Ugh Spotify is annoying on Windows phone sometimes. I didn't get the frustration that others did until today. Restarting the phone seemed to do the trick, though (but why does it always seem to be haha).

I figured that maybe I could try Groove...until I searched the catalog again and there's still holes. Holes that I will not be okay with paying for. So many people around here talk about Groove being awesome and why should people be subscribed to Spotify. This is why not for me.

It was fun to use a Windows phone at work today though. Maybe fun isn't the right word, refreshing is.
    06-15-2017 08:05 PM
    Ugh Spotify is annoying on Windows phone sometimes. I didn't get the frustration that others did until today. Restarting the phone seemed to do the trick, though (but why does it always seem to be haha).

I figured that maybe I could try Groove...until I searched the catalog again and there's still holes. Holes that I will not be okay with paying for. So many people around here talk about Groove being awesome and why should people be subscribed to Spotify. This is why not for me.

It was fun to use a Windows phone at work today though. Maybe fun isn't the right word, refreshing is.
    I need my little sista to explain to me what Spotify is and what it's for? I've heard of it but that's it.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-15-2017 09:19 PM
    I need my little sista to explain to me what Spotify is and what it's for? I've heard of it but that's it.
    It's a music streaming service. There's two levels to it, free and premium. Free in this case has suggested songs (that's a mobile only thing) and ads, of course. The cool thing about it is that you can use it on any form of media that has an app or add on for it. You can use it on your PC, Mac, Roku, Xbox, and obviously on iOS, Android and Windows Phone/Mobile. You can also save playlists offline too, which is great.

It has a lot of music in its database and on a computer and/or your phone, I believe that you can add your previously purchased music to it as well.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-15-2017 09:27 PM
    It's a music streaming service. There's two levels to it, free and premium. Free in this case has suggested songs (that's a mobile only thing) and ads, of course. The cool thing about it is that you can use it on any form of media that has an app or add on for it. You can use it on your PC, Mac, Roku, Xbox, and obviously on iOS, Android and Windows Phone/Mobile. You can also save playlists offline too, which is great.

It has a lot of music in its database and on a computer and/or your phone, I believe that you can add your previously purchased music to it as well.
    The paid version allows you to download music for offline, have unlimited skips and higher quality music.

There's also two types of paid versions. A single and a family. With the family you pay a touch more and up to six people can use full Spotify with their own accounts.

You can also share playlists and follow people/artists playlists.

You also get daily mixes which you can use to find new music.

But that's me being pedantic...
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-16-2017 at 01:42 AM.
    06-15-2017 11:18 PM
    Bloody hell... just got the confirmation letter from UK immigration telling me that my application has been received and is being considered. That took almost a month.

Now it's another possible 6 months or more... I could be living in France by then. :P
    06-16-2017 06:22 AM
    Bloody hell... just got the confirmation letter from UK immigration telling me that my application has been received and is being considered. That took almost a month.

Now it's another possible 6 months or more... I could be living in France by then. :P
    Wow that took a while.

OMG you could be!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2017 06:25 AM
    Wow that took a while.

OMG you could be!
    It's their 'standard' form letter to everyone. When I applied for my other visas in the UK it was a similar statement.

Thing is, this is the longest I ever waited for a letter from them. So that's a bit worrying.

The next part is sending my biometrics in. I need to wait for them to send me a letter to get them. I can only assume that will probably show up in the next couple weeks as it's part of the standard practice.
    06-16-2017 07:02 AM
    It's their 'standard' form letter to everyone. When I applied for my other visas in the UK it was a similar statement.

Thing is, this is the longest I ever waited for a letter from them. So that's a bit worrying.

The next part is sending my biometrics in. I need to wait for them to send me a letter to get them. I can only assume that will probably show up in the next couple weeks as it's part of the standard practice.
    Ohh okay. That's weird that it took so long. I hope that you'll get that letter soon though.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2017 08:38 AM

At least they got back to you and didn't pull a Trump and say that they did send it when they didn't.
    06-16-2017 08:49 AM
    I'll be getting Samsung Galaxy A3 for a review. Expect a first ever mini review from me.
    06-16-2017 09:25 AM
    I'll be getting Samsung Galaxy A3 for a review. Expect a first ever mini review from me.
    Sweet, please do! I wanted to get that phone for myself, but only one version works in the US and I can't find it anymore.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    06-16-2017 09:28 AM
    Tell me why in one of my GroupMe chats, one of my friends used the guy version of the hand raise emoji using his iPhone, in the chat and another friend who is also a guy thought it was a female emoji (but he has a Pixel).

I see the emoji on my Lumia as male, same goes on my iPhone. I'm amused by that.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-16-2017 09:45 AM
    Are you keeping it or sending it back after the review?
    Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    06-16-2017 10:07 AM
    Sweet, please do! I wanted to get that phone for myself, but only one version works in the US and I can't find it anymore.
    I just knew your knickers would get hot and bothered the moment he posted that...
    libra89 and Rose640 like this.
    06-16-2017 10:08 AM
    I just knew your knickers would get hot and bothered the moment he posted that...
    LOL, you know me well. It seems like it would be a nice phone to try out.

The one vendor who was selling it has it out of stock :(
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-16-2017 10:10 AM
    LOL, you know me well. It seems like it would be a nice phone to try out.

The one vendor who was selling it has it out of stock :(
    Nice price on the SE. If I had the money and was still a true enthusiast, it was either a SE or a 7 as a secondary device...
    libra89 likes this.
    06-16-2017 10:55 AM
    Nice price on the SE. If I had the money and was still a true enthusiast, it was either a SE or a 7 as a secondary device...
    Thank you! I hope the right buyer bites. Yeah either of those choices are solid ones.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-16-2017 11:06 AM
    Damn, I haven't been on here in ages. Site hasn't changed much haha
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2017 12:36 PM
    Damn, I haven't been on here in ages. Site hasn't changed much haha
    Whoa, look who's back! Where are you going to college now?
    06-16-2017 12:42 PM
    Awful day, I failed exam, phone still isn't here. But at least we got a new TV and I'm messing with friends.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-16-2017 01:14 PM
    Awful day, I failed exam, phone still isn't here. But at least we got a new TV and I'm messing with friends.
    Oh no I'm sorry. I hope your friends can help you find some light in today (and the TV can help out with that too).
    06-16-2017 01:18 PM
    Nice! I am looking forward to your review.
    libra89, Rose640 and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-16-2017 02:27 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that. 😞 I hope you'll be able to enjoy some shows with your friend.
    06-16-2017 02:30 PM
    I definitely do it. I'm looking forward to this phone, it'll be nice to take some rest from this Chinese I have right now
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-16-2017 02:30 PM
    Sucks to hear you had a rough day, man.
    06-16-2017 02:31 PM
144,469 ... 53885389539053915392 ...