The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Bought an S7 edge for my sister from the cyber Monday sale at Best buy but I'm debating if I should return it or not.
    She still has inlaws with her for this week and next. By that time though, the return period is up essentially.

Edit: Looking at the alternatives for my sister and where to get it from, I'll have to make a decision soon.
    Last edited by libra89; 07-24-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-24-2017 01:14 PM
    Excellent job Rue. I love the Euro plumbing fixtures, too bad they can't be sold here in the Colonies (code issues).

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-24-2017 01:32 PM
    My sister got back to me and she thinks that the s8 is "a little long", just as I thought. I need to find out how much better the battery life on the S7 Edge is over the regular one.
    07-24-2017 03:39 PM
    Excellent job Rue. I love the Euro plumbing fixtures, too bad they can't be sold here in the Colonies (code issues).

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
    That's odd though not surprising. I personally think codes are enforced just to make money half the time.

My time dealing with CSA, UL, IEC and other agencies makes me certain of this.
    07-24-2017 03:55 PM
    My sister got back to me and she thinks that the s8 is "a little long", just as I thought. I need to find out how much better the battery life on the S7 Edge is over the regular one.
    99 can better answer that. From what I remember he told me, the S7 gets the better battery life. If she is like you and prefers it compact, she can still make out decently with the S7.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-24-2017 04:30 PM
    99 can better answer that. From what I remember he told me, the S7 gets the better battery life. If she is like you and prefers it compact, she can still make out decently with the S7.
    Hmm, that's interesting. I mainly got the S7 edge for her because the battery life was said to be better. If it's not worth it (she doesn't want it big but she said that she would take it for better battery life), an exchange is in my future. She likes it small but not as small as I go lol, so the S7 would be preferred.
    07-24-2017 05:26 PM
    Hmm, that's interesting. I mainly got the S7 edge for her because the battery life was said to be better. If it's not worth it (she doesn't want it big but she said that she would take it for better battery life), an exchange is in my future. She likes it small but not as small as I go lol, so the S7 would be preferred.
    What we've seen with Samsung is that since the S6 the larger variant always gets better battery life. If she's chasing the better battery life, the bigger is the way to go.

You may want to poke around with others to do some research. Or try to catch 99 if you can, as he's used them both.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-24-2017 05:49 PM
    I can't speak for the S7 but I can definitely vouch for the S8+. It's got killer battery life.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
    07-24-2017 07:37 PM
    What we've seen with Samsung is that since the S6 the larger variant always gets better battery life. If she's chasing the better battery life, the bigger is the way to go.

You may want to poke around with others to do some research. Or try to catch 99 if you can, as he's used them both.
    I can believe that. I'm going to let her try it out and see how she deals with the edge. If she hates it, I have seen a few deals for the regular S7.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-24-2017 08:56 PM
    I can believe that. I'm going to let her try it out and see how she deals with the edge. If she hates it, I have seen a few deals for the regular S7.
    Sounds like a plan.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-24-2017 08:58 PM
    Solid stuff indeed. 99 and myself would agree.

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=h...3&share_type=b
    Xiaomi Mi Note 2 XDA Review: A Capable Flagship and a Solid First Step Onto the World Stage
    07-24-2017 09:38 PM
    Better weather in France where I'm planning to live.
    Do you speak French?
    libra89 likes this.
    07-25-2017 12:22 AM
    Do you speak French?
    I learnt it in school when I was younger but that was a long time ago and the French in Canada is different than the French in France so though it might have helped it may only have confused things.

We're going to take classes when we get there.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 07-25-2017 at 05:19 AM.
    07-25-2017 01:39 AM
    Made it really early to the conference that is about 50 miles away from home.
    It is my first and it will be interesting, hopefully.

Unfortunately I forgot to carry business cards. Can you tell this is my first time? Lol
    07-25-2017 06:34 AM

Unfortunately I forgot to carry business cards. Can you tell this is my first time? Lol
    How else are you supposed to learn if not through mistakes? You won't forget the next time. If it makes you feel better, I leave my cards in my truck ALL the time.

07-25-2017 09:26 AM

Business cards? What are those things? I haven't had them for about 14 years...
    07-25-2017 10:14 AM
    Business cards? What are those things? I haven't had them for about 14 years...
    I need to throw out the few extra old ones I have from the old job.
    07-25-2017 10:18 AM

Enjoy! Conferences are usually good ways to get away from the work site.
    07-25-2017 10:19 AM
    S7 edge battery life is better than S7.
    S8 battery life is quite good though and supposedly S8+ is even better.
    I have had no issues with my S8 and am beginning to like it better than my S7edge.
    07-25-2017 12:30 PM
    So I get a notification on my phone and it's weird because I see no live tiles active. Pull down the shade and see this advisory. Are you effin kidding me? Heat advisory when it's "only" 86 and thunderstorms 10 miles to the West over the Everglades? Oh yeah, the heat index is in the 110s - welcome to South Florida, now go home.

wp_ss_20170725_0001.jpg
    07-25-2017 12:59 PM
    So I like the look of the Moto Z² Force. I don't like the smaller battery and am indifferent about the missing headphone jack. I dislike the price. I'm wary about the camera and Moto software update policy. Still, I'll go look at it in the stores.
    07-25-2017 03:41 PM
    How else are you supposed to learn if not through mistakes? You won't forget the next time. If it makes you feel better, I leave my cards in my truck ALL the time.

You're so right about that. I did regret not having them at one point today so I can say that I have learned for sure.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-25-2017 04:02 PM
    Enjoy! Conferences are usually good ways to get away from the work site.
    Thank you! It was an interesting conference.

It was a conference for academic libraries (librarians and library staff both included) and it was really good. It was nice to see some people who look like me doing this too, along with other young people in the field too. The sessions were great and I went with two of my coworkers (We all rode separately). I'm glad that I went.
    07-25-2017 04:05 PM
    S7 edge battery life is better than S7.
    S8 battery life is quite good though and supposedly S8+ is even better.
    I have had no issues with my S8 and am beginning to like it better than my S7edge.
    Hmm interesting. That's good to know, thank you.

What makes it better for you (I mean liking the s8 over the s7 edge)? The display? Battery life? Something else?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-25-2017 04:08 PM
    Thank you! It was an interesting conference.

It was a conference for academic libraries (librarians and library staff both included) and it was really good. It was nice to see some people who look like me doing this too, along with other young people in the field too. The sessions were great and I went with two of my coworkers (We all rode separately). I'm glad that I went.
    That's awesome. Conferences are good places to learn new things and network. Glad you enjoyed it.
    07-25-2017 04:11 PM
142,819 ... 54475448544954505451 ...