Thanks!

Day was as enjoyable as one can be while still working. :P

Cake was very good. :)
    Glad to hear it
    On both counts that is.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-02-2017 08:22 AM
    The flip side of having two phones is that I can leave the phone with the "known" number when I want to quickly do something and just take the other one. For all of the fuss I have made about this phone thing, I'm still considering switching carriers. That way I can have my cake and eat it too, to a degree. Tomorrow will be the final test.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-02-2017 09:51 AM
    Here I am, fiddling around with an android (Oppo A37), assisting my brother inlaw move on from a L720.

Previously on feature phones, guess his 8 months journey on WP8, has ended.

Not something I'm keen to do, but the Lumia used to belong to the wife. She kinda took pity with his double struggle of being new to smart phone and has no support as no one around him seems to know how to use a WP.

... !!
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-02-2017 11:27 AM
    So, what's up folks? Long time no see.
    06-02-2017 03:28 PM
    I see not much has changed here, everybody's pretty much still here. Glad to see that.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-02-2017 03:30 PM
    A "top rated plus" seller on eBay sold me this iPhone 7 with a balance still owed on it. I didn't know this was the case until I decided to sell it on Swappa and Swappa denied the listing for that reason.
    So you're permanently stuck with it? That really sucks, I hope you manage to resolve the issue somehow.

If I may ask, what was it that you didn't like about the iPhone? Not many folks have left it, I'm really curious.
    06-02-2017 03:32 PM
    Went out to dinner so took some pictures of the scenery afterward.

Camera did alright.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...606eb02037.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1f2448502c.jpg
    New phone?
    MSFTisMIA, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-02-2017 03:33 PM
    So, what's up folks? Long time no see.
    Hey! How's it been going with you?
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-02-2017 03:34 PM
    Man, two accidents I ran into in the space of an hour. Hopefully no one was hurt...cars and public transit bus looked like the got some good hits though...
    We had a few accidents in our neighborhood as well. I believe two people got killed, both accidents happened thanks to reckless drivers. I believe in both of those the drivers was those who survived, while folks who were on the passenger seats were the ones who got the worst of it and payed with their lives.

That's why I don't fool around or drink while driving.
    06-02-2017 03:38 PM
    So you're permanently stuck with it? That really sucks, I hope you manage to resolve the issue somehow.

If I may ask, what was it that you didn't like about the iPhone? Not many folks have left it, I'm really curious.
    Yep, pretty much. I can't resolve it, I can only sell it at a loss or recycle it (which doesn't make sense for a current gen phone) or I can use it, but then the circle repeats when I'm over this model.

I don't mind iOS, the iPhone 7 doesn't really amaze or "wow" me at all. Now the iPhone SE on the other hand, amazes me because of the specs and power in a truly small phone. Going from the SE to the 7 was just ok with me but the battery on the 7 is worse than the SE. I'm rambling but the SE is the most interesting iPhone to me.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-02-2017 03:43 PM
    Hey! How's it been going with you?
    Lots of studying for sure. As I said before I temporary left, I had to focus on school. And it sort of turned out well. Did not manage to achieve the desired 5.0, but I can safely say that it's not my fault. Some people should be banned not just from teaching, but entering the schools as well.

I'm still fine with the 4.8, not as great as straight As, but it is what it is.

Everything else is still pretty much the same.
    06-02-2017 03:44 PM
    Yep, pretty much. I can't resolve it, I can only sell it at a loss or recycle it (which doesn't make sense for a current gen phone) or I can use it, but then the circle repeats when I'm over this model.

I don't mind iOS, the iPhone 7 doesn't really amaze or "wow" me at all. Now the iPhone SE on the other hand, amazes me because of the specs and power in a truly small phone. Going from the SE to the 7 was just ok with me but the battery on the 7 is worse than the SE. I'm rambling but the SE is the most interesting iPhone to me.
    So, if I got it right, you'd have to pay it off in order to "completely" own it? You'd actually have to pay it twice, man, I do not envy you at all :D.

I have to admit, I played with the 7+ again the other day. I too find it a bit boring. Played with the cameras for a few minutes, the 3D touch and that was pretty much it. I was like, what do I do now? I find both the hardware and the iOS just a bit boring.
    06-02-2017 03:48 PM
    Oh, happy birthday Rue. Wish you many more happy and worry-free years.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-02-2017 03:49 PM
    I have officially graduated high school in the last Thursday. The prom and the whole ceremony was almost perfect, we had a good program that wasn't either too long or too short, it was just about right. And the band that was playing was just plain awesome. They sang old ex yu rock songs at the beginning, a few old sevdalinkas and (real) folks songs.

We may have over-exaggerated with the after party. I left the pub at 7:30 in the morning, crushed and exhausted. But it was a once in a lifetime experience, so I don't really regret it at all.
    06-02-2017 03:55 PM
    Rue, I never thought I'd say this, but I actually liked Radiohead's song. Unexpected things really do happen :D. But it was just this one song that I enjoyed, but it was a surprise to me nonetheless.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-02-2017 03:58 PM
    I have officially graduated high school in the last Thursday. The prom and the whole ceremony was almost perfect, we had a good program that wasn't either too long or too short, it was just about right. And the band that was playing was just plain awesome. They sang old ex yu rock songs at the beginning, a few old sevdalinkas and (real) folks songs.

We may have over-exaggerated with the after party. I left the pub at 7:30 in the morning, crushed and exhausted. But it was a once in a lifetime experience, so I don't really regret it at all.
    Congrats. I graduated too. That new graduate smell at any level is a nice thing. So what's next?
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    06-02-2017 04:41 PM
    Thanks!

Definitely more cynical.I prefer peppery rather than salty. :P
    Hmmm. Better to be an grumpy older man than a dirty old man, right?
    libra89, fatclue_98 and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-02-2017 04:44 PM
    So...went looking for the Key One today, didn't find it. On the brighter side, I saw the Huawei watch 2 and watch 2 classic. Man, those things are yuge! I like the look of the Watch 2 better of the two, honestly.

Glad I'm not getting either. Although, that Gear S2 Classic is neat looking...rotating bezel is a brilliant move.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-02-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    libra89, Rose640 and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-02-2017 04:47 PM
    Lots of studying for sure. As I said before I temporary left, I had to focus on school. And it sort of turned out well. Did not manage to achieve the desired 5.0, but I can safely say that it's not my fault. Some people should be banned not just from teaching, but entering the schools as well.

I'm still fine with the 4.8, not as great as straight As, but it is what it is.

Everything else is still pretty much the same.
    4.8 still sounds very good to me! Well done! Sounds like you made the right choice.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-02-2017 05:07 PM
    So, if I got it right, you'd have to pay it off in order to "completely" own it? You'd actually have to pay it twice, man, I do not envy you at all :D.

I have to admit, I played with the 7+ again the other day. I too find it a bit boring. Played with the cameras for a few minutes, the 3D touch and that was pretty much it. I was like, what do I do now? I find both the hardware and the iOS just a bit boring.
    The sad thing is that I can't even pay it off since I did not originally pay for this phone. I got it secondhand.

Haha, it generally works well but I can get being bored. My hands are tied, the iPhone is my only option at this point.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-02-2017 05:11 PM

Yay congrats!! How does it feel to be a graduate?
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-02-2017 05:12 PM
    So...went looking for the Key One today, didn't find it. On the brighter side, I saw the Huawei watch 2 and watch 2 classic. Man, those things are yuge! I like the look of the Watch 2 better of the two, honestly.

Glad I'm not getting either. Although, that Gear S2 Classic is neat looking...rotating bezel is a brilliant move.
    Aw sorry about the KeyOne. It seems to be selling super well or well enough anyway.

It sounds like you chose well with your watches of choice.
    06-02-2017 05:13 PM
    Tomorrow, I should be finding out how life is without the headphone jack on a phone again. I hope it comes before I have to go out though.

Speaking of coming, I got my 1st pair of shoes for the dress yesterday night. It is a higher heel than I would wear but it's actually comfortable.
    fatclue_98, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    06-02-2017 07:33 PM
    Hmmm. Better to be an grumpy older man than a dirty old man, right?
    I aspire to be both. Halfway there on both counts. 😁
    libra89, N_LaRUE, Rose640 and 2 others like this.
    06-02-2017 07:36 PM

The Gear S2 is a boss. I had no idea Tizen was so much better than Android Wear or Watch OS. Matter of fact, I'm selling my Apple Watch. I can't deal with Apple's logic of muting phone notifications while wearing their watch and not having the choice to disable that. The feint "ding" you get on the watch is totally useless unless you're in a library or church. Certainly doesn't cut it among a gaggle of loud Cubans.
    06-02-2017 07:42 PM
144,707 ... 53635364536553665367 ...