WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Got a friend moving over to the UK from the USA later this year. Can't wait to meet them! Plus I'm hoping we can go to Play Expo together (the partner probably won't be able to make it over from Belgium). And hopefully PAX East next year.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Downloaded Windows 10 IoT and looking forward to receiving my Raspberry Pi 2 from RS Components this week!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So over the weekend I went to the birthplace of... Cheddar cheese.

Known as Cheddar. Yep, a town named Cheddar. They have this famous area known as Cheddar Gorge and some caves where they still age cheddar, which they've been doing since the 12th century.

So of course I had to buy some!

uploadfromtaptalk1433740189573.jpeg

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Known as Cheddar. Yep, a town named Cheddar. They have this famous area known as Cheddar Gorge and some caves where they still age cheddar, which they've been doing since the 12th century.

View attachment 106111

That is really cool! I never knew the cheese was named after the town that invented it.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 106111

Yeah that's quite cool. Is it very strong?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is really cool! I never knew the cheese was named after the town that invented it.

Neither did I until we started thinking of going there. We heard of Cheddar Gorge but didn't associate it as the place where the cheese originated from. Seems kind of silly when you think of it as lots of things are named after the places that make it. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah that's quite cool. Is it very strong?

This particular one is very strong. They had different ages and even flavoured cheese. I like a strong sharp cheese personally.

I've also gotten used to the idea that cheddar cheese isn't supposed to be orange... :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

This particular one is very strong. They had different ages and even flavoured cheese. I like a strong sharp cheese personally.

I've also gotten used to the idea that cheddar cheese isn't supposed to be orange... :p
I think the orange cheddar cheese is an American invention.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think the orange cheddar cheese is an American invention.

I just did a quick read to find out. It seems the colour of the cheese is indeed a dye that gets added. It's the ground up seeds of a tropical tree.

Why they started to do it is for deception. When cheddar first appeared it had generally two colours. One a bit more yellow (grass fed cows in spring) the other more white (hay fed cows in winter). The more yellow version of cheddar was more tasty and the colour was base on the cow's diet. So to trick consumers into thinking white cheese was the more tasty yellow cheese they started to dye it. I guess it got a bit out of hand so now it's orange.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks...stuck in a long *** check in line (and I'm not the one flying)...SMH...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That sucks and that's really early morning!

I hate checking in luggage...

I hate going through airport security more. I'm leaving after my friend flight leaves to go straight to work...so I've been in my work attire since 12:30am.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hate going through airport security more. I'm leaving after my friend flight leaves to go straight to work...so I've been in my work attire since 12:30am.

Posted via Xperia Z3

That is way too early. Did you even sleep?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That is way too early. Did you even sleep?

Nope. We had too much to do to get ready. Haven't slept since Saturday night going into Sunday morning.

Had a cup of BLACK coffee and that'll get me until lunch. Will get the sleep in tonight, that's for sure.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nope. We had too much to do to get ready. Haven't slept since Saturday night going into Sunday morning.

Had a cup of BLACK coffee and that'll get me until lunch. Will get the sleep in tonight, that's for sure.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I don't think I could even think of doing something like that...o_O

Man you must be hurting a touch. :p Even with coffee I'd be a mess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa