That's a very humanistic view of things and far as I'm concerned a good one. :)

To be clear I'm not trying to debate religion. It's just seems to be at the heart of any issue regarding sex or gender. Any blocks when it comes to anything regarding sex education, gender, sexual health, etc, especially woman's health, it's always always religious.

I would guess what you're getting at but I'll leave it to you to say it. :) At least you have the support of your siblings and I assume others. As far as I'm concerned I accept people as they are. :)
    Thank you, I do try. I have learned a lot from different people who I would have never have otherwise. It's been interesting.

I totally agree, it really is always that way.

I am asexual. Never had the problem of fighting that kind of temptation because it doesn't happen for me and it has never happened for me. I'm into guys but only romantically. This makes dating interesting. Thank you, I'm glad to have their support and that's a great way to be imo.

I didn't know there was a word for people like me until a few years ago. Literally part of the 1% haha. I don't really think about it much but I'm cool with it.
    06-12-2017 11:31 AM
    I'm using the XL for the day as my daily driver. I'm happy to report the battery life is as trashy as I remember. Standby has slightly improved, so I should be excited for that...but I barely have any apps on this thing and after going to an appointment, I left with 95% and with in 3 hours I'm down to 65%.
    Wow, that battery life is nuts. That's a crazy drop. Remind us why you did this to yourself again?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-12-2017 11:34 AM
    Thank you, I do try. I have learned a lot from different people who I would have never have otherwise. It's been interesting.

I am asexual. Never had the problem of fighting that kind of temptation because it doesn't happen for me and it has never happened for me. I'm into guys but only romantically. This makes dating interesting. Thank you, I'm glad to have their support and that's a great way to be imo.

I didn't know there was a word for people like me until a few years ago. Literally part of the 1% haha. I don't really think about it much but I'm cool with it.
    I have to admit you're the first person I've 'met' virtually or otherwise that is asexual. I will admit to being curious as I have a curious mind and my curiosity is not malicious in any way.

I see it no different than the lack of desire I had to procreate. Neither my wife or I was that interested and I have to be honest, I'm not a child person... I don't find babies cute etc... Both my wife and I have held children and neither of us have had that parental feeling.

The key thing is being happy and accepting of who you are. :)
    06-12-2017 11:41 AM
    Wow, that battery life is nuts. That's a crazy drop.
    Yup. I have to use it old school and when underground keep it in airplane mode. It's a hassle though.

That Qualcomm S808 and S810 chip wrecked a ton of 2015 phones, including the 950 series. SMH.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-12-2017 11:42 AM

You go girl.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-12-2017 11:44 AM
    Trying to persuade young people to go against their natural instinct is difficult. It's one of the reasons why in the past young people got married off at a fairly early age.

Real sex education is important, now more than ever. Unfortunately, especially in the US, it's like banging your head against a steel clad wall. People think saying 'don't do it because god says it's bad' is a reason not to tell students the truth.

That's because a lot of religious people think sex is for only for one thing. Which if we were not highly evolved animals, would be true. However, that's simply not the case. Sex feels good as a way of encouraging us to have it. It's part of evolution.
    Having done that work with young people for a decade and seeing how there are some who when the urges take hold they will have sex brazenly and it not matter, you're right. Two stories:

1) A few middle schoolers having sex in the stairwell where you lay the book bags together and have someone in front as a shield.

2) A teacher walking into a high school pair having sex and when he tries to break it up, the male student says "Just hold up and let me finish". And the female student grips him closer to ensure he finishes before they get up and walk out unapologetically.

Real sex education is more than just sex...many people don't care about the mindset of the youth.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-12-2017 11:48 AM
    I have to admit you're the first person I've 'met' virtually or otherwise that is asexual. I will admit to being curious as I have a curious mind and my curiosity is not malicious in any way.

I see it no different than the lack of desire I had to procreate. Neither my wife or I was that interested and I have to be honest, I'm not a child person... I don't find babies cute etc... Both my wife and I have held children and neither of us have had that parental feeling.

The key thing is being happy and accepting of who you are. :)
    That's cool! Feel free to ask me any questions. I can't speak for all who are like me but I can speak from observations and personal experience.

That sounds awesome to me. It would be nice to have what you two have in that aspect someday. I literally just learned that my mom considers a marriage without kids to not be a true marriage...so that was the other thing I meant. Never wanted any and never will have them. Thankfully my brother and sister want to have kids and they will have them.

You're right. I felt broken for a long time but I'm good. Sometimes I wonder if my life would be easier if I was also not into anyone romantically, but that's just a thought. I would prefer to have more friends in my circle who are accepting but it's hard to guess reactions.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2017 11:49 AM
    Yup. I have to use it old school and when underground keep it in airplane mode. It's a hassle though.

That Qualcomm S808 and S810 chip wrecked a ton of 2015 phones, including the 950 series. SMH.
    Wow. Sounds like one. Wait, why did you do this today? Just curious.
    06-12-2017 11:52 AM
    You go girl.
    Aw thank you.
    N_LaRUE and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-12-2017 11:53 AM

Good for you. If and when you choose to bring the sex into things (there are asexual folks who never do), I do hope it is in a really enjoyable space with an enjoyable and fully connected person.

Well, it makes sense why you get the good jokes after the fact...but that's cool too.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-12-2017 11:54 AM
    Wow. Sounds like one. Wait, why did you do this today? Just curious.
    Just decided to go with it. No special reason.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-12-2017 11:57 AM
    Good for you. If and when you choose to bring the sex into things (there are asexual folks who never do), I do hope it is in a really enjoyable space with an enjoyable and fully connected person.

Well, it makes sense why you get the good jokes after the fact...but that's cool too.
    Aw thank you, that's such a kind wish. I have tried it to satisfy the other person but ideally, I personally am solid without, which again, makes dating challenging. It's not impossible but not common.

Yep, now you know LOL. And sometimes I still don't xd
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-12-2017 12:01 PM
    Seriously, thanks for your support guys. It is really appreciated, since it's hard to read or guess people sometimes.

Some people who I thought would be cool with it, weren't and felt sorry for me. That was annoying. When I told my sister originally, she was saying, "Maybe when you get older, you'll feel differently." It's been 5 years and she has changed her tune now.
    06-12-2017 12:07 PM
    Just decided to go with it. No special reason.
    Ooh okay, I see.
    06-12-2017 12:22 PM
    Dang, promos suck sometimes. Apparently if I leave the plan I'm on, the other people still have to pay the amount of the plan or go to another plan and pay more. Or I can port the new number I got from the tester to them and then port that number out, that's going to be super confusing.

Looks like I'll be paying 2 phone bills because there's no one to join the current plan. At least until we figure this out. Sigh.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2017 12:33 PM
    Seriously, thanks for your support guys. It is really appreciated, since it's hard to read or guess people sometimes.

Some people who I thought would be cool with it, weren't and felt sorry for me. That was annoying. When I told my sister originally, she was saying, "Maybe when you get older, you'll feel differently." It's been 5 years and she has changed her tune now.
    This is in some of the stuff I mentioned about sex last night too...because it doesn't conform to the "normal", it is dismissed. Truth be told, what you experienced from your sister is similar sentiment wise in a somewhat baseline manner to what LGBT experienced in coming out/people asking for an open relationship/people into BDSM/people dating between ages/people dating between ethnicities, etc. Obviously, in each of the situations I mentioned there are other unique components that factor in, but that sort of disbelief/dismssive "you'll get over it" sort of approach is a common and damaging thread.

I was fortunate to do the work I did where I had young people feeling safe enough to talk about things as performance anxiety to negotiating sex to being physically and emotionally connected to multiple partners to trying to get pregnant for someone who doesn't want a child to working in the sex trade and all sorts of other things.

Doesn't matter the age, but if you strip away the stigma and speak to people as people you get better outcomes.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-12-2017 12:40 PM
    This is in some of the stuff I mentioned about sex last night too...because it doesn't conform to the "normal", it is dismissed. Truth be told, what you experienced from your sister is similar sentiment wise in a somewhat baseline manner to what LGBT experienced in coming out/people asking for an open relationship/people into BDSM/people dating between ages/people dating between ethnicities, etc. Obviously, in each of the situations I mentioned there are other unique components that factor in, but that sort of disbelief/dismssive "you'll get over it" sort of approach is a common and damaging thread.

I was fortunate to do the work I did where I had young people feeling safe enough to talk about things as performance anxiety to negotiating sex to being physically and emotionally connected to multiple partners to trying to get pregnant for someone who doesn't want a child to working in the sex trade and all sorts of other things.

Doesn't matter the age, but if you strip away the stigma and speak to people as people you get better outcomes.
    Yep, you're very right about that. It is terrible and very dismissive. She used to kind of dodge it when I would tell her about someone I'm seeing but sometimes she even asks before I could mention it.

Wow, that's really awesome that you have been able to do that for young people. You have probably heard multiple things from them, but I'm sure that they seriously appreciate what you have done for them. More than I could even begin to imagine. I'm also sure that you have changed their lives.

Well said.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-12-2017 12:59 PM
    Aw thank you.
    That's just the daddy in me. Having a daughter changes a man's perspective forever.
    06-12-2017 01:24 PM
    I was cracking up this morning seeing someone with an iPhone 7 using the dongle for his wired (3.5mm jack based) Apple headphones.

#datdonglelifeboy
    06-12-2017 07:01 PM
    I was cracking up this morning seeing someone with an iPhone 7 using the dongle for his wired (3.5mm jack based) Apple headphones.

#datdonglelifeboy
    I had to restrain myself from cracking up when I saw a guy using Airpods in Starbucks last week. They looked so silly sticking out of his ears.
    06-12-2017 07:05 PM
    I had to restrain myself from cracking up when I saw a guy using Airpods in Starbucks last week. They looked so silly sticking out of his ears.
    I've seen a few people with them, especially those wearing hats. I don't mind them, but there are a ton of similar style Bluetooth headphones for under $60.
    06-12-2017 07:08 PM

#datdonglelifeboy
    Lol! I have never seen one in real life.

The dongle struggle is real.
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-12-2017 07:28 PM
    Lol! I have never seen one in real life.

The dongle struggle is real.
    #ChoicesBluetoothoriPhone6S
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-12-2017 07:42 PM
    I know
    I'm still kind of indecisive.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2017 07:58 PM
    I'm missing the small form factor in a phone. Every time I see a friend with a small iPhone, I wish that I could go back to it.

On the flip side, with the battery case, I'm charging every 3rd day. If this is what the Moto Z play is like, I get feeling hooked.

As I said, indecisive. It doesn't help that a carrier change makes the difference but me being the one to break it means still paying my part of that bill in addition.

True first world problem. Don't want to give up my number, it's awesome. It's silly to do that but I think I just might consider. I'm going to do the math and attempt to figure this out in a way that makes sense.
    Last edited by libra89; 06-12-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-12-2017 09:20 PM
145,248 ... 53815382538353845385 ...