I know you don't and I referred to that earlier. Truth be told I don't think Sony cameras are bad...they're just not for point and shoot folks. I did enjoy the Z3's camera but it left me wanting for a bit more sometimes.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 06:19 AM
    That is just twisted, sadly not surprising in the US though...

I like how they state that the police don't know what provoked the attack... hmmm....
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-19-2017 06:50 AM
    I know you don't and I referred to that earlier. Truth be told I don't think Sony cameras are bad...they're just not for point and shoot folks. I did enjoy the Z3's camera but it left me wanting for a bit more sometimes.
    Not to forgive Sony in any way, but I do believe people have usually high expectations on a point and shoot camera which is still technically the 'secondary' use of the smartphone. The first being communication (social media, texts, etc...)

I think Sony can and should do better but I'm starting to believe it's coming down to preference now. That latest phones from Sony are a lot better than the Z3 from the camera point of view. Some people don't like the processing that Sony does. Which is fine. But then there's manual mode which opens up lots of possibilities.

Personally I'd like to see Canon do a smartphone camera. I'm not sure why they haven't yet. Must be waiting for the right tech or just not interested...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2017 06:56 AM
    Not to forgive Sony in any way, but I do believe people have usually high expectations on a point and shoot camera which is still technically the 'secondary' use of the smartphone. The first being communication (social media, texts, etc...)

I think Sony can and should do better but I'm starting to believe it's coming down to preference now. That latest phones from Sony are a lot better than the Z3 from the camera point of view. Some people don't like the processing that Sony does. Which is fine. But then there's manual mode which opens up lots of possibilities.

Personally I'd like to see Canon do a smartphone camera. I'm not sure why they haven't yet. Must be waiting for the right tech or just not interested...
    On the point about Canon, do you mean on the hardware side or like how Kodak did with their phone that is a camera (I think it's called the Elektra)?
    06-19-2017 07:26 AM
    Had a feeling something like this would happen sooner or later. It's very sad.

Finsbury Park: Several hurt as van hits worshippers near mosque - BBC News

Both are terrible. So so terrible. :/
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-19-2017 07:29 AM

I agree to some extent that it's all about personal preference at this point as to what the end user wants to use the camera to do.

But, I will say that I personally prefer versatility. There are some days that I don't have the time to get all sexy and deep into setting up the shot where I want to rely on auto mode. There are days when you want to dive face first into the settings and dial up exposure, etc.

I like that the Pixel camera is good for those auto days, but I'm not a fan of the lack of sufficient manual controls. I like the fact that Sony has good manual controls, but during my Z3 days auto mode was a bit or miss.

On the Mi Note 2, auto mode is OK. You're still better off going into manual mode though. As far as camera goes, I like what LG is doing. Xiaomi is OK, especially for the price point. Samsung is good but oversaturates for my taste. I'm impressed at HTC this year as I like those natural, slightly muted colors.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 07:40 AM
    On the point about Canon, do you mean on the hardware side or like how Kodak did with their phone that is a camera (I think it's called the Elektra)?
    Hardware and processing. I don't think Canon would make a good smartphone though I believe a lot of their newer cameras have 'apps' now.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 07:51 AM
    I agree to some extent that it's all about personal preference at this point as to what the end user wants to use the camera to do.

But, I will say that I personally prefer versatility. There are some days that I don't have the time to get all sexy and deep into setting up the shot where I want to rely on auto mode. There are days when you want to dive face first into the settings and dial up exposure, etc.

I like that the Pixel camera is good for those auto days, but I'm not a fan of the lack of sufficient manual controls. I like the fact that Sony has good manual controls, but during my Z3 days auto mode was a bit or miss.

On the Mi Note 2, auto mode is OK. You're still better off going into manual mode though. As far as camera goes, I like what LG is doing. Xiaomi is OK, especially for the price point. Samsung is good but oversaturates for my taste. I'm impressed at HTC this year as I like those natural, slightly muted colors.
    Yeah HTC's picture quality is looking really nice to me as well. I loved the Pixel for that camera. Solid time that was but I'm pixel jinxed so I'll rather not try that again.

Pixel > iPhone 7
    06-19-2017 07:58 AM

As I haven't used any other phone cameras (other than Lumia/Nokia) I can't really comment.

I agree that Sony sometimes needs that 'second' to auto-focus sometimes otherwise the shot could be crap. The other big complaint, though this goes to that 'personal preference' side of things, is the lack of HDR in auto mode. It has it in manual mode but I guess people are obsessed? Maybe Sony will release an update... then again...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-19-2017 08:04 AM
    Meh we decided that if we are buying we could future proof a bit.

Also, where are you going to study?
    University of Sarajevo, Electrical Engineering faculty. I'll probably pick Computer science department.
    06-19-2017 09:13 AM
    I don't know, he just turned 32. I think he meant that time is passing by. I have heard him say before that he has everything you are "supposed" to have, he just needs the right girl.

Edit: An entry in your blog has me thinking about things related to this, so here we are lol
    32 is not that bad really. At least in my opinion.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:16 AM
    Tinder and social dating apps exists. Pursuing hobbies is a way to meet people. Clubbing and bars and concerts can work in the summer time.

I'm sorry if I'm not being as understanding, I just had an initial gut reaction when I saw this. There's a lot of people who are feeling that "pressure" (had a coworker who was feeling those things last year and she's 27; had a former supervisor who felt that pressure around his age and got married and had triplets; had a colleague at the internship​ who's in her mid 20s starting to feel those pulls).

It's better to figure that stuff out smartly...I can site too many people who got married for those reasons and divorced with kids because the idea wasn't as good as the execution.
    People tend to fall in those crisis without a sane reason. It's mostly pressure from parents and relatives when it comes to 'older' (30ish) people. But what amazes me is young people getting married without even experiencing life.

I'm 19 and few girls from my scholl, the same generation, are getting married this summer. I mean, what the hell? Why? And, I'm not being an ******* here, but at least one of three of those girls is doing it because of $$.

Don't get me wrong. We had countless cases here where guys marry girls from abroad. That is Bosnian girls who live i EU, again, guess the reason.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-19-2017 09:22 AM
    So Moto Z should be here tomorrow so my Lumia 820 will be going back to sleep. It genuinely still is a good phone, it works well enough mostly. And I love wordflow keyboard.
    Guys from the site I write for got Z and Z Play. So far they have nothing but best words to desribe it. One of them got 11 and half hours of SoT in Z Play.
    06-19-2017 09:24 AM
    32 is not that bad really. At least in my opinion.
    Yeah, it's not. I would date a 32 year old guy (not this friend though) but it makes sense since I'm 27. I wasn't sure what he meant though by his statement.

In an interesting twist of things, my friend's brother, who has also become a friend of mine, is 20 and recently proposed to his girlfriend. I'm excited for him but I can't imagine getting proposed to at that age.

This friend and another friend (a girl) said that I probably would have talked myself out of accepting an engagement.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:25 AM
    That's so true (on all points).

It's fine. Wow yeah that sounds challenging but I can get it. I do admit that sometimes I wonder if I should put more effort in trying the dating thing but those thoughts are more so because my sister is getting married and I believe that people will bug me next. Maybe my brother over me (he's the only son) but who knows really.

I agree with you on that point though. It's interesting that you mention that last point. A girl friend who is the same age as me had a conversation about this with me, and previous male friend. He was talking about the dating struggle. For her, she was saying that she feels like she doesn't have the right reasons to date a guy so she would rather not. It's more like she would like the guy to bring her food if she is hungry and doesn't feel like getting it. For me, I feel the need to know and be sure of my values first.
    I haven't dated in... a while. Let's just say for too long mabye, but I couldn't care less. Got a whole life in front of me. My parents can be annoying sometimes about it, even at this age, so I'm defininitely getting you.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-19-2017 09:28 AM
    People tend to fall in those crisis without a sane reason. It's mostly pressure from parents and relatives when it comes to 'older' (30ish) people. But what amazes me is young people getting married without even experiencing life.

I'm 19 and few girls from my scholl, the same generation, are getting married this summer. I mean, what the hell? Why? And, I'm not being an ******* here, but at least one of three of those girls is doing it because of $$.

Don't get me wrong. We had countless cases here where guys marry girls from abroad. That is Bosnian girls who live i EU, again, guess the reason.
    It sounds like we feel the same about this LOL. I can't imagine getting married before doing anything massive for myself yet. I'm pretty sure that if that happened to me, I would either talk myself out of it or I probably would have been divorced by now, because of things I have learned about myself in the years after.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:28 AM
    Oh girl, you'll know when it's the right one. I thought I had to "work" at dating after my first marriage. I mean, I did all the right things at the right time - so I thought. We dated for a while, moved in together and finally got married after 3 years of cohabitation. Never made it to a third anniversary. Met my present wife and proposed after 3-1/2 weeks. Yes, weeks. Everybody thought I was nuts, oh you're just rebounding, etc. We're celebrating 22 years in August and I can't bear the thought of one day without her.

Follow your heart. Don't let that stupid brain get in the way.
    My parents dated less than 3 months, it took me longer to complete a video games than that. But as you said, it's the perfect match.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-19-2017 09:30 AM
    I think I'll stay out of the relationship talk.
    MSFTisMIA and Rose640 like this.
    06-19-2017 09:30 AM
    After living under a rock for 2 years, I'm back. I dont know if anyone remembers me, I was here back in 2015. Hope, you all are having an amazing day! :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:32 AM
    After living under a rock for 2 years, I'm back. I dont know if anyone remembers me, I was here back in 2015. Hope, you all are having an amazing day! :)
    Sup! Haven't seen you in years...what's new?
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-19-2017 09:33 AM
    I haven't dated in... a while. Let's just say for too long mabye, but I couldn't care less. Got a whole life in front of me. My parents can be annoying sometimes about it, even at this age, so I'm defininitely getting you.
    I figured that you could relate to me. I don't blame you.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:33 AM
    I think I'll stay out of the relationship talk.
    I'll pray that you jump into the relationship talk.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:34 AM
    How's Kolkata Mohamed?
    We do remember you. Still have the Lumia 820?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    Yes I remember you. What rock have you crawled from under? :P

I'm at work, day can only be so great. Weather is nice... I suppose if you like having no A/C and sweating... (that's home not work)
    I'll pray that you jump into the relationship talk.
    Haha.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:35 AM
144,470 ... 53935394539553965397 ...