My next moves are "in process", and because some parts are in still up in the air (as per habit), I'll share the changes once things settle down within the next two weeks, hopefully.
    No worries, I'm patient. More curious than anything else. I can relate to things being up in the air.

It's an odd time for me as well so I know the feeling.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2017 09:49 AM
    No worries, I'm patient. More curious than anything else. I can relate to things being up in the air.

It's an odd time for me as well so I know the feeling.
    I'm tackling three life changes simultaneously - school, housing and employment. Lots of moving parts, so once things calm down I can say more.

It's always been one challenge for me after another. I need to stop being a challenge junkie.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2017 09:52 AM
    I'm tackling three life changes simultaneously - school, housing and employment. Lots of moving parts, so once things calm down I can say more.

It's always been one challenge for me after another. I need to stop being a challenge junkie.
    Mine will be something similar, aside from the schooling aspect.

If things go to plan, house, country and work will change in one fell swoop.
    05-25-2017 09:55 AM

Mine will be something similar, aside from the schooling aspect.

If things go to plan, house, country and work will change in one fell swoop.
    I really wish you two the best outcomes in everything since you have massive changes ahead.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-2017 10:13 AM
    I feel your pain. My previous commute was Miami to West Palm Beach and it was 97 miles door-to-door each way. The morning was ok because 5AM traffic is not that bad. Going home was a bear though. It does get old quickly.
    Ouch!
    I had a 1.4 mile commute for 8 years that took about 3 minutes.
    Then went to a 28 minute commute (15 miles) for about 5+ years and hated it!
    Now I have a 12 minute commute (7 miles) for almost 6 years.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2017 10:15 AM
    This week is slow right now because graduation just happened a few days ago and summer classes start next week.

Because of that, I was able to catch up with two of my coworkers. That felt really good to do. One of them also wants to go to library school too and we are aiming for the same deadline this year! That's really cool.

It lifted my day to do that with the two of them.
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2017 10:16 AM

You would get bored if you didn't have challenges.
    Good luck with all three.
    Hope your commute becomes less eventful though.
    05-25-2017 10:16 AM
    I feel your pain. My previous commute was Miami to West Palm Beach and it was 97 miles door-to-door each way. The morning was ok because 5AM traffic is not that bad. Going home was a bear though. It does get old quickly.
    Whoa, that's nuts!
    Glad you no longer have to make that commute anymore.

I'm really trying to figure out an ideal commute for me to come in the future.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2017 10:17 AM
    Although speaking of commutes, I am entertaining a job that would be about 50 miles away and would take almost an hour to commute. But the job/profile is quite intriguing.
    05-25-2017 11:11 AM
    Whoa, that's nuts!
    Glad you no longer have to make that commute anymore.

I'm really trying to figure out an ideal commute for me to come in the future.
    No kidding, my commute is about 8 miles each way and it's about 15 minutes in the morning and about an hour going home. No wonder Forbes listed Miami as the 2nd worst city for traffic. I miss my Kawi 750. Not!!
    05-25-2017 11:14 AM
    Although speaking of commutes, I am entertaining a job that would be about 50 miles away and would take almost an hour to commute. But the job/profile is quite intriguing.
    Wait, didn't you have interviews recently? How did it go? Is there one that stands out more than the other?

Yeah 50 miles is long but it totally depends on if it would/could be worth it.
    05-25-2017 11:32 AM
    No kidding, my commute is about 8 miles each way and it's about 15 minutes in the morning and about an hour going home. No wonder Forbes listed Miami as the 2nd worst city for traffic. I miss my Kawi 750. Not!!
    15 minutes is really nice. Whoa an hour?! I see why Miami has that spot.
    05-25-2017 11:33 AM
    My commute currently takes me about two minutes. one of the perks of a small town. I do have a decision to make about whether I want to become a partner at my current place of business or potentially taking over management of some operations of a much bigger company. There's definitely perks to both but a lot to think about.
    05-25-2017 01:31 PM
    My commute is around 27 miles, but takes anywhere from 45-60 minutes :(
    05-25-2017 02:41 PM
    My commute currently takes me about two minutes. one of the perks of a small town. I do have a decision to make about whether I want to become a partner at my current place of business or potentially taking over management of some operations of a much bigger company. There's definitely perks to both but a lot to think about.
    That's a big decision! I wish you the best with making the ideal decision for you.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    05-25-2017 07:06 PM
    My commute is around 27 miles, but takes anywhere from 45-60 minutes :(
    Wow, like each way?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-2017 07:07 PM
    You would get bored if you didn't have challenges.
    Good luck with all three.
    Hope your commute becomes less eventful though.
    I didn't mind my commute itself so much, but the issue was how the commute impacted on some of my social activities.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-25-2017 07:08 PM
    Shredding is now about 45% of the way done. I hope to get to about 80% by the end of Saturday.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-25-2017 07:09 PM
    On the commute note, I'm about 5 miles away from work and 14 minutes away from work. It sucks that when I move, I will be farther but I don't want a 40 minute commute.

On that note, I'm taking a pause from looking for places for a bit. As much as I want to leap, I need to figure out what is more reasonable. I'm aiming to start grad school in Spring (knock on wood I get in) and I don't want to be very far from school, which I am right now. An ideal middle ground is what I'm seeking. It exists but I want to be in a safe place though.

Something might have to give but not my safety...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-2017 07:13 PM
    Shredding is now about 45% of the way done. I hope to get to about 80% by the end of Saturday.
    Nice work! I believe that you will be, sounds like you are on a roll!
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2017 07:14 PM
    A nice soul over at iMore shared that Dollar Tree has tempered glass screen protectors for iPhones (and of course the Samsung Galaxy S phones too) so I went to find one for this other SE. I'm surprised at how nice it is. Mind blown.

If I decide to stay in iPhone land, I'm done paying the cost of a screen protector and shipping together.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2017 07:16 PM
    Nice work! I believe that you will be, sounds like you are on a roll!
    It's been a slow grind. I've been at all all week. I'll never go years between shredding again...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-25-2017 07:43 PM
    BOGO is here!
    One Silver and one Orchid Grey.
    05-25-2017 09:59 PM
    how do you get so many devices... ha ha
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-2017 10:23 PM
    how do you get so many devices... ha ha
    They cost money 😁
    And I have connections 😂😂😂