Hey rose, you don't get any vouchers for meals as students there. We get Vouchers for meals from our government, as many per month as there are working days. It's worth about 3€ so you can get full meal for about 3€ of your own payment, that is soup, main dish, salad and fruit. Or you can get Kebab, sandwich, burek,... Without paying extra. That is one awesome thing over here but I have no idea if it exists everywhere else.
    06-29-2017 05:34 AM
    Hey rose, you don't get any vouchers for meals as students there. We get Vouchers for meals from our government, as many per month as there are working days. It's worth about 3€ so you can get full meal for about 3€ of your own payment, that is soup, main dish, salad and fruit. Or you can get Kebab, sandwich, burek,... Without paying extra. That is one awesome thing over here but I have no idea if it exists everywhere else.
    Definitely not here... LOL!
    06-29-2017 05:36 AM
    Hey LaRue you're still in the UK at this point?

We went all around Cornwall and Devon - Lands End, Eden Project, St Ives, Bude, Ilfracombe, Wollacombe, Exter, Plymouth, Lynmouth and Lynton, which is quite a lot to fit into 5 days!

As far as Italy goes I think Rome or Venice - ideally I'm thinking of touring around a bit but I'm not sure if the language barrier would stop that. I do want to hit big places like Rome and anywhere else you might suggest is nice.
    Oh, I forgot to say one thing.

Don't worry about the language barrier. You can do a lot with minimal vocabulary and pointing.

Roaming around in other areas is fun. It's all part of the experience. :) Also, Google translate is a wonderful tool when you need it! You can download the language pack for offline use.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2017 06:12 AM
    I can give you a bit of an update:

The wedding went really really well - the weather was a bit unsettled, raining in the morning but it cleared up in the afternoon/evening and she turned up so we ended up getting married - always a good thing. We got some great photos and the day went really quickly but at the same time I made sure to try to take it all in.

We went on honeymoon around Devon/Cornwall (as a type of mini-moon) for 5 days with a view to going to Italy later this year / spring next year and enjoying the place in slightly cooler weather.

The plan originally was to get moving into our new place the week before the wedding but that got put back to the week after, so the new plan then was to come back from mini-moon and move in but we've had delays getting paperwork from the local council for the people we're buying from. So we've currently been delayed for over 3 weeks and still have no moving in date right now but I'm hopeful it will be in the next two weeks or so.

Work promotion has been going well, still transitioning over but mostly there now. It's all working out now.

The one downside was that on mini-moon my 950XL gave up the ghost so I've now got a S8+ plus which is a nice phone but I wish it ran WM. I like having apps but I don't like the way android ways in some aspects.
    I'm basically going to repeat what you have already been told by others here. It's great to hear from you though, especially when it comes to the good stuff such as the wedding going well and your promotion going well too. I'm hoping that you will have a move in date soon and I wish you the best with the s8+, sorry about your 950XL.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2017 11:52 AM
    I'm glad that I have finally sold the 950. It felt like a struggle to sell it. Solid phone but wasted on me since I like smaller phones like the Lumia 650.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2017 02:18 PM
    I'm glad that I have finally sold the 950. It felt like a struggle to sell it. Solid phone but wasted on me since I like smaller phones like the Lumia 650.
    Yeah there's unfortunately a lot of uncertainty with the future of the devices which have made selling them a little harder. I've noticed similar things over at CrackBerry with the older devices as well.
    06-29-2017 02:59 PM
    I swear, I'm gonna be nickel and dimed to death before seeing the first $...SMH...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-2017 03:03 PM
    Yeah there's unfortunately a lot of uncertainty with the future of the devices which have made selling them a little harder. I've noticed similar things over at CrackBerry with the older devices as well.
    Unfortunately, it's always been like this as an ugly underside of tech. Fortunately, my XL makes a great mirror and trade chip for the right enthusiast. It's an improvement over how I used to use iFruit devices - a doorstop...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2017 03:04 PM
    That's true, and I totally agree. What has confused me about this is that I have seen SO much wanting of it and the 950XL throughout these forums. People seem to want it but no one really takes action.

I can only imagine how it is on Crackberry.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-2017 03:18 PM
    It's the same there. everyone wanted the first couple of android Devices and then a few get listed and nothing. The BB10 devices are taking forever to move as well. I guess you're looking at unique communities and most that likely wanted these devices have probably already purchased. I don't know.
    06-29-2017 03:31 PM
    It's the same there. everyone wanted the first couple of android Devices and then a few get listed and nothing. The BB10 devices are taking forever to move as well. I guess you're looking at unique communities and most that likely wanted these devices have probably already purchased. I don't know.
    At one point, I wanted a Privilege and a Passport...but went away from both ultimately. I thought about a KeyOne...would I be ballsy enough to trade a Mi Note 2 for it? Dunno.
    06-29-2017 03:45 PM
    At one point, I wanted a Privilege and a Passport...but went away from both ultimately. I thought about a KeyOne...would I be ballsy enough to trade a Mi Note 2 for it? Dunno.
    You seem to be mostly content with your Mi Note 2, so I figure it would have to be a solid deal for you to consider doing something like that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-2017 03:59 PM
    I loved the Passport. One of my all time favorite devices. The Priv never appealed to me. Wasn't interested in the slider personally and there was a lot of issues with build quality it seems.

I definitely thought I was getting the KEYone but the last bunch of build quality issues steered me away. I would have loved the battery life but didn't feel like the headache of having to deal with device returns etc
    06-29-2017 04:58 PM
    I loved the Passport. One of my all time favorite devices. The Priv never appealed to me. Wasn't interested in the slider personally and there was a lot of issues with build quality it seems.

I definitely thought I was getting the KEYone but the last bunch of build quality issues steered me away. I would have loved the battery life but didn't feel like the headache of having to deal with device returns etc
    Same here with the Passport. I was thinking about the KEYone myself and was playing with one at a Best Buy the other day. The screen was just too small for me so I got a DTEK60 dirt cheap. It's no secret that I've always loved the Idol 4S so I figured it would be nice to see what it's like with a DroidBerry. I'm still in the process of setting it up but so far so great. I missed this device.
    06-29-2017 07:18 PM
    I hate that a lot of Apple fans/followers do videos with the 5s but not the SE. That's not helpful to me. Thankfully there's one guy that does it. It kind of feels like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack at times.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-29-2017 11:06 PM
    So it looks like I'm going back to three devices. Ish.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-29-2017 11:09 PM
    So it looks like I'm going back to three devices. Ish.
    Ooh we need more info. Does this include your Android Wear watches? What is the other one? I know about the Mi Note 2 and Lumia 950 XL.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-29-2017 11:11 PM
    Ooh we need more info. Does this include your Android Wear watches? What is the other one? I know about the Mi Note 2 and Lumia 950 XL.
    May get some LG V series thing.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-29-2017 11:13 PM
    I hate that a lot of Apple fans/followers do videos with the 5s but not the SE. That's not helpful to me. Thankfully there's one guy that does it. It kind of feels like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack at times.
    It will be interesting to see if they stay with this form factor in the future and do a refresh.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-29-2017 11:16 PM
    May get some LG V series thing.
    Which one? And what's the reasoning behind?
    libra89 likes this.
    06-29-2017 11:16 PM
    It will be interesting to see if they stay with this form factor in the future and do a refresh.
    They won't. I'm sure there are a ton of people crying for the larger screen size, so they went there.

Still, nothing nicer than a cute girl with a nice butt in some tight jeans and her small iPhone in the back pocket.
    06-29-2017 11:18 PM
    Which one? And what's the reasoning behind?
    V20. The only S808 chip phone I'll tolerate these days is a 950 (although the G4 was a treat to use).

Reasoning? An experiment.
    06-29-2017 11:19 PM
    V20. The only S808 chip phone I'll tolerate these days is a 950 (although the G4 was a treat to use).

Reasoning? An experiment.
    Ooh that would do for the audio bit AND camera. If you do it, you know that we'll be asking for your impressions/thoughts/experience...and anything and everything.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-29-2017 11:23 PM
    If they do it next March, I would be so ready and buy as soon as I can. Heck, I'm ready now but it's not going to happen in September.

I really like the SE a lot but it would be nice to have an improved camera on the front, even if it meant losing the headphone jack.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-29-2017 11:24 PM
    Ooh that would do for the audio bit AND camera. If you do it, you know that we'll be asking for your impressions/thoughts/experience...and anything and everything.
    I don't have any higher impedence headphones like Laura, but I'll check out both the cam and the audio.
    06-29-2017 11:37 PM
145,277 ... 54175418541954205421 ...