I used to chuckle as the last 1% raise i got was a take home increase of $20. No typos there...$20 increase.
    I assume that's per paycheck?

Mine ends up being around £50 more per paycheck. That's every four weeks...
    07-11-2017 10:50 AM
    I used to chuckle as the last 1% raise i got was a take home increase of $20. No typos there...$20 increase.
    Wow.
    Per check or for the month? Hopefully the former.
    07-11-2017 10:50 AM
    The only issue with timing is travel costs. :P

We haven't got everything setup but we're hoping to before we go this weekend. I'm taking Monday off so we can get cheaper flights.
    Sounds like a great plan to me. Good luck with the costs and flights.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-11-2017 10:51 AM
    Anyway, like I said, who care right? I'm changing lifestyle so... :)
    I'm curious to ask how you feel about that, but I'm wondering if it might be too early to say.
    07-11-2017 10:53 AM
    Wow.
    Per check or for the month? Hopefully the former.
    Per paycheck so that was an extra $40 per month as I got paid every fortnight. Still it was less than Rue's raise.
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    07-11-2017 10:54 AM
    I'm curious to ask how you feel about that, but I'm wondering if it might be too early to say.
    This has been in the pipeline for some time so it's not like we weren't planning it in the future. However, we just brought things forward, with some additional bits to be added.

Yes it's a touch stressful but we think it's the 'best time' to do it. That's the key. If I could do it differently I would but unfortunately the UK just isn't setup for temporary accommodation that allows pets that doesn't cost a fortune. Otherwise I would be holding off until next year to officially move.

So, this is where I am. I've gotten over the 'worried' part but I know I have something to fall back on if things go pear shaped and my wife's business is mostly online so I think we're in a good place. It's really about the alignment now.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-11-2017 11:01 AM
    That's true. Or if B&H sells it, I can try the Q6 and if I don't like it, I can return it and possibly try the Sony if there's a random price drop.

Using the size compare tool (from Phone Arena) puts it 0.05 in shorter and 0.01 in narrower than the Google Pixel, which has me interested in giving it a try.
    I'm not sure you'll be able to discern the difference in size at all with those tiny differences especially with whatever case you decide to get.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-11-2017 11:01 AM
    Don't wait too long. Even renewing a US passport isn't as easy as it used to be.
    Wasn't too bad when I had to renew my kid's passport in a hurry for a trip which Singapore Airlines reminded us after we purchased the tickets. I paid the expedite charge and we got the passport in 1.5 weeks. The renewal date is a cool 2020-01-01. Applied on 12-23-2014.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-11-2017 11:04 AM
    In 2004 my pay increased but so did the price of insurance and I got pushed into a higher tax bracket. Net result, less take home pay than the year prior.
    07-11-2017 11:06 AM
    It's summer and the LA airport is just as bad as rush hours traffic on 405!
    07-11-2017 11:07 AM
    First time visiting Iowa tomorrow. Drive by for 1 hour in 2004 doesn't count.
    MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    07-11-2017 11:08 AM
    In 2004 my pay increased but so did the price of insurance and I got pushed into a higher tax bracket. Net result, less take home pay than the year prior.
    I'm sure you would have had the same reaction i did when I first saw that $20 increase...
    07-11-2017 11:13 AM
    I'm sure you would have had the same reaction i did when I first saw that $20 increase...
    Oh I think it was at par or worse than yours!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-11-2017 11:22 AM
    This has been in the pipeline for some time so it's not like we weren't planning it in the future. However, we just brought things forward, with some additional bits to be added.

Yes it's a touch stressful but we think it's the 'best time' to do it. That's the key. If I could do it differently I would but unfortunately the UK just isn't setup for temporary accommodation that allows pets that doesn't cost a fortune. Otherwise I would be holding off until next year to officially move.

So, this is where I am. I've gotten over the 'worried' part but I know I have something to fall back on if things go pear shaped and my wife's business is mostly online so I think we're in a good place. It's really about the alignment now.
    Ohh okay, I see. Sounds like you two are just ready to do it.
    07-11-2017 11:34 AM
    I'm not sure you'll be able to discern the difference in size at all with those tiny differences especially with whatever case you decide to get.
    Solid point but for me, I don't buy any cases unless I decide to keep the phone. Trust that I will notice it. I noticed it right away using the Pixel coming from the Honor 8 and the difference felt good to me. Sometimes one hand usage meant me shifting the phone a little bit and it would be nice not to do that.

Edit: I might not notice the difference in usage but I will surely notice it in my pocket and that is part of where it matters for me 50% of the time.
    07-11-2017 11:36 AM
    Wow that sucks :/
    07-11-2017 11:39 AM
    Solid point but for me, I don't buy any cases unless I decide to keep the phone. Trust that I will notice it. I noticed it right away using the Pixel coming from the Honor 8 and the difference felt good to me. Sometimes one hand usage meant me shifting the phone a little bit and it would be nice not to do that.
    Maybe the height difference of 1.3mm but not the .25mm difference in width, lol.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-11-2017 11:39 AM
    Maybe the height difference of 1.3mm but not the .25mm difference in width, lol.
    True point. I'll see how it goes in my favorite apps, I guess. I might notice it then haha. Occasionally, I have had to shift the Pixel while using some apps because of design (of the app, that is).
    07-11-2017 11:42 AM
    She might surprise you as she seems to be too sensitive to the in hand feel she is looking forward. Most likely she's got to roll it around and rub it a lot in hand to ensure it fits well...
    libra89 likes this.
    07-11-2017 11:54 AM
    She might surprise you as she seems to be too sensitive to the in hand feel she is looking forward. Most likely she's got to roll it around and rub it a lot in hand to ensure it fits well...
    I can't disagree with most of the comment. Let's just say that I am a very particular person but that might not be surprising.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    07-11-2017 12:00 PM
    I can't disagree with most of the comment. Let's just say that I am a very particular person but that might not be surprising.
    Why settle? If you were the conforming kind you wouldn't be a chronic switcher like me would you? Anybody gives you any lip just tell them you're here for a good time, not a long time.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-11-2017 12:53 PM
    Why settle? If you were the conforming kind you wouldn't be a chronic switcher like me would you? Anybody gives you any lip just tell them you're here for a good time, not a long time.
    That's true. You're so right. I'll keep that in mind.
    07-11-2017 01:26 PM
    Why are you greasing the skids so much?
    07-11-2017 01:30 PM
    Free gogo Internet thanks to TMO is awesome!
    07-11-2017 01:30 PM
    Free gogo Internet thanks to TMO is awesome!
    Nice! Safe travels.
    07-11-2017 01:33 PM
142,730 ... 54325433543454355436 ...