Not yet. I am going to start looking sometime later in the coming week.
    Ah okay, I wish you good luck!
    07-22-2017 04:13 PM
    99 will tell you I've gone through a ton of phones that "almost hit the spot".
    That sounds so frustrating to deal with, especially if it doesn't seem like you want everything under the sun but it's still a challenge.
    07-22-2017 04:14 PM
    Was with some of the friends in my friend group yesterday (in this case, it was 3 guys). They all said that I don't seem like someone that would be into baseball...and I don't get what that is supposed to mean. One of them asked me if I have any gear for the team and I said yes. Same friend asked if I know who one of the players are and course I did. Then he said that he's never seen me wear any gear and my response was that maybe if we go to a game, you'll be able to see that in action. Another friend said that I seem like one who will would fake cheer.

I hate going through this with people, especially guys. I really don't get it at all honestly. We exist. Dang. I hope we go to a game so that I can outcheer all of them and have a good time! lol

Alternatively, I need to find some ladies who are also into it, that would ease this.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-22-2017 04:34 PM
    Was with some of the friends in my friend group yesterday (in this case, it was 3 guys). They all said that I don't seem like someone that would be into baseball...and I don't get what that is supposed to mean. One of them asked me if I have any gear for the team and I said yes. Same friend asked if I know who one of the players are and course I did. Then he said that he's never seen me wear any gear and my response was that maybe if we go to a game, you'll be able to see that in action. Another friend said that I seem like one who will would fake cheer.

I hate going through this with people, especially guys. I really don't get it at all honestly. We exist. Dang. I hope we go to a game so that I can outcheer all of them and have a good time! lol

Alternatively, I need to find some ladies who are also into it, that would ease this.
    One of my good female friends is a entertainment security consultant who is a die hard sports (NFL football, baseball, and basketball) fan. And she knows her sports very well. She always tell me stories of providing security for NFL players and some have tried to test her sports knowledge and when she gets rolling, their ears perked up.

It happens, just ignore the pricks and keep it moving.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-22-2017 06:37 PM
    One of my good female friends is a entertainment security consultant who is a die hard sports (NFL football, baseball, and basketball) fan. And she knows her sports very well. She always tell me stories of providing security for NFL players and some have tried to test her sports knowledge and when she gets rolling, their ears perked up.

It happens, just ignore the pricks and keep it moving.
    Wow your friend's job sounds really interesting.

You're right about that. I have dealt with it, but I always forget that this is a thing still...until it happens.
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-22-2017 07:55 PM

You're right about that. I have dealt with it, but I always forget that this is a thing still...until it happens.
    She's seen as much things in her profession she cannot share as I've seen working with the youth I did.

Yes, that sort of crap still exists and is unlikely to go away anytime soon...
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2017 09:47 PM
    That sounds so frustrating to deal with, especially if it doesn't seem like you want everything under the sun but it's still a challenge.
    It was expensive and a hassle. I'm glad it's over, for the most part.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2017 09:48 PM
    Not yet. I am going to start looking sometime later in the coming week.
    I'm sure you'll find it at a suitable price and then flip it at some point...
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2017 09:49 PM
    I'm sure you'll find it at a suitable price and then flip it at some point...
    As soon as the Pixel 2 is available for sale.
    07-22-2017 10:03 PM
    It was expensive and a hassle. I'm glad it's over, for the most part.
    True, I can believe (and agree with) that. It really is. I'm aware that the "perfect" phone doesn't exist but I think it can be worth it to seek the best possible fit up to a point.

Sounds like you have arrived essentially. I think I might have. Keyword being might.
    07-22-2017 10:03 PM
    Right on cue...
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2017 10:07 PM
    Hopefully they will do a better job with availability but we will see.
    07-22-2017 10:09 PM
    True, I can believe (and agree with) that. It really is. I'm aware that the "perfect" phone doesn't exist but I think it can be worth it to seek the best possible fit up to a point.

Sounds like you have arrived essentially. I think I might have. Keyword being might.
    It's about what I'm willing to accept. If I wanted my phone to be a phone for calls, basic communication, the occasional very good picture and the latest software updates: it's either a Pixel or a KeyOne.

If I want a better multimedia experience at the cost of slower updates, then I can get a HTC U or a LG V series or use my Mi Note 2, which is very solid for that.

I suppose I'm still searching for the successor to the Xperia Z3.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2017 10:19 PM
    Hopefully they will do a better job with availability but we will see.
    Lol. Doubt it.
    07-22-2017 10:26 PM
    It's about what I'm willing to accept. If I wanted my phone to be a phone for calls, basic communication, the occasional very good picture and the latest software updates: it's either a Pixel or a KeyOne.

If I want a better multimedia experience at the cost of slower updates, then I can get a HTC U or a LG V series or use my Mi Note 2, which is very solid for that.

Ah okay. I think that's a valid thing to want a successor for the Z3. I have heard so much about that phone, along with the Z3 Compact. I can get you feeling that way.
    07-22-2017 10:31 PM

The only flaw for me the Z3 has was the camera. But even then, I got some good shots from it. It had fluid enough software (that phone on 4.4.4 was such a beast), great design, water resistance, rapid charging, good screen, very good audio (although on the quieter side), expandable storage and good size. Phone was a pain to use in the winter as it got very cold due to the metal and glass.

One of my top 3 overall phone experiences of all time. I thought about getting another one as a spare, but I have the Z3 Tablet Compact, which replicates most of that experience.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2017 10:39 PM
    Ah okay. I think that's a valid thing to want a successor for the Z3. I have heard so much about that phone, along with the Z3 Compact. I can get you feeling that way.
    The Z3 funny enough was a iteration to the Z2 (much slimmer). People initially shat on it because it seemed an iteration. But I was able to test the Z2 and Z3 side by side and boy, the Z3 was a smoother, better feeling device. The Z3/Z2was by far the best Sony high end phone in the Z series. That Z3 series line was really good...a pity it didn't get 7.0 thanks to Google.

It wasn't flawless, but the Z3 was a damn fine phone.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-22-2017 10:45 PM

I get the other end. I don't like sports at all and I can tell that the 'guys' think it's weird. Especially in the place I live where people are really into their soccer. Don't get me started on what it was like in Australia. Saying they're sports nuts isn't the right word.

As MIA said, just ignore them. People have preconceived ideas of what people should look like or act like. When you don't fit their world view it is their problem.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-23-2017 02:45 AM
    Ooh okay, I see. Looks and sounds like a gem has been found. Good luck with the process! I think it would be cool to take before and after pictures to always have the memory.
    This won't be the first time we did renovations. The place I live in currently was fully renovated. Not to the extent that this place in France will need but it was pretty thorough.

I'll find some pics and show you the difference. Of course the pictures don't tell the whole story. We had new widows, doors, electrics, plumbing and heating installed along with some internal changes to walls.

Having the experience already makes it a bit easier.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-23-2017 02:50 AM
    Of course you would say no. Lol.

I would have be more surprised if you said yes.
    It's just the latest fad to sell cheap plastic things at an inflated price tag. They'll be forgotten and put in landfill... Yay!
    07-23-2017 02:52 AM
    It's just the latest fad to sell cheap plastic things at an inflated price tag. They'll be forgotten and put in landfill... Yay!
    Some of these things are metal too, I'll have you know...
    07-23-2017 06:54 AM
    This won't be the first time we did renovations. The place I live in currently was fully renovated. Not to the extent that this place in France will need but it was pretty thorough.

I'll find some pics and show you the difference. Of course the pictures don't tell the whole story. We had new widows, doors, electrics, plumbing and heating installed along with some internal changes to walls.

Having the experience already makes it a bit easier.
    Wow, I had no idea. That's cool then! Sounds like you'll be just fine.
    07-23-2017 08:11 AM
    Some of these things are metal too, I'll have you know...
    Ooooo! Fancy....
    MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    07-23-2017 09:34 AM
    Ooooo! Fancy....
    Just the way you like it...
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    07-23-2017 09:35 AM
    We are having the crappiest weather. Of all the weekends to be this crap it had to be this one.
    07-23-2017 11:11 AM
143,621 ... 54445445544654475448 ...