• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Prime Day 2018
    The hits keep coming:

Repair man: "So what phone are you using these days? Windows phone?"

(He knows I used to rep it a lot. His wife always scoffed at it and became an iOS user years ago.)

Then he starts ribbing me by calling me by my given name (he knew me by one of my nicknames) as seeing my ID.

Funny guy - very intelligent, he, his wife and the repair tech (I think that's his brother). Very versed in mobile tech too.

He's rocking a OnePlus 3 (no surprise) and an iPhone 6S.

Walking into the store brings back lots of project repair and recovery memories...
    Sounds like you two are really cool with one another and/or you're just super friendly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2017 02:05 PM
    The embargo has lifted and everyone has shat out their OnePlus 5 reviews...
    libra89, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-20-2017 02:05 PM
    Sounds like you two are really cool with one another and/or you're just super friendly.
    At the core, it's two enthusiasts at heart who can talk tech with each other.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-20-2017 02:29 PM
    Gotta like Just Bagnell...he talked about questioning OnePlus' software support for future devices by referring to the OnePlus 2 fiasco.

Good.
    06-20-2017 02:31 PM
    At the core, it's two enthusiasts at heart who can talk tech with each other.
    True, that sounds like an interesting conversation to have.
    06-20-2017 02:56 PM
    I'm indifferent about what I've seen so far. Don't think I saw anything that would make me buy it, honestly. I'd still take a G6 over it. Price wise, value is solid. Good for the enthusiasts and the people OnePlus targets, but not for me.
    06-20-2017 03:10 PM
    I'm indifferent about what I've seen so far. Don't think I saw anything that would make me buy it, honestly. I'd still take a G6 over it. Price wise, value is solid. Good for the enthusiasts and the people OnePlus targets, but not for me.
    I agree. I am more inclined to take the new G6 Plus in Blue over this device. I have enough background with the G6 camera to say this.
    06-20-2017 03:19 PM
    Watching this guy (on YouTube) talk about how to circumvent updates by Apple is interesting. It's a little too extreme for me.

Edit: Basically, you can go into the router and block updates from downloading on your phone or you can just take 4k video, enough to not allow for space for the update to download again after deleting it, and then just delete when needed for space and do it again.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2017 03:24 PM
    I agree. I am more inclined to take the new G6 Plus in Blue over this device. I have enough background with the G6 camera to say this.
    The G6+ sounds nice. I agree with both of you on preferring the G6.
    06-20-2017 03:35 PM
    Gotta like Just Bagnell...he talked about questioning OnePlus' software support for future devices by referring to the OnePlus 2 fiasco.

Good.
    After watching his video and reading your comment, I had to find out when the OnePlus 2 was released. I was surprised to see that it isn't *that* old to get the treatment that it got.
    06-20-2017 03:41 PM
    The only one I'm going to watch is Fisher's.
    06-20-2017 03:44 PM
    Ibid. I think OnePlus is slowly prepping their fanbase for when they start to charge big boy OEM money in a few years.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2017 03:46 PM
    He likes it but he dinged the U11 for no apparent reason.
    06-20-2017 03:47 PM
    Wasn't a fan of his U11 review, honestly. That's the one I wasn't feeling. Otherwise, his work is solid.
    06-20-2017 03:48 PM
    And the moral of the story - when a woman says no, she means no.
    They are actually kind of good. Not very spicy/hot.
    06-20-2017 04:01 PM
    I'm sure they were fine...but she seemed unimpressed from the outset and nothing happened to change her mind.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2017 04:02 PM
    After watching his video and reading your comment, I had to find out when the OnePlus 2 was released. I was surprised to see that it isn't *that* old to get the treatment that it got.
    There's a lot of backstory behind this, but my point is that if Sony(!) was able to update the Z3+ to 7.0, OnePlus has no excuse.
    06-20-2017 04:04 PM
    Debit cards lack the protection offered by credit cards or PayPal here in the US.
    I know. Canada and Australia were both like that. I didn't know a Visa debit existed until wife's family came to visit us in 2008. They've had them for years here. It was it on 2007 when we got married in Finland... Anyway...

Australia just changed recently I'm not entirely sure about all of Canada but I believe my mum's got a Visa or MasterCard debit now as well.

I think they're great personally. Not as perfect as a credit card or PayPal but good enough.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-20-2017 04:29 PM
    They don't make chips all that hot I think for legal reasons.

Doritos had this mix bag over here where there were some hot spicy ones in it. They called them Roulettes. They weren't that hot and spicy but still got complaints.

Then again, it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to hot and spicy.
    06-20-2017 04:33 PM
    well found the KEYone at a store today. none actually in stock but one on display. Nice looking device. Seems a touch slower than the S8 but nothing major.
    06-20-2017 04:41 PM
    well found the KEYone at a store today. none actually in stock but one on display. Nice looking device. Seems a touch slower than the S8 but nothing major.
    Oh, I forgot!

Went looking for the Key One and didn't see it. Saw the U11 and in typical Sprint fashion, you cannot hold the phone in your hand. What I was able to touch I really liked. It reminds me of the 10 last year...I like what I see.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-20-2017 at 05:01 PM.
    06-20-2017 04:45 PM
    My favorite spicy chips of all time - Poore Brothers Habanero. Not available in California near my place in a 50 mile radius. Probably ate a bag every week when I was in Arizona. For a slightly less kick I would eat their Jalapeno chips.

Habanero « Inventure Foods

Jalapeno « Inventure Foods
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and sinime like this.
    06-20-2017 05:00 PM
    Oh, I forgot!

Went looking for the Key One and didn't see it. Saw the U11 and in typical Sprint fashion, you cannot hold the phone in your hand. What I was able to touch I really liked. It reminds me of the 10 last year...I like what I see.
    Yeah I couldn't hold this one in hand either which was one thing I really wanted to do as well. That was one of the main things I was curious about. Think I'm leaning towards the S8 but going to do more research tonight. Who knows maybe I'll change my mind and get the g6 or the iPhone 7 plus haha
    06-20-2017 05:22 PM
    Yeah I couldn't hold this one in hand either which was one thing I really wanted to do as well. That was one of the main things I was curious about. Think I'm leaning towards the S8 but going to do more research tonight. Who knows maybe I'll change my mind and get the g6 or the iPhone 7 plus haha
    How are you planning to use the phone?
    libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2017 05:24 PM
    I want a great camera, good battery life or minimum fast charge. Will use for both work and play so productivity is always big on my mind as I hammer through a lot of emails and things.
    06-20-2017 05:26 PM
143,569 ... 54005401540254035404 ...