The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    No Brexit is the reason for moving. It looks like Maybot is going to be removed by another horrible person of some sort. This is not surprising. No idea which horrible person yet...

However, that doesn't change the reality. Brexit is why we are moving and why thousands of others are doing the same.

To put into perspective, my wife has lost about 80% of her business due to this mess. That's not simply because EU citizens are not coming over anymore but also due to the uncertainty so people are not spending money as they don't know what's going to happen.

That's more than enough reason to leave. However, add in how unwelcome we feel now and you realise that moving is the only option. Why stay in a hostile environment?

The weather side is a plus but it does rain there and apparently the winters can be a bit harsh. Summers are definitely better though. We're looking forward to the change. Timeline is a bit up in the air but at least we're heading in the right direction.

It's just unfortunate the currency is taking a major hit... :/
    Bad political references aside, I don't blame you guys for wanting to go. No one wants to stay in a space where they feel unwelcomed; sometimes if you can leave, that may be the best choice.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Windows Central mobile app
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-24-2017 06:09 AM
    Another day, another set of subway riders getting screwed by MTA delays...
    07-24-2017 06:11 AM
    I'll wait to for the that to show before I post the others... no point otherwise.
    I can see the floor plan pictures, thanks for sharing.
    07-24-2017 06:15 AM
    I can see the floor plan pictures, thanks for sharing.
    I posted (or tried to) 8 'before' photos. I guess I've learnt that more than four is no good...
    libra89 likes this.
    07-24-2017 06:44 AM
    I don't mean to whine but I've had a post in moderation for almost three hours now. I've come to the conclusion there are no mods on prior to the 'US' waking up... how sad. So much for an international forum.

Any mods passing, just delete it and I'll re-post so it doesn't get moderated. This is just silly.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 07-24-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    07-24-2017 06:58 AM
    Surprisingly, the grip on the V20 without a case can be slippery and inconsistent.

Due to the narrower profile, the Mi Note 2 is easier to wield. Still like the in hand feel of the XL the best of the three.
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    07-24-2017 07:08 AM
    We unfortunately live in a complicated world that's often repackaged into a sequences of binary duopolies.
    07-24-2017 07:30 AM
    This is total BS. One post went into moderation again. WTF??? This new system on here is total garbage.
    07-24-2017 07:35 AM
    So forget that I guess. Just wanted to share. I guess someone doesn't want me to.

I've had enough now.
    07-24-2017 07:36 AM
    So my digging so far has implied that it is possible to manually flash the V20'S upgrade. Now the devil is in the details. Think I'll try sometime tomorrow to see how I get on.
    07-24-2017 07:36 AM
    No point posting only some of the photos. So I deleted the other posts.
    07-24-2017 07:43 AM
    So the BEFORE pictures have finally been approved. So if you backtrack you can see those. I'll contact the mod who released those and ask if they will approve the next set I upload... sigh.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-24-2017 08:22 AM
    So the renovation pictures of the same areas.

Reception

new-reception.jpeg

Reception and stairs

new-reception-stairs.jpg

Kitchen (now downstairs bathroom and utility)

downstairs-bathroom.jpg

Second reception (now Kitchen)

new-kitchen.jpg

Kitchen towards Reception (now Utility towards kitchen)

toward-yard.jpg

Upstairs bathroom

new-upstairs-bathroom.jpg

Bedroom 1

new-bedroom.jpg

Bedroom 2 (our Office)

office.jpg
    07-24-2017 08:32 AM
    Lastly, a picture of our yard towards the garage

Old

yard-towards-garage.jpg

New

new-yard.jpg
    07-24-2017 08:40 AM
    Nice job on the renovation, Rue.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    07-24-2017 08:51 AM
    Seriously wow! Amazing work Rue! I bet the France home will look amazing once when you are done at some point down the line.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-24-2017 09:11 AM
    Saw a Key One in the wild today. God, that thing is so striking...
    07-24-2017 09:18 AM
    Saw a Key One in the wild today. God, that thing is so striking...
    Ooh I'm jealous. I hear that Sprint stores have them now.
    07-24-2017 09:51 AM
    Yesterday, I told my sister to check out the Samsung Galaxy S8 and the S7 Edge as well to tell me a preference for which one she likes. I hope that she does so that I can start to search for deals possibly, if any, especially since she prefers new phones (and Samsung at that).

Related, my aunt came with an iPad but no charger. I was looking at an iPad charger but it looks like they don't come with a lightning cable. Seriously?! I hope that I am seeing this wrong, but this asking for a charger to charge her iPad is making it hard for me to deal with this. Why does Apple do this? I think I might just order in a batch with the charger (one for her and one for me) and the cable, along with an iPod nano cable. I can't find my cable, which sucks because it needs a charge.

On second thought, I'll pass on one for myself unless I can find any of these things cheaper on Amazon...

Edit: Yes Amazon has much cheaper options for the cables, phew.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-24-2017 10:05 AM
    Ooh I'm jealous. I hear that Sprint stores have them now.
    Haven't seen them in the Sprint stores I've walked into. I saw this one on the subway. Looks really good in person. Really nostalgic, but updated design.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-24-2017 10:22 AM
    Haven't seen them in the Sprint stores I've walked into. I saw this one on the subway. Looks really good in person. Really nostalgic, but updated design.
    Ooh that is so cool though. I can imagine that it looks really nice as well.
    07-24-2017 10:38 AM
    Ooh that is so cool though. I can imagine that it looks really nice as well.
    Very grown up and professional. I loved it.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-24-2017 10:39 AM
    I like the V20. I don't like its inconsistent battery life. I have a spare battery now.

Do I want to go back to the battery swapping life? Last time I did that, I owned a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Do I think a newer firmware will help? F no. More to consider indeed.
    07-24-2017 10:44 AM
    I like the V20. I don't like its inconsistent battery life. I have a spare battery now.

Do I want to go back to the battery swapping life? Last time I did that, I owned a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Do I think a newer firmware will help? F no. More to consider indeed.
    It reminds me a lot of the G4 - standby time is very good, but actual battery is is like turning on a faucet. I'm hopeful the newer firmware update will help, but I doubt it.

There's a lot to like here. The V20 definitely takes over the role the XL has a more fun to use camera (even though I think image quality the XL's main camera is better than the V20'S). Still more to think on.
    07-24-2017 12:02 PM
    It reminds me a lot of the G4 - standby time is very good, but actual battery is is like turning on a faucet. I'm hopeful the newer firmware update will help, but I doubt it.

There's a lot to like here. The V20 definitely takes over the role the XL has a more fun to use camera (even though I think image quality the XL's main camera is better than the V20'S). Still more to think on.
    Ahh this sounds like a pain. That is going to be a tough decision. I can see this being a real annoyance though.
    07-24-2017 12:45 PM
142,790 ... 54465447544854495450 ...