The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Wow good luck with all of that!

Speaking of hectic, how is the new position so far?
    Thanks! Yeah the new position is going quite well - still helping the new people with questions etc as you'd expect but generally I'm full time into my new role. Every day is different so that's a big bonus!
    05-30-2017 02:37 AM
    Thanks! Yeah the new position is going quite well - still helping the new people with questions etc as you'd expect but generally I'm full time into my new role. Every day is different so that's a big bonus!
    Glad to hear it, that's awesome!
    Muessig likes this.
    05-30-2017 10:28 AM
    That's awesome! I'm glad you like it, and the variety is nice too. 😊
    libra89 and Muessig like this.
    05-30-2017 10:40 AM
    Just ordered three pairs of shoes for the dress.

May one of these work. Please. I will return the other two once I figure out which one works best.

It was silly to wait for so long to order my shoes but on the flip side, I wouldn't have known how the dress was like with shoes, if I ordered some previously that are nice but useless with the dress.
    Last edited by libra89; 05-30-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    05-30-2017 11:05 AM
    Things are heating up as the month ends. I'm hopeful things break for me favorably...
    05-30-2017 02:13 PM
    Things are heating up as the month ends. I'm hopeful things break for me favorably...
    Good luck!
    05-30-2017 02:18 PM
    Yes good luck! I hope that they do too, for you.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-30-2017 02:52 PM
    Good luck!
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-30-2017 04:26 PM
    Thanks for all the well wishes. Come tomorrow evening, one thing will be resolved. This has been one tiring and self-inflicted difficult experience. But, we learn from them all, so I won't complain.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-30-2017 07:08 PM
    I wonder if I'll have the same audio issue on calls with the Mi Note 2 if I use USB-C headphones? Only one way to find out...
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-31-2017 06:57 AM
    So yesterday finished off 5 days of renovation. I still have more to do but this was something we've been wanting to do for some time.

We painted three brand new doors. All the architrave for the doors.
    Had the outside of the house painted, both front and back (we live in a terrace house) so now it's nice and fresh looking.

Got some more painting to do still along with some other bits of work to complete things.

Feels never ending....
    05-31-2017 07:07 AM
    I wonder if I'll have the same audio issue on calls with the Mi Note 2 if I use USB-C headphones? Only one way to find out...
    Drink some covfefe before you get started.
    05-31-2017 08:37 AM
    Drink some covfefe before you get started.
    Too late, I already slapped your hand away with a comment like that...
    05-31-2017 09:27 AM
    I've been curious about this whole USB headphone thing.

Though I get what they're saying I'm a bit underwhelmed by the 'technology' hype. I can't believe the losses are that large on a rather short piece of cable.

If you have quality headphones you'll have generally good sound. I'm not sure if putting the DAC converter in the headset is going to make significant difference. You're still converting the signal.

Lastly, the main issue with headphones in general, the cord, is still there....
    05-31-2017 10:29 AM
    I've been curious about this whole USB headphone thing.

Though I get what they're saying I'm a bit underwhelmed by the 'technology' hype. I can't believe the losses are that large on a rather short piece of cable.

If you have quality headphones you'll have generally good sound. I'm not sure if putting the DAC converter in the headset is going to make significant difference. You're still converting the signal.

Lastly, the main issue with headphones in general, the cord, is still there....
    It's still too much of a wild west in comparison to a more established standard like the 3.5mm jack. I'm willing to try it to see if my issue with the phone isn't related to the jack itself.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-31-2017 10:54 AM
    I'm curious about how that would go for you. Please let us know how it goes if you decide to do it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2017 03:15 PM
    I'm having second thoughts on keeping two WPs. The size and feel of the 650 is excellent. Not as good as the SE but really solid. The 950 has an excellent camera though but the width makes it feel bigger. I would really like to go down to having three phones again though, but an Android phone should be in there too.

As for my other SE, I don't plan to have it in the long run.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2017 03:23 PM
    To try a new phone or to wait for what's to come is the question...

I'm paying 2 phone bills and I'll really like to take that down to one, since the 2 phone life isn't for me long term.

I don't care about the iPhone 8, Note 8, or really any other phones like that.

I need to figure out a reasonable compromise. The Pixel has really spoiled me with what it offers.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-31-2017 07:06 PM
    To try a new phone or to wait for what's to come is the question...

I'm paying 2 phone bills and I'll really like to take that down to one, since the 2 phone life isn't for me long term.

I don't care about the iPhone 8, Note 8, or really any other phones like that.

I need to figure out a reasonable compromise. The Pixel has really spoiled me with what it offers.
    KEYone girl, you know you want one. To thine own self be true.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-31-2017 07:58 PM
    I'm having second thoughts on keeping two WPs. The size and feel of the 650 is excellent. Not as good as the SE but really solid. The 950 has an excellent camera though but the width makes it feel bigger. I would really like to go down to having three phones again though, but an Android phone should be in there too.

As for my other SE, I don't plan to have it in the long run.
    Leave it to a woman to obsess over size, along with fit and feel in the hand...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-31-2017 08:48 PM
    The ribbed texture of the keys would mess with the fit and in hand feel bit for her...
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    05-31-2017 08:49 PM
    I wish but it's going to fail the pocket test because of the height. I love the idea of it and look of it though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2017 08:54 PM
    Leave it to a woman to obsess over size, along with fit and feel in the hand...
    Haha!
    As a very particular one, this is true.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    05-31-2017 08:55 PM
    Considering trying the Samsung Galaxy A3 2017. No band 12 but it seems like it would be a good compromise otherwise. I'm calculating how much I would lose thanks to restocking fees (if needed) but I'm in review land right now.

What I would give to be done with phones for like the rest of the year...

The storage at 16gb is kind of unfortunate though BUT I have had my 16gb SE for over a year with no issues.

Edit: On second thought, not sure about that either xd
    Josiah23 likes this.
    05-31-2017 09:00 PM
    I sometimes think Google knows too much about me. LOL!
    user-birthday-5656109189693440-lawcta.gif
    06-01-2017 01:19 AM
142,796 ... 53605361536253635364 ...