Ah, it feels nice to have the Pixel back. To skin again or not to skin is what I'm debating now. I enjoyed the dBrand skin (had to take it off for uBreakiFix to fix my phone) but whoa it was hard to put on.

It was much easier on the SE.

Edit: Ooh I forgot that my dBrand back came with a middle back piece too. That was much easier to install and it will do \o/ Yay for not having to spend more money right now xd
    Last edited by libra89; 05-22-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-22-2017 03:49 PM
    I regret updating my Huawei watch to 2.0. I'm doing more f'ing scrolling to find stuff than I did before. This is the one time I'm glad Lenovo is terrible with updates. I had an unread text message on my phone and there was no easy way to see what the message was and on the next screen it was showing me all the other read messages in the conversation.

I just don't get it. While there are under the hood improvements I like, I just don't get why Google went the direction they did with 2.0. and you wonder why Wear isn't selling.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    05-22-2017 05:27 PM
    I regret updating my Huawei watch to 2.0. I'm doing more f'ing scrolling to find stuff than I did before. This is the one time I'm glad Lenovo is terrible with updates. I had an unread text message on my phone and there was no easy way to see what the message was and on the next screen it was showing me all the other read messages in the conversation.

I just don't get it. While there are under the hood improvements I like, I just don't get why Google went the direction they did with 2.0. and you wonder why Wear isn't selling.
    I'm sorry to hear it's so cumbersome. 😞
    MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    05-22-2017 06:31 PM
    I'm sorry to hear it's so cumbersome. 😞
    Thanks. I got an Android Wear device not for it be another device to fiddle around with.
    05-22-2017 06:51 PM
    Thanks. I got an Android Wear device not for it be another device to fiddle around with.
    I picked up a Samsung Gear S2 because it was at a very attractive price but I was hesitant since I'm not at all familiar with Tizen. I'm glad I did because it feels much more refined than a Moto 360 I was playing around with while trying to decide. To be perfectly honest, I find it way more functional than an Apple Watch I bought not too long ago.

Gee, I can't for the life of me imagine why the ball and chain keeps giving me these dirty looks. Priv + Gear S2 and iPhone 6S Plus + Apple Watch. On the bright side, it's been months since my last PC-related purchase.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-22-2017 07:42 PM
    Ugh that sounds like such a pain. I'm sorry. :/ I recall how much you like that watch too.
    05-22-2017 07:53 PM
    Ugh that sounds like such a pain. I'm sorry. :/ I recall how much you like that watch too.
    The issue I have is the focus to push apps on it based on having connection to the internet separate from the phone. Not that such a move is a bad thing, but there are very few things you can do better on a smartwatch than on a phone.

I think a fitness focus would be welcomed. I also think streamlining the notification process is welcomed. I do think that strengthening the voice commands is a very good way to go, which I think they did to some degree with​ the assistant. But the issue is how the hardware is being built to take advantage of the software changes.

I don't want to be scrolling more than I had to. I loved the DND feature that also triggered silent mode on my phone (in wear 2.0, you have to turn the phone AND watch off on silent separately).

I still do some more testing, but so far, I'm not amused.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Josiah23 like this.
    05-23-2017 07:00 AM
    The issue I have is the focus to push apps on it based on having connection to the internet separate from the phone. Not that such a move is a bad thing, but there are very few things you can do better on a smartwatch than on a phone.

I think a fitness focus would be welcomed. I also think streamlining the notification process is welcomed. I do think that strengthening the voice commands is a very good way to go, which I think they did to some degree with​ the assistant. But the issue is how the hardware is being built to take advantage of the software changes.

I don't want to be scrolling more than I had to. I loved the DND feature that also triggered silent mode on my phone (in wear 2.0, you have to turn the phone AND watch off on silent separately).

I still do some more testing, but so far, I'm not amused.
    Ah okay, I wish you luck in your testing, and I hope that it looks up. It seems like it might not, but it would be nice if it does.
    Laura Knotek and Josiah23 like this.
    05-23-2017 07:25 AM
    The Pixel is doing it's hollow sim nonsense that it does sometimes but this time, it seems to be sticking. I don't get it, it worked here YESTERDAY and all of a sudden, it doesn't work today. It doesn't want me to use it.

As glad as I was to get this back, I don't know if I want to deal anymore. What's weird though is that I sent a text this morning and got a reply but then all of a sudden, no luck. I hope it clears up but I'm glad to have another phone in case I do have a need to make a call.

I don't even know if this is something that can be fixed since this is something that is also common with some other Pixel owners as well but it doesn't happen all the time. Regardless, I think I'm done. Going to go home on my lunch break and get my SE and put my sim back in since I am expecting a call and/or texts today. I just hope that I don't miss any.
    Laura Knotek and Josiah23 like this.
    05-23-2017 07:37 AM
    Damn the new Surface Pro is nice and with LTE. Awesomeness. I need to figure out how to get my hands on one!!
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and Josiah23 like this.
    05-23-2017 08:18 AM
    I know I haven't posted in some time so a real quick update. Nothing too exciting happening here.

1 - I've been reading the thread but not posting as I haven't got much to contribute.

2 - My residency application has been sent off. Currently without my passport so no travel for the time being.

3 - My car had a driver front spring go and blew my tyre to shreds in the process. Never heard a tyre go POP before. Thankfully I wasn't far from home (literally around the corner) car came to a grinding halt. I was able to move it off the road I was on thankfully. Was an unwelcome expense.

4 - Still saving for a house in France. Still trying to find more funds to make it happen quicker. No, robbing a bank is not an option.

5 - I obtained a new phone. I am now the proud owner of a Sony Xperia XZ. I know people are not big fans. Currently I haven't got much to say about it one way or the other as I just got it yesterday. It's blue. That's about it.

Not much else. Just the usual nonsense.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2017 09:43 AM
    Nothing really surprising from MS at their event.
    05-23-2017 09:44 AM
    Lastly, for now anyway. This probably is my favourite image I've seen in some time.

fb_img_1495464621687.jpg
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 05-23-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    05-23-2017 09:48 AM
    Hey Rue, did you get that XZ on the cheap?
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2017 10:23 AM
    Ah okay, I wish you luck in your testing, and I hope that it looks up. It seems like it might not, but it would be nice if it does.
    Thanks, but it's not going to change much. My 360 is the daily driver, so I'll chill with the old software for a while.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2017 10:24 AM
    Hey Rue, did you get that XZ on the cheap?
    I got it new for under £350. I thought that was good. I've been waiting for it to drop below £350 for some time. It's still ridiculously expensive in the regular shops.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-23-2017 10:31 AM
    I know I haven't posted in some time so a real quick update. Nothing too exciting happening here.

1 - I've been reading the thread but not posting as I haven't got much to contribute.

2 - My residency application has been sent off. Currently without my passport so no travel for the time being.

3 - My car had a driver front spring go and blew my tyre to shreds in the process. Never heard a tyre go POP before. Thankfully I wasn't far from home (literally around the corner) car came to a grinding halt. I was able to move it off the road I was on thankfully. Was an unwelcome expense.

4 - Still saving for a house in France. Still trying to find more funds to make it happen quicker. No, robbing a bank is not an option.

5 - I obtained a new phone. I am now the proud owner of a Sony Xperia XZ. I know people are not big fans. Currently I haven't got much to say about it one way or the other as I just got it yesterday. It's blue. That's about it.

Not much else. Just the usual nonsense.
    To me, it sounds like you do have things going on!

Good luck with the residency process! I hope that you'll get it for sure. Ooh, that's a bummer about the car. Glad to hear that you weren't too far and that you were okay.

Can you sell things to help save? I wish you luck with that process too. Congrats on the XZ and the deal! I hope you like it and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.
    05-23-2017 10:40 AM
    To me, it sounds like you do have things going on!

Good luck with the residency process! I hope that you'll get it for sure. Ooh, that's a bummer about the car. Glad to hear that you weren't too far and that you were okay.

Can you sell things to help save? I wish you luck with that process too. Congrats on the XZ and the deal! I hope you like it and I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.
    I just hope the residency process goes quickly but I have no control of that so I have to wait. I did ask for my passport back in case it takes too long so I can travel. They say it takes about a month for the return. No idea why.

I haven't got many things to sell and things I do have are not worth much. So I'd have to start a business and invest to sell things. Sigh... it's never easy.

We're doing OK so far with savings, the main issue is we want to move quicker. Our main concern is our property price. Currently it appears to be OK but we're worried that if we don't sell soon we may miss the peak. Not sure though. So hope is to save enough to get things moving but unfortunately it's mostly my wife's work that is our savings and it's a bit sporadic currently.

For the most part I think I'll be happy with the XZ. I like the fact it's a bit different. I'm mostly curious about the camera. The rest is inconsequential really.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2017 10:49 AM
    I got it new for under £350. I thought that was good. I've been waiting for it to drop below £350 for some time. It's still ridiculously expensive in the regular shops.
    Good call. Do a mini-vacation after you've broken it in. The blue color did look really good.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2017 10:56 AM
    Good call. Do a mini-vacation after you've broken it in. The blue color did look really good.
    He will need a mini vacation to get over the loss of his broken XZ.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-23-2017 11:26 AM
    He broke it already?
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-23-2017 11:55 AM
    He broke it already?
    Yeah wait what?
    05-23-2017 12:44 PM
    It's one of those days that I'm counting down the hours and minutes. Hopefully getting lost into work will make the time go by faster.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-23-2017 01:41 PM
    Huh? I haven't even used it yet unless you're implying something.

I have all the protection I need for it as well.
    05-23-2017 02:15 PM
    Right now the next vacation is Santorini in August. Not sure when I'm doing any other traveling.

It's a long weekend this weekend so we might go somewhere locally as I can't go anywhere in the EU at the moment.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2017 03:01 PM
144,076 ... 53525353535453555356 ...