classic (1 year old) which Samsung updated to run exactly like the S3.

In theory you can look at a Fossil branded smartwatch, but while they have the style part down, I'm not a fan of their current screen techs.

Depending on your wrist size, the S2 classic, Huawei watch, LG Style and the 360 42mm are smaller watches. S3 is a big watch and the Huawei watch 2 sport is slightly smaller.

All can manage notifications well, some people really like the click wheel or the Samsung watches and the crown of the Watch Style. The S3, Zenwatch 3, Huawei watch and Huawei watch 2 Sport have speakers to do calls on the watch.

Looks is subjective - if you like silver, the Huawei watch and the S3 in silver look really good - Moto 360, Zenwatch 3 and Watch Style get honorable mentions. If you prefer black, they all look nice.

Best to look in store first. I think you can see all but maybe the S2 classic and that 360 42mm. These all are in the $200-$350 range with the S3 the most expensive. You can get most on this list for closer to $200 for the newer ones and less than $200 for the olderpst ones with creative digging. This is brand-new prices...if you got mint condition, then you can do much better.

Oh, only the Zenwatch 3 (and maybe Huawei watch 2 sport for availability) a pain in the *** when it comes to using standard watch straps. The S2 classic (I I think), Huawei watch and Watch Style use standard 18mm, Moto 360 uses 20mm and the watch 2 sport and S3 uses 22mm (I think).

Hope this helps.
    05-12-2017 08:20 PM
    You can also go out of left field for the Tic watch as well. Many of these watches because they use the standard straps you can dress up and such. I'd suggest getting quick release watch bands to make that easier. Amazon can be a good place for brand new models around the price I mentioned...always best to see how it fits on the wrist before committing.
    05-12-2017 08:29 PM
    Ok...

Samsung S3 classic
    Samsung S2 classic
    Huawei watch*
    Asus Zenwatch 3
    Moto 360 42mm*
    LG watch style
    The Huawei watch 2 Sport forum member 99 is trying to sell with maybe the right black metal band

The S2 and S3 works will all Androids now. They run on Tizen OS - the others run on Android wear. The Huawei watch and 360 have * because they are two year old watches. While eligible for Wear 2.0, they may be obselete software wise next year. Everything else on this list is less than a year old except for the S2 classic (1 year old) which Samsung updated to run exactly like the S3.

In theory you can look at a Fossil branded smartwatch, but while they have the style part down, I'm not a fan of their current screen techs.

Depending on your wrist size, the S2 classic, Huawei watch, LG Style and the 360 42mm are smaller watches. S3 is a big watch and the Huawei watch 2 sport is slightly smaller.

All can manage notifications well, some people really like the click wheel or the Samsung watches and the crown of the Watch Style. The S3, Zenwatch 3, Huawei watch and Huawei watch 2 Sport have speakers to do calls on the watch.

Looks is subjective - if you like silver, the Huawei watch and the S3 in silver look really good - Moto 360, Zenwatch 3 and Watch Style get honorable mentions. If you prefer black, they all look nice.

Best to look in store first. I think you can see all but maybe the S2 classic and that 360 42mm. These all are in the $200-$350 range with the S3 the most expensive. You can get most on this list for closer to $200 for the newer ones and less than $200 for the olderpst ones with creative digging. This is brand-new prices...if you got mint condition, then you can do much better.

Oh, only the Zenwatch 3 (and maybe Huawei watch 2 sport for availability) a pain in the *** when it comes to using standard watch straps. The S2 classic (I I think), Huawei watch and Watch Style use standard 18mm, Moto 360 uses 20mm and the watch 2 sport and S3 uses 22mm (I think).

Hope this helps.
    That's awesome. Thank you.
    05-12-2017 08:31 PM
    That's awesome. Thank you.
    No problem. Hope you find something you like.
    05-12-2017 08:33 PM
    On the train! This is happening! Lots of other single people riding too.

It's a little cold to explore though so I might be lazy with that today. Depends how long they say the repair will take.
    05-13-2017 01:02 PM

It's a little cold to explore though so I might be lazy with that today. Depends how long they say the repair will take.
    That's exciting! Have fun!
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-13-2017 01:11 PM

Good for you. Hope the day turns out well.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-13-2017 01:14 PM
    That's exciting! Have fun!
    Maybe next time I will lol. It is literally a straight shot. I love that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-13-2017 01:40 PM
145,241 ... 53455346534753485349 ...