It's true though. She kinda had no reason to call elections 3(!) years early...she apparently may have wanted an iron clad mandate to ball break the EU in the upcoming Brexit negotiations...but the freshness of 3 recent terror attacks may have made her stance on national security a factor in the elections...
    Ya gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2017 07:07 PM
    I'm watching a video with a girl struggling to answer this riddle: "Mary's father had four children - Joshua, Jacob and James. What was the name of the 4th child?"
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-09-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    06-09-2017 09:04 PM
    I'm watching a video with a girl struggling to answer this riddle: "Mary's father had four children - Josha, Jacob and James. What was the name of the 4th child?"
    Please tell me the girl is a 5 year old.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2017 09:14 PM
    Please tell me the girl is a 5 year old.
    No, she looked like she was in the 18-24 bracket, in a two piece bikini by a pool sunning herself. So you know using the brain is optional. My favorite line of the exchange is where she says: "why are you looking at me like I'm stupid?"
    06-09-2017 09:16 PM
    No, she looked like she was in the 18-24 bracket, in a two piece bikini by a pool sunning herself. So you know using the brain is optional. My favorite line of the exchange is where she says: "why are you looking at me like I'm stupid?"
    The next Secretary of Education. Can't be worse than what we have now.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-09-2017 09:19 PM
    The next Secretary of Education. Can't be worse than what we have now.
    Sounds she might advocate for classes by the water...maybe a more relaxed dress code?
    06-09-2017 09:35 PM
    Any vice can do that to you, not just phones...
    That's a fair point but as someone who can become easily addicted to something, I don't know. This doesn't happen with my coworker who is really into makeup. That is her vice.

I'm very hot and cold about being into things I could never start smoking because it would be too easy for me to get addicted to it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2017 09:56 PM
    That's a fair point but as someone who can become easily addicted to something, I don't know. This doesn't happen with my coworker who is really into makeup. That is her vice.

I'm very hot and cold about being into things I could never start smoking because it would be too easy for me to get addicted to it.
    You may be surprised at how ingrained vices can take many different shapes and forms...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-09-2017 09:59 PM
    You may be surprised at how ingrained vices can take many different shapes and forms...
    You would know more about that than I would, so I'll take your word for it.
    06-09-2017 10:02 PM
    You would know more about that than I would, so I'll take your word for it.
    Just have seen it different days, that is all...
    06-09-2017 10:03 PM
    Just have seen it different days, that is all...
    And here I thought it was because of your professional background, but now you have me curious.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2017 10:06 PM
    And here I thought it was because of your professional background, but now you have me curious.
    I can pull both personal and professional experiences...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-09-2017 10:10 PM
    I can pull both personal and professional experiences...
    Ooh okay, noted.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2017 10:18 PM
    Ooh okay, noted.
    Did you solve the riddle of Mary's father above?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-09-2017 10:21 PM
    Did you solve the riddle of Mary's father above?
    Nope.

Edit: Oh, I think I got it.
    06-09-2017 10:42 PM
    Nope.

Edit: Oh, I think I got it.
    I'm glad. Don't spoil it for the lurkers...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    06-09-2017 10:45 PM

Definitely don't start smoking. Been doing it for about 40 years and it's become a physical dependency. Quitting the bottle was a piece of cake and I've been sober for over 20 years. Outside of some grass in high school, I've never done any drugs so it's funny how addictions can run sometimes.

Hunting for that perfect phone is a harmless hobby, all things considered.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    06-09-2017 11:10 PM
    Definitely don't start smoking. Been doing it for about 40 years and it's become a physical dependency. Quitting the bottle was a piece of cake and I've been sober for over 20 years. Outside of some grass in high school, I've never done any drugs so it's funny how addictions can run sometimes.

I know of an old story where a priest who was a heavy smoker and heavy drinker was confronted by his family in his office one day. His wife said: "we will tolerate you only having ONE vice...you must choose between drinking or smoking. You have five minutes to decide."

So they stepped outside his office and five minutes later, they piled back in to hear his answer. As they filed in, he took one final look between his cigarettes and his flask.

His wife: "Did you decide?"

The priest nodded...and handed over the flask.
    06-09-2017 11:41 PM
    I'm watching a video with a girl struggling to answer this riddle: "Mary's father had four children - Joshua, Jacob and James. What was the name of the 4th child?"
    That was scarily easy. I sometimes read too much into things and can miss the obvious. This wasn't one of those times.
    06-10-2017 04:00 AM
    She gambled and lost. That little thing called terrorist attacks blew up her plans...
    I don't think the attacks had much to do with this. Usually with attacks people are more inclined to vote conservative.

I think the fact that young people got out and voted was the difference.

They're still waiting for official figures but there's a sense that it was young people who changed things. The Labour party targeted their manifesto at young and old alike and the conservatives were doing more austerity.

The Tories still won but this damaged them. There's a possibility that either May goes or another election is called.

The EU is frustrated to say the least. As you pointed out. There was no need to call this election. It was pure ego in my view. They utterly failed.
    06-10-2017 04:06 AM
    I don't think the attacks had much to do with this. Usually with attacks people are more inclined to vote conservative.

I think the fact that young people got out and voted was the difference.

They're still waiting for official figures but there's a sense that it was young people who changed things. The Labour party targeted their manifesto at young and old alike and the conservatives were doing more austerity.

The Tories still won but this damaged them. There's a possibility that either May goes or another election is called.

The EU is frustrated to say the least. As you pointed out. There was no need to call this election. It was pure ego in my view. They utterly failed.
    It would appear that this election and Obama's prior two highlight the importance of the youth vote and how dismissive the old guard was of it - and it kicked them in the groin.

Truth be told, UK shouldn't have left the EU...and now that they have, I don't blame the EU for wanting to get them out the door. I know the US and the UK are allies, but it looks like the inconsistencies of the Trump administration seeped into May's stewardship...
    06-10-2017 08:54 AM

Dang that sounds hard. Congrats on being sober for so long!

Yeah you're right. It's harmful to my wallet though Me and my coworker occasionally talk about our "vices" and she has decided that mine is more expensive, which is true. I don't want to think about how I could have had enough for a security deposit with how much this has all been.

I'm just saying but it's cool since I have arrived now. Had an interesting conversation with my friend yesterday who is a Apple fan. He was really curious about the battery case since he's never seen one in real life. He was shocked to hear me say that I don't want a iPhone 8. Just a refreshed SE.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-10-2017 09:24 AM
    Dang that sounds hard. Congrats on being sober for so long!

Yeah you're right. It's harmful to my wallet though Me and my coworker occasionally talk about our "vices" and she has decided that mine is more expensive, which is true. I don't want to think about how I could have had enough for a security deposit with how much this has all been.

I'm just saying but it's cool since I have arrived now. Had an interesting conversation with my friend yesterday who is a Apple fan. He was really curious about the battery case since he's never seen one in real life. He was shocked to hear me say that I don't want a iPhone 8. Just a refreshed SE.

There's no such thing as one vice being more expensive than another. Cigarettes are cheap compared to a bottle of Bourbon or Brandy, but do more expensive damage along the way. You only get to go once on this merry-go-round, you gotta be you. When you settle for second best you're shortchanging yourself. There's always other apartments available, you'll get yours.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-10-2017 10:11 AM
    There's no such thing as one vice being more expensive than another. Cigarettes are cheap compared to a bottle of Bourbon or Brandy, but do more expensive damage along the way. You only get to go once on this merry-go-round, you gotta be you. When you settle for second best you're shortchanging yourself. There's always other apartments available, you'll get yours.
    I'm going to keep that in mind, thanks.

You're so right about the settling point. I'm sure you're right but finding the balance of what I can afford and how far I want to be and how safe is hard.
    06-10-2017 11:05 AM
    I'm going to keep that in mind, thanks.

You're so right about the settling point. I'm sure you're right but finding the balance of what I can afford and how far I want to be and how safe is hard.
    Hey, I never promised you a rose garden. Along with the sunshine there's got to be a little rain sometime.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-10-2017 11:47 AM
144,480 ... 53765377537853795380 ...