Remember backing up to floppies?

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
    I remember installing a game from a floppy, it was a Millioner game, just a few KBs, but it took forever.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-24-2017 01:20 PM
    My first PC, since I'm not that old, was powered by Pentium 2 I believe. Can't remember anything else related to it really, except that it ran Windows 98 which took 30 minutes to boot up.
    Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    06-24-2017 01:24 PM
    Went on a little paddle boating excursion yesterday.
    06-24-2017 01:33 PM
    Ok so how do I like Moto Z so far? Actually quite a lot. Love the screen and ambient display. AMOLED is thing to have and ambient display works soo well. I got used to size, it doesn't feel too big anymore. Battery is surprise, I'm really getting over 3h SOT. Camera is mostly fine, haven't used it too much. If anyone has any question got me up.
    One picture taken with it today while helping mum out on the garden.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-24-2017 02:29 PM
    It's always cheaper to buy more expensive parts. Get a 6th or 7th gen i7, 1080 (if you got enough cash consider the Ti) and crazy amount of RAM, I'd say 16 gigs but I'm a bit afraid to spill it out. Then a nice 1TB HDD and a much smaller SSD to load a system on and that's it.

I was a bit crazy about the RAM since the games that are coming out each year less and less optimised, while becoming more and more demanding.

As far as storage goes, never enough of it. And since I know you're a hardcore gamer, you'll definitely need it. Heck this just-released game (can't remember which one, spent 10 minutes trying to figure out) takes 120 GB of storage. That's insane.
    Dude, all I need is a CPU, motherboard and ram. I've got a 3TB storage drive and the new ssd. And I'm going to continue on with the 970.
    Extremely tight budget here..
    Rose640, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-24-2017 02:51 PM
    Dude, all I need is a CPU, motherboard and ram. I've got a 3TB storage drive and the new ssd. And I'm going to continue on with the 970.
    Extremely tight budget here..
    Forgot about the 970 :D.
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    06-24-2017 03:03 PM
    With the PC down, I have been spending a lot of time on the 7 Plus! I've gone naked btw... something about this sleek Jet Black finish is just so sexy... albeit slippery as hell!
    Nice! You're brave to do without a case but I do agree about that color. It's so sleek. I hear that Jet Black is easier to grip though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-24-2017 08:38 PM
    This Mi Note 2's camera...in great light...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...90e0c61d77.jpg
    What a picture!
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-24-2017 08:39 PM
    Love it so far. Just a beautiful screen. TouchWiz isn't so bad anymore. Very quick phone. Great camera. Battery life is good enough so far but haven't really had many full cycles yet. So far so good though
    Glad to hear it! I hope it works out for you considering how long you have been holding out.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-24-2017 08:41 PM
    Ooh paddle boating, that sounds fun.

Great pictures!
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-24-2017 08:45 PM
    Ok so how do I like Moto Z so far? Actually quite a lot. Love the screen and ambient display. AMOLED is thing to have and ambient display works soo well. I got used to size, it doesn't feel too big anymore. Battery is surprise, I'm really getting over 3h SOT. Camera is mostly fine, haven't used it too much. If anyone has any question got me up.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...591d809134.jpg
    Glad to hear that you are liking the Moto Z and that you have adjusted to the size, since that is important. Do you use any of the Moto actions? That's the only question I have at the moment.

That's a pretty view, wow.
    Laura Knotek and Sport Driver like this.
    06-24-2017 08:50 PM
    Why do people suck? Hopefully no one has fallen for this.

PSA: Don't buy the OnePlus 5 via Amazon (US)
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    06-24-2017 09:25 PM
    My first PC, since I'm not that old, was powered by Pentium 2 I believe. Can't remember anything else related to it really, except that it ran Windows 98 which took 30 minutes to boot up.
    Mine was a 200mHz Pentium 1 with an enormous 24GB HD and ??mb RAM running Win95..
    Then I was working in a cocoa plantation in the interiors, Back then was no internet, no cell phones, not even telephone landlines.
    We had this Nokia Mobira Talkman, which was a beast of a phone. I laugh when people now complain about carrying heavy phones. That beast was 5½ kgs, it was a mobile gym!!

Back to the PCs, .. and IE4, and the big hoo-ha when it updated the OS to Win98-ish...

And back to games... A favourite was spending hours in the grottos with the nasties in Quake. DOS was cool. Then there was westwood's Blade Runner (all 6CDs)...

...!!
    06-24-2017 09:27 PM
    I remember games that used to come on like 4 CDs. You'd be in the middle of the game and then "insert disc 2" to keep rolling. Good times.
    Shout to the veterans who know that the best PC games were not played on CDs but in MS-DOS!
    06-24-2017 09:58 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...591d809134.jpg
    Nice. Looking forward to the mini review...
    06-24-2017 10:25 PM
    What a picture!
    100% auto mode...point and shoot status. It came out very nice indeed (this is the Farley Post office across the street from MSG).
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-24-2017 10:28 PM
    100% auto mode...point and shoot status. It came out very nice indeed (this is the Farley Post office across the street from MSG).
    Wow that's awesome!
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2017 10:44 PM
    Shout to the veterans who know that the best PC games were not played on CDs but in MS-DOS!
    That's true.
    Even better were games written and recorded on tapes and played on a ZX Spectrum connected to a TV!
    06-24-2017 11:24 PM
    Glad to hear that you are liking the Moto Z and that you have adjusted to the size, since that is important. Do you use any of the Moto actions? That's the only question I have at the moment.

That's a pretty view, wow.
    I use twist for camera and chop chop. Still getting used to using those since it's not as natural.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2017 11:26 PM
    I use twist for camera and chop chop. Still getting used to using those since it's not as natural.
    It's all in the wrist, man. You'll get the hang of it...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2017 11:27 PM
    That's true.
    Even better were games written and recorded on tapes and played on a ZX Spectrum connected to a TV!
    Oh, that's getting too serious...
    06-24-2017 11:28 PM
    So, kids playing outside late on a summer night:

Growing up: we are literally in the street, deeply engaged in cricket/basketball/soccer.
    2017: the kids are sitting in chairs surrounding a TV and a console.

And yes, I saw this an hour and a half ago walking up the the GF's. SMH...
    06-24-2017 11:31 PM
    I picked up a pair of cheaper Sony cans to replace my Marley cans that went bad. I was looking at some Sennheiser's first, but decided not to at the last moment. So far, they feel decent...sound is a little flatter than I'd like, but they will do...I suppose.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-24-2017 11:40 PM
    OK, Turkey banned the theory of evolution. I've got no comment.
    I'm sure the USA is right behind them.... Especially with Cheeto in charge...

It's a clear sign that fundamentalism is taking over Turkey, evolution is the one science that really upsets them.
    06-25-2017 02:31 AM
    I picked up a pair of cheaper Sony cans to replace my Marley cans that went bad. I was looking at some Sennheiser's first, but decided not to at the last moment. So far, they feel decent...sound is a little flatter than I'd like, but they will do...I suppose.
    My wife just picked up some Marley's. She likes them.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-25-2017 02:36 AM
144,427 ... 54105411541254135414 ...