I don't have any higher impedence headphones like Laura, but I'll check out both the cam and the audio.
    Awesome! I mentioned the audio bit because apparently audio sounds good on it, from what I have heard from Juan Carlos Bagnell's real audio review and also, you seem to be into music. I know that Laura is really into it, but that list you posted a couple of days ago, along with your conversation with fatclue about music the other day (I don't remember when this was), it seems like you are.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2017 11:44 PM
    Awesome! I mentioned the audio bit because apparently audio sounds good on it, from what I have heard from Juan Carlos Bagnell's real audio review and also, you seem to be into music. I know that Laura is really into it, but that list you posted a couple of days ago, along with your conversation with fatclue about music the other day (I don't remember when this was), it seems like you are.
    Yeah. We'll see how it goes and how I feel at the end.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-29-2017 11:48 PM
    My brother's idea of the possibility that my friend might like me keeps rolling in my head. One of the things he said is that it's probably hard to read me so he might not be sure of what to do, if anything. He (my brother) has ruined my mind. I like him for the person he is and all, but I don't know about more than that. I'll be honest, the idea is far from dreadful...

I'll be seeing him today, along with the rest of the group and I don't need this in my mind right now.
    06-30-2017 08:44 AM
    Well... yesterday turned out a bit more surprising that I was expecting.

It turns out the plans to move are going to happen sooner than I thought. Still there is some 'time factor' involved.

Basically my wife signed us up to an online house selling service. We've decided to do everything ourselves. Pictures, viewings, etc.

This is probably best as we feel the house, for the moment, is probably at peak price. It's more likely than not to drop in price from here than rise. At least that's our assessment. We're pretty low tier overall but if we get the price we hope than it's good, very good.

Anyway, we won't be ready to put it on the market until mid to end July. Then depending on who buys it, anywhere from 90 or so days to finalise from there. So all going well, before xmas.

My wife did consult me with this, she was just checking things and it sort of just 'happened'. She got some deals on prices and now it's all systems go. So I'll be busy for the next month finishing things off at the house.

So, exciting and startling all at once. Let's hope our plans work!
    libra89, raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-30-2017 08:59 AM
    Well... yesterday turned out a bit more surprising that I was expecting.

It turns out the plans to move are going to happen sooner than I thought. Still there is some 'time factor' involved.

Basically my wife signed us up to an online house selling service. We've decided to do everything ourselves. Pictures, viewings, etc.

This is probably best as we feel the house, for the moment, is probably at peak price. It's more likely than not to drop in price from here than rise. At least that's our assessment. We're pretty low tier overall but if we get the price we hope than it's good, very good.

Anyway, we won't be ready to put it on the market until mid to end July. Then depending on who buys it, anywhere from 90 or so days to finalise from there. So all going well, before xmas.

My wife did consult me with this, she was just checking things and it sort of just 'happened'. She got some deals on prices and now it's all systems go. So I'll be busy for the next month finishing things off at the house.

So, exciting and startling all at once. Let's hope our plans work!
    Wow that is a massive adjustment! Good luck with everything, and I hope that the plans work too!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-30-2017 09:26 AM
    Wow that is a massive adjustment! Good luck with everything, and I hope that the plans work too!
    It's not that massive of an adjustment. LOL!

I lived in Finland for 10 months but France will be a lot easier. This will also be country four for me so it's not like I haven't done it before. :)

We have unknowns at the moment so it's working through those as well but we're confident things will work out. :)
    06-30-2017 09:46 AM
    It's not that massive of an adjustment. LOL!

I lived in Finland for 10 months but France will be a lot easier. This will also be country four for me so it's not like I haven't done it before. :)

We have unknowns at the moment so it's working through those as well but we're confident things will work out. :)
    To me, it sounds like one, but I forget you have had a lot of experience with this. Moving is annoying though.

That's a great way to look at it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-2017 09:57 AM
    To me, it sounds like one, but I forget you have had a lot of experience with this. Moving is annoying though.

That's a great way to look at it.
    I won't disagree with you there!

However, we plan to move as little as possible. We're going to sell all the big stuff and reduce things we don't need/want to a minimum.

So if we're lucky, maybe a two to four car loads of stuff?
    06-30-2017 10:01 AM
    I won't disagree with you there!

However, we plan to move as little as possible. We're going to sell all the big stuff and reduce things we don't need/want to a minimum.

So if we're lucky, maybe a two to four car loads of stuff?
    That's a great plan. I wish you two good luck with selling the stuff that isn't needed.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-2017 12:44 PM
    Moving is a pain. Nuff said.
    06-30-2017 01:22 PM
    That's a great plan. I wish you two good luck with selling the stuff that isn't needed.
    Well it's not that we don't need it, just don't want to move it!
    06-30-2017 05:22 PM
    Moving is a pain. Nuff said.
    Kindly explain that to my wife. While you're at it also mention what a PITA painting can be. It's not fun like Lowe's commercials make it out to be.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
    06-30-2017 11:19 PM
    Kindly explain that to my wife. While you're at it also mention what a PITA painting can be. It's not fun like Lowe's commercials make it out to be.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
    Good luck with that one. Wish I could help you there, but cannot take on that chore and be successful...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-30-2017 11:25 PM
    So I couldn't wait any longer! I bit the bullet and bought a replacement motherboard and CPU. I decided since I'm on this extremely tight budget right now, I'd narrow my search to two requirements; one, the cheapest I could find, and two; it had to be an upgrade over what I had....

I found the MSI Gaming 970 motherboard (AM3+ socket) ($86 USD), and the AMD FX-6300 3.5Ghz Hexecore (Vishera) CPU. ($82 USD) both on Newegg with a combo discount.

This way I can use the DDR3 I've already got. The FX-6300 is a couple years old already, yes, but what it's replacing is over 10 years old.

So I ordered these the other day. They've already arrived, and I've got my machine back up and running. Just in time for this weekend's Quake Champions closed beta run. I got to play last night for a few hours and now have a smile on my face again!!!
    07-01-2017 07:50 AM
    So I couldn't wait any longer! I bit the bullet and bought a replacement motherboard and CPU. I decided since I'm on this extremely tight budget right now, I'd narrow my search to two requirements; one, the cheapest I could find, and two; it had to be an upgrade over what I had....

I found the MSI Gaming 970 motherboard (AM3+ socket) ($86 USD), and the AMD FX-6300 3.5Ghz Hexecore (Vishera) CPU. ($82 USD) both on Newegg with a combo discount.

This way I can use the DDR3 I've already got. The FX-6300 is a couple years old already, yes, but what it's replacing is over 10 years old.

So I ordered these the other day. They've already arrived, and I've got my machine back up and running. Just in time for this weekend's Quake Champions closed beta run. I got to play last night for a few hours and now have a smile on my face again!!!
    Yay!!
    07-01-2017 09:02 AM
    My brother's idea of the possibility that my friend might like me keeps rolling in my head. One of the things he said is that it's probably hard to read me so he might not be sure of what to do, if anything. He (my brother) has ruined my mind. I like him for the person he is and all, but I don't know about more than that. I'll be honest, the idea is far from dreadful...

I'll be seeing him today, along with the rest of the group and I don't need this in my mind right now.
    Just hang out with the guy and see. Don't force the "whole what if he likes me and I now have to figure out who I feel about this and him bit".

The more you understand and are comfortable with yourself and what you want, the easier this stuff can fall into place.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-01-2017 09:08 AM
    Just hang out with the guy and see. Don't force the "whole what if he likes me and I now have to figure out who I feel about this and him bit".

The more you understand and are comfortable with yourself and what you want, the easier this stuff can fall into place.
    Thanks! I'll take your word for it. I just found out yesterday that he is also a fan of my baseball team and he didn't know that I was into it. I told him to tell me when he is going to a game next.
    Not because of what I wrote but going to games is a hassle because no one I know (before now, that is) likes it much so I am dragging them, which makes the experience not as fun for me.

Funny story related to this. We were with other friends and some new people last night and a lady asked me if he was my boyfriend I told her nah, we are all just friends but I found that to be funny.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-2017 09:47 AM
    The lady was the Mom of the fiancee of my 20 year old friend. She seemed sweet. Glad that his fiancee is here now, it was cool to have a social experience with her.
    07-01-2017 10:08 AM
    Thanks! I'll take your word for it. I just found out yesterday that he is also a fan of my baseball team and he didn't know that I was into it. I told him to tell me when he is going to a game next.
    Not because of what I wrote but going to games is a hassle because no one I know (before now, that is) likes it much so I am dragging them, which makes the experience not as fun for me.

Funny story related to this. We were with other friends and some new people last night and a lady asked me if he was my boyfriend I told her nah, we are all just friends but I found that to be funny.
    People put too much pressure on themselves to find a mate.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-01-2017 11:29 AM
    People put too much pressure on themselves to find a mate.
    You're right, they do. I blame society. It seems like regardless of gender, that is always implied. People expect that if you are single, you should be looking for one.

And there's the whole "Why are you single?" conversation that comes in. And you know, it's not acceptable to just be, you should be dating.

Personally, I have been single longer than I haven't been I'm not bothered. I wouldn't be opposed to being with a guy at this point but I have other things that I want more.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    07-01-2017 12:20 PM
    You're right, they do. I blame society. It seems like regardless of gender, that is always implied. People expect that if you are single, you should be looking for one.

And there's the whole "Why are you single?" conversation that comes in. And you know, it's not acceptable to just be, you should be dating.

Personally, I have been single longer than I haven't been I'm not bothered. I wouldn't be opposed to being with a guy at this point but I have other things that I want more.
    It's how humans have survived. There are pros and cons to it. It ultimately boils down to what is important to you and your cultural obligations are (and how you feel about these).
    07-01-2017 02:02 PM
    It's how humans have survived. There are pros and cons to it. It ultimately boils down to what is important to you and your cultural obligations are (and how you feel about these).
    True points. In my case, as far as I know, cultural obligations really come down to the wedding steps. It's common for people to have just 2 but I have more.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by cultural obligations, that's all that comes to mind when it comes to that.
    07-01-2017 03:05 PM
    For the music fans here, I started a playlist thread. Hopefully it takes off.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-01-2017 03:56 PM
    True points. In my case, as far as I know, cultural obligations really come down to the wedding steps. It's common for people to have just 2 but I have more.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by cultural obligations, that's all that comes to mind when it comes to that.
    Yes and no.

For some, religious and certain cultural obligations (arranged marriage, ethnicity, etc) trump individual autonomy in choosing a mate. For those who do not have as strong or such constraints, figuring out what you want is very helpful.
    07-01-2017 04:11 PM
    Yes and no.

For some, religious and certain cultural obligations (arranged marriage, ethnicity, etc) trump individual autonomy in choosing a mate. For those who do not have as strong or such constraints, figuring out what you want is very helpful.
    Ooh okay, I see. I have individual autonomy, even though my parents would like for me to marry a guy from my ethnic group (this is not really likely because there are fewer of us in my area) or one from certain groups. That's a likely thing but far from mandatory. Whoever it is will have to be willing to deal with the steps, because those steps are all about respect.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    07-01-2017 06:33 PM
145,267 ... 54185419542054215422 ...