I really wished Sony did a refresh to the Z3 Tablet Compact. As much as I like it, it could certainly use 7.0 + the extra GB or RAM + the S821 chip. I have no plans to sell it, but the extra performance would be nice.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-10-2017 04:50 PM
    I really wished Sony did a refresh to the Z3 Tablet Compact. As much as I like it, it could certainly use 7.0 + the extra GB or RAM + the S821 chip. I have no plans to sell it, but the extra performance would be nice.
    I'm still waiting for Nougat on this Tab S2 as well. Although it's running great on MM. Let's see how this stacks up against the Mediapad M3 that I just purchased.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    06-10-2017 04:53 PM
    I'm still waiting for Nougat on this Tab S2 as well. Although it's running great on MM. Let's see how this stacks up against the Mediapad M3 that I just purchased.
    Mine will never get 7.0 officially, so you have the edge there.

Good to see you graced us with a post...
    06-10-2017 05:20 PM
    I survived. I was bored but it was nice to hear all of the sweet things his friends said about him.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-10-2017 08:32 PM
    Powered up my Surface3 just now and launched Edge. Then it emitted loud white noise. Had quite a scare cos it was blasting out full-on loudness. The volume buttons doesn't work, neither does muting it.
    I closed Edge, and tried playing music on the media player... full on white noise again.
    Ooops, what the.... Hope the speakers are not broken, or something more serious.....
    Finally solved the problem by disabling the sound drivers and reboot....and let the OS sort the drivers itself out...
    The missus is happy, the balance of the universe is restored

... !!
    06-11-2017 02:10 AM
    Ok regulars here, you know I have a Nexus 5X, you probably also know Nexus 5X is known to have bootloop problem. And well, mine got into bootloop today, Amazon is really helpfull so I now have a chance to get new Nexus 5X or they can refund me money and I buy Motorola Moto Z, if I add about 15 €. Thoughts?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-11-2017 05:13 AM
    Ok regulars here, you know I have a Nexus 5X, you probably also know Nexus 5X is known to have bootloop problem. And well, mine got into bootloop today, Amazon is really helpfull so I now have a chance to get new Nexus 5X or they can refund me money and I buy Motorola Moto Z, if I add about 15 €. Thoughts?
    Add those 15€. That's what I'd do.
    libra89, Sport Driver and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-11-2017 07:27 AM
    I'd go with the Moto Z, honestly a ton of reasons. If you can pop into a shop to see it in person before you decide, that's helpful.

Sorry to hear you've got a case of the bootloops.
    06-11-2017 08:12 AM
    What they said! That amount is very small for possible peace of mind! I'm sorry that it happened to you
    Sport Driver likes this.
    06-11-2017 08:41 AM
    The camera in the 5X for low light may still be a bit better than the Moto Z, but in all other areas, the Z is a clear upgrade.
    Sport Driver, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-11-2017 09:10 AM
    Or I can go for LG G5, , that is about 15 on top of Moto. I will go with one of those two, which one would you say? I'm leaning towards G5 for the sake of camera since it is great.
    edit I just noticed is G5 SE with SD652, better to go with Motorola huh?
    Last edited by Sport Driver; 06-11-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    06-11-2017 10:33 AM
    Or I can go for LG G5, , that is about 15 on top of Moto. I will go with one of those two, which one would you say? I'm leaning towards G5 for the sake of camera since it is great.
    LG G5 over Moto Z:

Removable battery, slightly smaller form factor, better camera (more versatility at least), IR port, 3.5mm jack, better audio, better software support

Moto Z over G5:

AOSP for stock like experience, better implementation of modularity, cheaper (in this scenario), better design, VR compatible, may have more internal storage

Time: performance - both fly, even the G5 on LG's UI, microSD support

The G5 is better than the G5 SE. It boils down to your preferences. Tesing them in out person makes sense.
    06-11-2017 10:59 AM
    Z is good. I just got one but G5 is slightly better for the reasons MIA pointed out.
    06-11-2017 11:04 AM
    Z is good. I just got one but G5 is slightly better for the reasons MIA pointed out.
    Moto apparently released a wireless charging module, or is about to release one.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    06-11-2017 11:20 AM
    If it is the Moto Z vs G5 SE, I'd go with the Z. If it's G5 proper vs Z, I'd get the G5.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    06-11-2017 11:23 AM
    LG seems to be doing these weird variants for the past two years with its G series flagships...SMH...
    Sport Driver likes this.
    06-11-2017 11:24 AM
    LG is SE so I will go with Motorola, proper G5 is about 500€ for some odd reason. So looks likeafter a year I will be back on Motorola.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2017 11:32 AM
    Moto apparently released a wireless charging module, or is about to release one.
    Mods are cool. In hand feel of G5 is better than the Z though.
    06-11-2017 11:34 AM
    Mods are cool. In hand feel of G5 is better than the Z though.
    By a country mile too.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    06-11-2017 11:40 AM
    I just hope I won't be disapointed compared to Nexus.
    06-11-2017 11:44 AM
    Put the Google Now launcher and you should be quite happy with the G5.
    Sport Driver and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-11-2017 11:46 AM
    Put the Google Now launcher and you should be quite happy with the G5.
    The G5 he can get is this one...

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g5_se-8056.php
    Sport Driver likes this.
    06-11-2017 11:49 AM
    What are your concerns?
    Sport Driver likes this.
    06-11-2017 11:49 AM
    Camera and SW, got used to prompt updates with Nexus. But even before it broke down its performance was terrible, it was about as slugish as Moto G2 I had, it was probably something wrong with it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2017 11:54 AM
    Camera and SW, got used to prompt updates with Nexus. But even before it broke down its performance was terrible, it was about as slugish as Moto G2 I had, it was probably something wrong with it.
    Only a Pixel and Blackberry will give you bleeding edge software updates. Moto is still on the slow as F pace you remembered with your G series phone. I think hardware wise, the Z is miles better. Plus I'm not sure what the story is with the G5 SE updates wise.

In daylight and good lighting, the Z is good. In low light, it's OK.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-2017 12:03 PM
145,721 ... 53775378537953805381 ...