So why the SE? Just the size?
    The size and battery life, and I still find it fascinating. The 7 was not as interesting to me and without the battery case, the battery life was just okay.

With the 7, data speeds were faster (obviously) but I still had stuttering at work and cannot connect to app store messages at that too (never mind the random dead zones I came across at work and other places I go to somewhat often), regardless of the tech in my phone. I had another SE to test the other network (which I unlocked and sold that too) and I had better connectivity along with no stuttering even though the radios are older.

I realized that in this case, it's not the phone, it's the network. I basically only got the 7 to get around the network issues and I figure why not just use the phone I want to use (which has better battery life at that), just on a better network? So I did it.
    06-24-2017 10:30 AM
    The size and battery life, and I still find it fascinating. The 7 was not as interesting to me and without the battery case, the battery life was just okay.

With the 7, data speeds were faster (obviously) but I still had stuttering at work and cannot connect to app store messages at that too (never mind the random dead zones I came across at work and other places I go to somewhat often), regardless of the tech in my phone. I had another SE to test the other network (which I unlocked and sold that too) and I had better connectivity along with no stuttering even though the radios are older.

I realized that in this case, it's not the phone, it's the network. I basically only got the 7 to get around the network issues and I figure why not just use the phone I want to use (which has better battery life at that), just on a better network? So I did it.
    That's great. It's nice to find something that works.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-24-2017 10:38 AM
    That's great. It's nice to find something that works.
    Thanks!

Additionally, I have tried a lot of phones and this is the only one I keep coming back to. I have a friend with an SE (twinning because we both got ours at launch last year) and another with either a 5 or 5S (her bigger iPhone 6 was stolen so she went back to that) and every time I see them use their phones, I missed it hard and lusted for it.

The compromises with it are worth it for me. In fact, it is the only phone that I have never considered selling. I thought of the idea with the Pixel but nah. Everything else I have touched/owned has been sold or I currently am doing that.
    06-24-2017 10:51 AM
    That's interesting. Very cool to see what works for each person. I've often considered picking up an SE just to give it a test drive as a second device due to the size but haven't done it yet. maybe one of these days.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-24-2017 11:00 AM
    Been looking at the AM3/AM3+ platform as a cheap gaming PC replacement for the time being. Even an FX8350 would be a substantial upgrade over my i7920, and would come in about 40-50 bucks cheaper than a Ryzen 1600(AM4) motherboard/CPU and RAM combo...

Ugh.. I just need to cough up the extra money and go for the latest I reckon. Damn it sucks pinching pennies!!
    Laura Knotek, Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    06-24-2017 11:29 AM
    With the PC down, I have been spending a lot of time on the 7 Plus! I've gone naked btw... something about this sleek Jet Black finish is just so sexy... albeit slippery as hell!
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    06-24-2017 11:31 AM
    AMD = the poor man's PC lol
    06-24-2017 11:31 AM
    ThreadRipper is looking promising though!
    06-24-2017 11:32 AM
    Speaking of threads, I wonder if this thread will reach 150k by the end if the year.
    Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    06-24-2017 11:33 AM
    PCPartsPicker FTW!
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    That's all I've got for now! ;)
    MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    That's interesting. Very cool to see what works for each person. I've often considered picking up an SE just to give it a test drive as a second device due to the size but haven't done it yet. maybe one of these days.
    I agree with you about that. Everyone has different reasons why a phone may or may not work for them. After going through so many, I have learned that size and battery life are primarily most important for me and a solid camera is secondary.

Like this G5 Plus is really good, but can't get past the size of it. I would recommend trying out the SE for sure but I'm curious how that S8 is working out for you so far.
    06-24-2017 11:38 AM
    This Mi Note 2's camera...in great light...
    06-24-2017 11:45 AM
    The iPhone SE is solid. It'd be my first choice to get some ifruit for some S&G...
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    06-24-2017 11:54 AM
    This Mi Note 2's camera...in great light...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...90e0c61d77.jpg
    Nice shot! 😊
    fatclue_98, libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-24-2017 11:54 AM
    This Mi Note 2's camera...in great light...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...90e0c61d77.jpg
    Nice shot of Gotham in the summertime.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
    06-24-2017 12:20 PM
    Been looking at the AM3/AM3+ platform as a cheap gaming PC replacement for the time being. Even an FX8350 would be a substantial upgrade over my i7920, and would come in about 40-50 bucks cheaper than a Ryzen 1600(AM4) motherboard/CPU and RAM combo...

Ugh.. I just need to cough up the extra money and go for the latest I reckon. Damn it sucks pinching pennies!!
    It's always cheaper to buy more expensive parts. Get a 6th or 7th gen i7, 1080 (if you got enough cash consider the Ti) and crazy amount of RAM, I'd say 16 gigs but I'm a bit afraid to spill it out. Then a nice 1TB HDD and a much smaller SSD to load a system on and that's it.

I was a bit crazy about the RAM since the games that are coming out each year less and less optimised, while becoming more and more demanding.

As far as storage goes, never enough of it. And since I know you're a hardcore gamer, you'll definitely need it. Heck this just-released game (can't remember which one, spent 10 minutes trying to figure out) takes 120 GB of storage. That's insane.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-24-2017 12:49 PM
    Speaking of threads, I wonder if this thread will reach 150k by the end if the year.
    If we spam like we did the other day, then I'm sure it will.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-24-2017 12:50 PM
    I remember games, good games, taking less than 700MB of storage. You could fit them on just one CD-R and have a whole bunch of on your PC. Back in around 2006-7, I had a PC with 60ish GB of HDD, 512 MB DDR1 RAM, nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB GPU and a single core Intel Pentium 4 at a 2.0 GHz rate. That was a beast of a PC. Played NFS Carbon, San Andreas, Max Payne, whatever you want with an ease.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2017 12:55 PM
    OK, Turkey banned the theory of evolution. I've got no comment.
    06-24-2017 01:00 PM
    I agree with you about that. Everyone has different reasons why a phone may or may not work for them. After going through so many, I have learned that size and battery life are primarily most important for me and a solid camera is secondary.

Like this G5 Plus is really good, but can't get past the size of it. I would recommend trying out the SE for sure but I'm curious how that S8 is working out for you so far.
    Love it so far. Just a beautiful screen. TouchWiz isn't so bad anymore. Very quick phone. Great camera. Battery life is good enough so far but haven't really had many full cycles yet. So far so good though
    libra89 likes this.
    06-24-2017 01:04 PM
    I remember games, good games, taking less than 700MB of storage. You could fit them on just one CD-R and have a whole bunch of on your PC. Back in around 2006-7, I had a PC with 60ish GB of HDD, 512 MB DDR1 RAM, nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB GPU and a single core Intel Pentium 4 at a 2.0 GHz rate. That was a beast of a PC. Played NFS Carbon, San Andreas, Max Payne, whatever you want with an ease.
    I remember games that used to come on like 4 CDs. You'd be in the middle of the game and then "insert disc 2" to keep rolling. Good times.
    06-24-2017 01:05 PM
    I remember games that used to come on like 4 CDs. You'd be in the middle of the game and then "insert disc 2" to keep rolling. Good times.
    Remember backing up to floppies?

06-24-2017 01:13 PM
    Remember backing up to floppies?

Haha! Sure do. What a different world of technology in such a short time.
    06-24-2017 01:19 PM
    I think GTA: Vice City was one of those. I remember typing in the SEAWAYS cheatcode, get in a car and head to the sea, then after a few minutes you'd get that message. Man, definitely good times.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2017 01:19 PM
143,557 ... 54095410541154125413 ...