Sup! Haven't seen you in years...what's new?
    My college life is done and I have been searching for a job. Let's just say, I have been really busy...
    Wazzup on your side of the world?
    06-19-2017 09:35 AM
    Things I like:

OnePlus: Nothing. I enjoyed the OnePlus One. They shat all over OnePlus Two and OnePlus X users with software updates. Have no respect for them and wouldn't buy another device from them. Lots of 3/3T people are watching them VERY closely for software support over the next 12-24 months.

HTC: their designs and audio game. HTC is one of my favorite old 4 bands (along with Nokia, Moto and Sony; RIM gets an honorary mention here). HTC was my first smartphone so I always want them to do well and stop getting in their own way. Shout to the folks who know about HTC Manila.

Samsung: Nothing. Been there, done that. Only modern Samsung I came close to buying was a Note 5. I like their hardware a TON but I'd pick EMUI over TouchWiz/Grace UX/Samsung Experience all day. Much respect to the Galaxy S2 - the phone that let people know they were serious about Android.

LG: dual cams and audio. I like that thickness of the G6 (*cough* Libra *cough*). Dislike the bootloops. Would I buy a V20 over the Mi Note 2 as a do-over? It would have been the last carrier branded phone I'd buy when it was on sale for $320 including tax.

Nokia: dunno. They are like BB now so we will see. When I want Nokia as I remember, I yearn for a N-series (shout-out to those who used these) or a Lumia 925.

Huawei: hardware. I still say MIUI>EMUI>Samsung for my taste software wise.

BB: like the looks of the KeyOne. Battery and design is in my wheelhouse, along with the keyboard. I'm one of those who doesn't use Swype, so going back to a physical keyboard would be a shorter learning curve.

Moto: stock-ish software and design. But Moto hasn't made a top tier camera since before the X line. And they've shat over some phone owners (my former Moto Maxx/Droid Turbo people understand). I like the Z because it's different and I can get a Qi back. Otherwise, I'm watching them closely too.

Xiaomi: good value for money. They need to get their head out of their butts and into Eruope seriously in the next two years. MIUI is a heavy *** skin though. Need to see what they do with that over the next two years.

Apple: nothing. Been there, done that. Only phones they've made since I sold my iPhone 4 (their best design ever with the OG iPhone the second best) I'd consider are the SE and the iPhone 7. Don't need the app fatigue - that's why I left. 10(!) years to get a file manager? iTunes still as prevalent as ever? C'MON man!

MSFT? Check my screen name out to see what they're doing in the phone market.

Does this work for you?
    What about Z Play? As I said, colleague got 11.5h SoT and swears the video stabilisation is better than one in S8. I'll post a video once I get my handa on PC later. Besides that, it's absolutely gorgeous.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:36 AM
    How's Kolkata Mohamed?
    We do remember you. Still have the Lumia 820?
    I had the 925. Its still here, but I rarely use it.
    06-19-2017 09:38 AM
    My college life is done and I have been searching for a job. Let's just say, I have been really busy...
    Wazzup on your side of the world?
    What did you major in again?
    06-19-2017 09:39 AM
    What did you major in again?
    Mechanical engg.
    06-19-2017 09:40 AM
    Mechanical engg.
    With the infinte number of mechanical engineers in the world, It was (really) hard to find a job.
    06-19-2017 09:43 AM
    Mechanical engg.
    Where do you normally live? Or do you have plans to travel for work?
    06-19-2017 09:43 AM
    With the infinte number of mechanical engineers in the world, It was (really) hard to find a job.
    I could say the same thing, yet I have a job...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:44 AM
    Had a feeling something like this would happen sooner or later. It's very sad.

Finsbury Park: Several hurt as van hits worshippers near mosque - BBC News
    Nothing unexpected. Now, because of a small group of people that completely missunderstand the values and principles of islam, this happens. Innocent people get hurt, once again.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:45 AM
    Where do you normally live? Or do you have plans to travel for work?
    Im from Kerala (south India) and now I work in the north/ central India. I'm in a trainee (internship?) Sort of thing, so I can't take any leave from work for 6 months or so. Kinda sucks, as I really miss being home....
    06-19-2017 09:46 AM
    That's very sad indeed. This isn't any better:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3258677
    I'm afraid more of these is yet to come, mostly thanks to Trump's rhetorics.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:47 AM
    I could say the same thing, yet I have a job...
    What profession are you in?
    06-19-2017 09:47 AM
    Nothing unexpected. Now, because of a small group of people that completely missunderstand the values and principles of islam, this happens. Innocent people get hurt, once again.
    This was a white supremacist, or someone 'seeking revenge' who did this, well going by what little we know.

You know my thoughts on all religion... to put it bluntly the sooner it goes the better the world.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:48 AM
    What profession are you in?
    I'm an electrical engineer. I have more experience than you but reality is anyone can be unemployed. :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:49 AM
    Im from Kerala (south India) and now I work in the north/ central India. I'm in a trainee (internship?) Sort of thing, so I can't take any leave from work for 6 months or so. Kinda sucks, as I really miss being home....
    Most engineering I know is in New Delhi, well the stuff I do anyway. Be happy you're working.

If you're getting paid you're considered a trainee or graduate engineer.
    06-19-2017 09:50 AM
    Yeah, it's not. I would date a 32 year old guy (not this friend though) but it makes sense since I'm 27. I wasn't sure what he meant though by his statement.

In an interesting twist of things, my friend's brother, who has also become a friend of mine, is 20 and recently proposed to his girlfriend. I'm excited for him but I can't imagine getting proposed to at that age.

This friend and another friend (a girl) said that I probably would have talked myself out of accepting an engagement.
    That's just way too soon for me. You're practically still a kid in your 20s, at least partially. You've just left the highschool for god's sake.

The main qustion I ask my self when I see stories like this is: what do they know about life in two? Or in three, four... six, as the time passes by. Very few I'd say.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:51 AM
    I'm an electrical engineer. I have more experience than you but reality is anyone can be unemployed. :P
    Experience makes a whole lot of difference. Everywhere I tried, they needed experience of several years.
    I find it funny that, you need experience for a job and a job for experience. Lol
    06-19-2017 09:53 AM
    It sounds like we feel the same about this LOL. I can't imagine getting married before doing anything massive for myself yet. I'm pretty sure that if that happened to me, I would either talk myself out of it or I probably would have been divorced by now, because of things I have learned about myself in the years after.
    Well that's the thing. They don't know themselves good enough, not to mention their partners. Then what's to expect from such relationship. Not much in many cases.

I wish them all luck, but I doubt they'll find it.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:55 AM
    Experience makes a whole lot of difference. Everywhere I tried, they needed experience of several years.
    I find it funny that, you need experience for a job and a job for experience. Lol
    Such is the catch 22 of being a graduate. I've been there you know. Many years ago but little has changed.

Here in the UK and in many places in the 'west' have cut down on their training positions. Or the graduates leave when they realise this type of engineering is not for them.
    06-19-2017 09:55 AM
    I think I'll stay out of the relationship talk.
    Because your wife had to 'hit you over your head' to notice what's going around? :D
    06-19-2017 09:56 AM
    Be happy you're working.
    👍
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-19-2017 09:56 AM
    This was a white supremacist, or someone 'seeking revenge' who did this, well going by what little we know.

You know my thoughts on all religion... to put it bluntly the sooner it goes the better the world.
    Funny thing how all these barbarians are 'seeking revenges'.
    06-19-2017 09:59 AM
    Because your wife had to 'hit you over your head' to notice what's going around? :D
    At the time I met my wife my life was going through some serious turmoil so I probably needed a hit on the head.
    06-19-2017 10:00 AM
    Funny thing how all these barbarians are 'seeking revenges'.
    Tit for tat.

It's the longest running mentality going, probably many millennia.
    Rose640 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-19-2017 10:00 AM
    Quoting other posts took way longer than I expected it to be.
    06-19-2017 10:01 AM
144,455 ... 53945395539653975398 ...