Well It's a bit more complex than that but that's where some of the issues stem from. A common thing to do in every society is to blame 'others' for you problems. There's also the issue of globalisation as well. It's fairly complex and I was trying really hard not to go too in depth but the issues in the UK stems from a north/south divide and a rich/poor divide and generally old/new policies that do nothing to address the issues. The government since the 80s, whether it was Tory or Labour has done little to fix issues and has created this mess. The UK is a country steeped in benefit mentality instead of addressing the underlining issues of skill shortage.

The obvious answer here is no and the government knows it. There's talks of 'special visas' for farming but that may add additional costs to everything... but it's what the UK wants to do it seems. There will be costs to employers to hire outside the UK. I don't see employers, especially low wage employers, paying, so I see these industries moving, those that can that is.

The EU is being a lot more generous and positive than the UK is. I believe the EU has the best interest of everyone at heart but the UK, in my opinion, is out to place blame for any negative impact leaving the EU will have on the UK. There's lots of waffle around on this whole Brexit nonsense and since the UK government doesn't want to commit to anything or say what they want, it continues to be some vague thing.

There's a lot of uncertanity here in the UK. Some industries appear to be loving the idea of Brexit, mostly hospitality, for the reasons I believe that they think UK citizens will travel overseas less, while others are highly worried about it. It's all a very strange environment and difficult to explain without writing pages.
    Complex like pretty much all the stuff in politics. It seems like a the crap from the past is coming for us. Lack of visionary thinking got us here.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-28-2017 08:43 AM
    Complex like pretty much all the stuff in politics. It seems like a the crap from the past is coming for us. Lack of visionary thinking got us here.
    No, not a lack of vision... GREED... that's all you need to know.
    06-28-2017 09:03 AM
    Here in 'Murica and Englund, we don't need it - we just greed it.
    N_LaRUE, libra89, Rose640 and 1 others like this.
    06-28-2017 09:38 AM
    OK... need a break from all the serious conversation... now for a little 'toilet' humour and I mean this literally...

At my work, I work in engineering for those wondering, the industry is very male dominate. It's about a 8:1 ratio I believe.

Anyway, as I may have mentioned, I'm working on a very large project and our offices are jammed packed full of people, mostly male.

Our offices don't really have adequate facilities. For example, the building I'm in has washroom facilities per floor and in each is two cubicles and two urinals. Each floor has approximately 100 people on it. You can do the maths...

Anyway, as you might guess the toilets get busy... occasionally things breakdown or get backed up.

The amusing part of this, is that people have a tendency to put a knotted piece of toilet paper on the handle to the cubicle... almost like a surrender flag.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-28-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    06-28-2017 10:13 AM
    OK... need a break from all the serious conversation... now for a little 'toilet' humour and I mean this literally...

At my work, I work in engineering for those wondering, the industry is very male dominate. It's about a 8:1 ratio I believe.

Anyway, as I may have mentioned, I'm working a very large project and our offices are jammed packed full of people, mostly male.

Our offices don't really have adequate facilities. For example, the building I'm has washroom facilities per floor and in each is two cubicles and two urinals. Each floor has approximately 100 people on it. You can do the maths...

Anyway, as you might guess the toilets get busy... occasionally things breakdown or get backed up.

The amusing part of this, is that people have a tendency to put a knotted piece of toilet paper on the handle to the cubicle... almost like a surrender flag.

That does sound amusing.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-28-2017 10:27 AM
    Yeah, that as well. That was a proven recipe for my country's fall.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-28-2017 10:47 AM
    Slowly, things are improving...just need to go through some bureaucracy, but this appears to be the turnaround I was working towards...
    libra89, N_LaRUE, Rose640 and 1 others like this.
    06-28-2017 12:09 PM
    Slowly, things are improving...just need to go through some bureaucracy, but this appears to be the turnaround I was working towards...
    That sounds like mostly good news. I wish you the best with your transitions, and I hope that you'll get all that you are working towards.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-28-2017 12:22 PM
    That sounds like mostly good news. I wish you the best with your transitions, and I hope that you'll get all that you are working towards.
    Thanks. Updates will happen, but due to an old school superstition if mine about not talking too much about things in process, I have to be cryptic.

But I had a very productive meeting this morning to move things forward. My fingers are still crossed.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-28-2017 12:33 PM
    Thanks. Updates will happen, but due to an old school superstition if mine about not talking too much about things in process, I have to be cryptic.

But I had a very productive meeting this morning to move things forward. My fingers are still crossed.
    I get that. Good luck!
    06-28-2017 12:48 PM
    I get that. Good luck!
    Thanks a lot. There's lots to do before everything is closed. It'll be a hectic summer for sure.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-28-2017 04:23 PM

Anyway, as I may have mentioned, I'm working on a very large project and our offices are jammed packed full of people, mostly male.

Our offices don't really have adequate facilities. For example, the building I'm in has washroom facilities per floor and in each is two cubicles and two urinals. Each floor has approximately 100 people on it. You can do the maths...

Ain't that some S**h...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-28-2017 04:24 PM
    Well hello guys and gals!
    06-28-2017 04:39 PM
    Sup! How's married life?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-28-2017 04:49 PM
    Hey, how's everything going? I recall that you have a lot going on when it comes to different life things.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-28-2017 04:49 PM
    I can give you a bit of an update:

The wedding went really really well - the weather was a bit unsettled, raining in the morning but it cleared up in the afternoon/evening and she turned up so we ended up getting married - always a good thing. We got some great photos and the day went really quickly but at the same time I made sure to try to take it all in.

We went on honeymoon around Devon/Cornwall (as a type of mini-moon) for 5 days with a view to going to Italy later this year / spring next year and enjoying the place in slightly cooler weather.

The plan originally was to get moving into our new place the week before the wedding but that got put back to the week after, so the new plan then was to come back from mini-moon and move in but we've had delays getting paperwork from the local council for the people we're buying from. So we've currently been delayed for over 3 weeks and still have no moving in date right now but I'm hopeful it will be in the next two weeks or so.

Work promotion has been going well, still transitioning over but mostly there now. It's all working out now.

The one downside was that on mini-moon my 950XL gave up the ghost so I've now got a S8+ plus which is a nice phone but I wish it ran WM. I like having apps but I don't like the way android ways in some aspects.
    06-28-2017 04:58 PM

The wedding went really really well - the weather was a bit unsettled, raining in the morning but it cleared up in the afternoon/evening and she turned up so we ended up getting married - always a good thing. We got some great photos and the day went really quickly but at the same time I made sure to try to take it all in.

We went on honeymoon around Devon/Cornwall (as a type of mini-moon) for 5 days with a view to going to Italy later this year / spring next year and enjoying the place in slightly cooler weather.

The plan originally was to get moving into our new place the week before the wedding but that got put back to the week after, so the new plan then was to come back from mini-moon and move in but we've had delays getting paperwork from the local council for the people we're buying from. So we've currently been delayed for over 3 weeks and still have no moving in date right now but I'm hopeful it will be in the next two weeks or so.

Work promotion has been going well, still transitioning over but mostly there now. It's all working out now.

The one downside was that on mini-moon my 950XL gave up the ghost so I've now got a S8+ plus which is a nice phone but I wish it ran WM. I like having apps but I don't like the way android ways in some aspects.
    That's a mouthful!

1) Glad to see the wedding went well. Congrats again.
    2) Sorry to hear about your 950XL. Agreed with you about Android.
    3) Nice to hear work is going well.
    4) Sucks about the housing situation. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.
    N_LaRUE, Muessig, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    06-28-2017 05:05 PM
    Nothing too much. Trying to survive the heat mostly.
    Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    06-28-2017 05:40 PM

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well on your wedding day.

I hope the house paperwork gets sorted quickly so the 2 of you will finally be able to move and get all the work on the new house done.
    libra89, Muessig and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-28-2017 06:18 PM

Congrats and I'm happy you had good weather! If there's one thing that can't be relied upon here in the UK... I'm currently wearing a jacket again and it's almost July....

Where'd you go? Did you get down to Lands End? Where are you heading to in Italy? I've been to Venice and Rome if you need any tips or suggestions.

I was talking to a co-worker yesterday and we both had a rough time with getting our houses. Her's was especially stressful due to her not having a house at all and having to rent a service apartment at an a ridiculous rate. I mentioned that I found the house buying process in the UK more stressful than dealing with immigration and that's three different countries!

Buying a house in the UK just seems to take forever!

Great to hear! :)

Sorry to hear about your 950XL. You can get a launcher that emulates W10M but I prefer a light interface myself. You do get used to Android after a bit. It's unfortunate that W10M is in such a state.
    Muessig, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2017 02:36 AM
    Hey LaRue you're still in the UK at this point?

We went all around Cornwall and Devon - Lands End, Eden Project, St Ives, Bude, Ilfracombe, Wollacombe, Exter, Plymouth, Lynmouth and Lynton, which is quite a lot to fit into 5 days!

As far as Italy goes I think Rome or Venice - ideally I'm thinking of touring around a bit but I'm not sure if the language barrier would stop that. I do want to hit big places like Rome and anywhere else you might suggest is nice.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-2017 02:42 AM
    Hey LaRue you're still in the UK at this point?
    Yes I'm still in the UK. We haven't got a concrete timeline as a lot of it relies on other things. We are still drawing up our plans on what we plan to do exactly and finding things out that will hopefully make the transition easier. We've finally picked our area and are currently talking to lenders. We can't really shop for a house until we have the cash to do so! Our house is currently at a good value so we'll get something for our sale. That will be used for survival as we get started and renovations as well.

My wife wants to move quickly but I personally think we'll be moving next year sometime, but that could change. It all depends on how quickly things move and what state the house will be in. We'll need funds to renovate and setup our businesses. We hope to have Christmas in France but we'll see.

I currently have my permanent residency application in with the UK so that's the backup plan if things go awry. That's of course I get it... who knows, I may be leaving sooner than I thought! LOL!

We went all around Cornwall and Devon - Lands End, Eden Project, St Ives, Bude, Ilfracombe, Wollacombe, Exter, Plymouth, Lynmouth and Lynton, which is quite a lot to fit into 5 days!
    That is a lot to do in 5 days! I like the Eden Project.

As far as Italy goes I think Rome or Venice - ideally I'm thinking of touring around a bit but I'm not sure if the language barrier would stop that. I do want to hit big places like Rome and anywhere else you might suggest is nice.
    Well if you're going tour around then I'd be silly not to recommend the Amalfi Coast. I haven't been but it's gorgeous looking.

I really enjoyed Venice. We went in October, it was still busy, of course less busy than main tourist time but still! It's a busy place all year really. I recommend walking out of the touristy areas to enjoy the atmosphere of the place. We stayed in Venice but it is an expensive place to stay even off peak. So you can stay off island and take a train in. There's no cars in Venice. Also AirBnB does have some good options.

In Rome we stayed about 100m from the Colosseum in a small BnB. It was nothing fancy and fairly cheap but it did what we needed. The owner also had a restaurant which had good food. Rome is like walking around an archaeological site. There's digs going on all over the place! We did a lot of walking. We stayed in the centre so nothing was really that far. Recommend eating out of the tourist areas for better food.

There's a lot to see in Rome.

If you want to go to the Colosseum and the Forum there's a couple of tricks to avoid the lines. Let me know when you're going and I'll tell you closer to the time. :)
    Muessig and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2017 03:20 AM

Congrats on the wedding. Best of luck!
    Muessig, N_LaRUE, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    06-29-2017 03:27 AM
    Getting all the papers I need to apply for college. I have my dad getting them for me since he doesn't have to pay for them, while I would.

Also, I'm taking care of the documents I'll need for the Student Center, and let me tell you, there's like 20 docs I need. 20!
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2017 03:32 AM
    So yeah, I decided for the dorm. Many reason led to the decision. Finances being the most important one.

Also, I'm not your world's best cook. I have issues preparing eggs, I almost set a whole room on fire. But in the dorm, I'll have breakfast and dinner already prepared.

Also, everything possible is included in the price. Water, heat, electricity, cleaning and free internet.

Again, also, there are football courts, basketball ones, volleyball court and the gym. Just having a free gym is a major plus to me.

If I were to get the apartment, I'd pay 250-300 KM, without the water, internet and similar, and without all the courts and gym of course. While in the Student Center I'd have to pay around 250 KM. See where I'm going with this.

I'll get some discounts since my dad was in war and had stepped on the mine and stuff, so it'll be even cheaper.
    raycpl, N_LaRUE, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    06-29-2017 03:38 AM
145,242 ... 54165417541854195420 ...