Cannot be a dummy if you at least know well enough to surround yourself with people who know what they're doing.

Not saying the dude is a Nobel laureate, but he's no uber numbskull either. I agree that there's a lot to distrust in there, but people have to get off the bashing him bandwagon sometimes and get some actual work done in change and keeping some of his mantra in check. Just saying...
    I only worry about him because of his possibility of starting something that could become destructive. Other than that, I could really care less. It's what the voters wanted, let them have him.

If he only keep his tiny hands off twitter...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-10-2017 01:37 AM
    Atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi @ sea level and 29.92"hg barometric pressure. If the pumps fail you would still get a gravity feed.
    Ok. Well, we got screwed and because we were in a poor part of town that the MP (the equivalent of the Congressman here) who only showed up during election campaign, every few years...
    I saw this on Friday and I didn't have time to say anything.

I think there's a slight miscommunication here so I thought I'd just put my two cents in.

First, most people think of the water coming out of their tap as 'pressure', when in fact it's flow rate.

Best example I found is this:

Think of a syringe. Now fill it with water. If you don't push the end the water won't move. However, depending on how fast you push the end, the water moves at that rate. The pressure does not change however. Just the rate of flow.

The next part of the confusion here is your description of 'slope'. If the pumps that supply the flow rate are not working and you're at the top of a steep slope then you are unlikely to get any water. Unless you have a siphon system the water isn't going anywhere. Unlikely that you would have a siphon system btw. So pumps are required to push water uphill. You cannot gravity feed water uphill unless there is some sort of flow already. If the pumps are not working and there is no bypass system for the water then you will not get any water. Also, if there is a bypass, further uphill you are from that flow, the less likely you'll have water.

To add to this conversation (though long gone now), living in Australia during a drought we had water restrictions, though we managed to have water still. My wife who lived in various parts of Australia had times when there was no water. Also when I lived in Toronto we had water shortages due to the processing time.

Such is modern life.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-10-2017 04:06 AM

I think there's a slight miscommunication here so I thought I'd just put my two cents in.

First, most people think of the water coming out of their tap as 'pressure', when in fact it's flow rate.

Think of a syringe. Now fill it with water. If you don't push the end the water won't move. However, depending on how fast you push the end, the water moves at that rate. The pressure does not change however. Just the rate of flow.

The next part of the confusion here is your description of 'slope'. If the pumps that supply the flow rate are not working and you're at the top of a steep slope then you are unlikely to get any water. Unless you have a siphon system the water isn't going anywhere. Unlikely that you would have a siphon system btw. So pumps are required to push water uphill. You cannot gravity feed water uphill unless there is some sort of flow already. If the pumps are not working and there is no bypass system for the water then you will not get any water. Also, if there is a bypass, further uphill you are from that flow, the less likely you'll have water.

To add to this conversation (though long gone now), living in Australia during a drought we had water restrictions, though we managed to have water still. My wife who lived in various parts of Australia had times when there was no water. Also when I lived in Toronto we had water shortages due to the processing time.

Such is modern life.
    I'll be honest and say that someone gave me a simple explanation as a child as to how the system worked, so some of those details are naturally foggy right now.

Topography wise, the house I grew up in was on a series of plateaus that eventually led to an old river at the bottom (when I was leaving the river has started to dry up sadly). I lived about 10 minutes drive from one of the major open area water catchment and holding areas in the entire city. The best way I can describe this was using a staircase analogy and loving in one of the middle steps and the catchment facility being on the top step. So we always would hear of people living at the bottom of the system having no water access issues and we always dealt with a shortage.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:05 AM
    I only worry about him because of his possibility of starting something that could become destructive. Other than that, I could really care less. It's what the voters wanted, let them have him.

If he only keep his tiny hands off twitter...
    The voters didn't know what they wanted. They knew what they didn't want - Hillary. Lol.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:06 AM
    I'll be honest and say that someone gave me a simple explanation as a child as to how the system worked, so some of those details are naturally foggy right now.

Topography wise, the house I grew up in was on a series of plateaus that eventually led to an old river at the bottom (when I was leaving the river has started to dry up sadly). I lived about 10 minutes drive from one of the major open area water catchment and holding areas in the entire city. The best way I can describe this was using a staircase analogy and loving in one of the middle steps and the catchment facility being on the top step. So we always would hear of people living at the bottom of the system having no water access issues and we always dealt with a shortage.
    Drying rivers is a common problem in Australia. Usually due to farming and other industry. So an already dry place becomes dryer.

So, I'm a little confused I have to admit. You use to live in the middle upper area and the catchment was at the bottom or top? Because if it was at the top then you'd have a gravity feed, which would then mean you were purposely being bypassed. Which to say the least, is cruel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:39 AM
    I'm going to see if I can flash some software on the V20 within the next two days. Overall, I don't have much issues with the pre production software, as I think this version is close to the released ROM. I just want it update eligible.
    07-10-2017 07:41 AM
    I'm going to see if I can flash some software on the V20 within the next two days. Overall, I don't have much issues with the pre production software, as I think this version is close to the released ROM. I just want it update eligible.
    Good luck! I hope that it will work for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:42 AM
    Really liked this:

It's part of the reason why I find the KeyOne so fascinating. It just looks cool and seems to work well generally.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:44 AM
    Did so much cleaning yesterday that my eyes and body took some time to wake up, never mind the fact that I was "pretty sleeping" as well too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2017 07:45 AM
    The voters didn't know what they wanted. They knew what they didn't want - Hillary. Lol.
    Yeah, unfortunately Hillary was the most un-electable person to exist, ever... well maybe not ever but she was sure up there.

I think the right wing media and the GOP did a great job of making it look as though the Democrats were useless over the last 8 years.

I'm still curious of what's to come of this mess but I'm just saying 'f*ck it' and getting on with my life. The UK and USA are two places that are going downhill quickly. The UK probably faster than the USA though... intelligence is at an all time low...
    07-10-2017 07:45 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately Hillary was the most un-electable person to exist, ever... well maybe not ever but she was sure up there.

I think the right wing media and the GOP did a great job of making it look as though the Democrats were useless over the last 8 years.

I'm still curious of what's to come of this mess but I'm just saying 'f*ck it' and getting on with my life. The UK and USA are two places that are going downhill quickly. The UK probably faster than the USA though... intelligence is at an all time low...
    *cough* Al Gore was even more un-electable than Hillary *cough*
    07-10-2017 08:35 AM
    Really liked this:

It's part of the reason why I find the KeyOne so fascinating. It just looks cool and seems to work well generally.
    I like the Key One. Reminds me of the old school days of when I used to blog on the phone - or write draft scripts anyways. Some found his argument to be a bit lame, but it really is a good example as to why when someone figures out what works for them in a thoughtful manner, things really work. For me, I want it all for convenience. So I'm going to see if using a V20 keeps me in that vein.

Although that Mi Note 2 is a mighty fine machine. I want to see if I have that calling but with the V20, as I really do use wired headphones a ton for phone calls, especially at home.
    07-10-2017 08:39 AM
    I'm still not a fan of this IPS screen in how it manages IPS glow...it is bright and sharp as a tack. It handles the black on the Google keyboard just fine, but greys look like crap. To be fair though, the Mi Note 2 handles greys in a similarly crappy manner (1080P AMOLED).
    07-10-2017 08:43 AM
    I still crack up about how my key ring says my sign (Pisces) has Monday as its "lucky" day. That's a serious line of horse excrement.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-10-2017 08:47 AM
    Drying rivers is a common problem in Australia. Usually due to farming and other industry. So an already dry place becomes dryer.

So, I'm a little confused I have to admit. You use to live in the middle upper area and the catchment was at the bottom or top? Because if it was at the top then you'd have a gravity feed, which would then mean you were purposely being bypassed. Which to say the least, is cruel.
    Catchment area was at the top. I lived in one of the upper plateaus, closer to the level where the catchment facility was.

It was in one of the poorer districts, so...while I'm going to say that that was a reason, I'm sure it was one of the reasons. Lol.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-10-2017 08:54 AM
    I can already tell I'm not going to be a fan of the battery life on the V20...lol...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2017 09:04 AM
    I can already tell I'm not going to be a fan of the battery life on the V20...lol...
    That's why the battery is removable 😂😂😂
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2017 09:06 AM
    It's amazing how many women I see with the plus sized iPhone...and some of them are the most petite ones too. I suppose it makes sense as you can throw that thing in a clutch and other sized purses.

The interesting part is you often see the cases these ladies use make the phone protected but a bit more humongous. Hey, I'd protect that super expensive tech too, so I don't blame them...
    07-10-2017 09:08 AM
    Yes, I'm in a chatting mood this morning. Waiting in a doctor's office will do that to you (everything is good on my end).
    07-10-2017 09:09 AM
    Yeah, I saw this coming considering the importance of battery life for you. xd
    07-10-2017 09:10 AM
    The DAC on this V20 hits the spot though. I didn't have to fiddle with the volume of the phone with the DAC enabled at all...things were loud and sound was still quite rich while riding the meat grinder that is MTA subways.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-10-2017 09:13 AM
    That's why the battery is removable 😂😂😂
    I wish LG's common sense module was removable so we could insert some into their leadership...
    libra89 likes this.
    07-10-2017 09:13 AM
    It's amazing how many women I see with the plus sized iPhone...and some of them are the most petite ones too. I suppose it makes sense as you can throw that thing in a clutch and other sized purses.

The interesting part is you often see the cases these ladies use make the phone protected but a bit more humongous. Hey, I'd protect that super expensive tech too, so I don't blame them...
    The accessory market for the iPhone is nuts. I have seen people literally change cases to match their outfits.

You're correct about that point though, I find that interesting myself from what I have noticed with the female YouTubers I follow. A lot of them have the plus iPhone (I'll even say that most, if not all of them, have that size). Interestingly enough, offline, my girl friends (and coworkers) who have iPhones have the regular sized one or a small one. I only know two ladies who have the Plus.

I was at a "party" last year that made me feel old (I know I'm not old, I just felt that way with the behavior of the other people there) and a girl kept asking me to hold her phone, which was a plus one. I started wondering if this is common, girls asking someone else to hold their big phone for a bit. I couldn't imagine that life for myself...
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-10-2017 09:15 AM

Such is modern life.
    Gravity fed systems require no assistance to convey. A perfect example is hot water systems used in hotels and other non-residential applications. A common setup in use is to have a rooftop boiler in conjunction with a collection tank. The boiler feeds primary hot water via the boosted domestic cold water system but there is a recirculation system that keeps hot water available instantly. That line is routed to a solar-powered collection tank and returns hot water back into the system. This keeps the boilers at bay until the demand increases and they fire up again. The water coming from the collector is purely gravity fed and in fact, pressure reducing stations are placed every 7-8 floors on the way down. The recirculation pumps are barely enough to keep the system flowing and do not factor in pressure calcs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-10-2017 09:16 AM
    I wish LG's common sense module was removable so we could insert some into their leadership...
    They did take your advice. Battery life on G6 was very good though.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-10-2017 09:17 AM
144,455 ... 54285429543054315432 ...