All and neither at the same time. I think my current work predicament is distracting me, and rightfully so. It's also why I shifted gears to the photo stuffs instead. Easier to pick through and take and post pictures sometimes than write content.
    That makes sense because it's such a massive thing. Just do what works for you.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-06-2017 07:39 PM
    That makes sense because it's such a massive thing. Just do what works for you.
    Just a few things are happening with it, that's why. Once that works out, my head will be more free to do content.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-06-2017 07:43 PM
    Just a few things are happening with it, that's why. Once that works out, my head will be more free to do content.
    That's totally understandable. I hope you get to enjoy the photo blogs!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-06-2017 07:45 PM
    That's totally understandable. I hope you get to enjoy the photo blogs!
    randomsmartphonephotography.wordpress.com

New stuff will start rolling out on Tuesday, but you can look at the opening comment now if you want. Got stuff scheduled through November so far from the V20, Honor 8 and Lumia 920.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-06-2017 07:48 PM
    randomsmartphonephotography.wordpress.com

New stuff will start rolling out on Tuesday, but you can look at the opening comment now if you want. Got stuff scheduled through November so far from the V20, Honor 8 and Lumia 920.
    Nice! Looking forward to more, thanks for sharing.
    08-06-2017 07:55 PM
    Nice! Looking forward to more, thanks for sharing.
    No problem. I put up a picture in the first post and the about section to keep with the theme. I'm curious to see how the layout will look once more pictures are posted.

Things may look a little raw to start out, but I hope to find the right mix and stick with that for a while. We'll see.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-06-2017 08:09 PM
    I find it interesting how I'm going a bit old school managing the blog on my phone again. I remember those days banging out drafts...

I do agree that the V20 is a content creator aimed device. I suppose having the ability to use a nice camera and snap photos and schedule them really helps. There's a lot to like here...and some niggles that cause for concern.
    On the note of the V20, I can get why it is challenging. I can picture a lot of fun with the tools that it has, especially in your case. I could see you missing those cameras (and that audio experience) if it was gone. You might miss it too much.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-06-2017 08:55 PM
    On the note of the V20, I can get why it is challenging. I can picture a lot of fun with the tools that it has, especially in your case. I could see you missing those cameras (and that audio experience) if it was gone. You might miss it too much.
    You're correct. We'll see though, as I have tons of time before I decide.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-06-2017 09:21 PM
    Slowly but surely, in those quiet moments, the fog of writer's block is starting to dissipate...
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-06-2017 11:39 PM
    Libra, you might like this review:

libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-06-2017 11:54 PM
    This was interesting in passing. Not sure it means anything but it goes with the current 'thinking' at MS I suppose.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0..._10_k_fy_2017/
    08-07-2017 07:56 AM
    Libra, you might like this review:

You're in my head, this review was recommended for me to watch. I liked his take on it, it reminds me why the G6 is still interesting to me.
    08-07-2017 08:00 AM
    You're in my head, this review was recommended for me to watch. I liked his take on it, it reminds me why the G6 is still interesting to me.
    It's a solid review for a pretty good phone. Because I figured there was going to be a price drop, I would have waited until the fall to buy a G6 if it was still at the top of my list.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-07-2017 08:58 AM
    This was interesting in passing. Not sure it means anything but it goes with the current 'thinking' at MS I suppose.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0..._10_k_fy_2017/
    No surprise there. They just bit off more than they could chew worth mobile and have decided to cut their losses. Sad, really.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-07-2017 10:26 AM
    No surprise there. They just bit off more than they could chew worth mobile and have decided to cut their losses. Sad, really.
    Well according to all the fans of MS, they're concentrating on the 'next big thing' or 'the future' if you believe the hype.

For some reason, smarphones seems to have a limited lifespan whereas the PC can have several decades. Not sure I believe those who say this.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-07-2017 10:31 AM
    Smartphone have a limited lifespan due to OEMs wanting to keep their hands in your pocket as opposed to them truly not working after two years.

I see Note 4's, HTC M8's and the occasional S4. Those run just fine...in fact, the M8 may have gotten some of the longest support from HTC. It's marketing.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-07-2017 11:10 AM
    Smartphone have a limited lifespan due to OEMs wanting to keep their hands in your pocket as opposed to them truly not working after two years.

I see Note 4's, HTC M8's and the occasional S4. Those run just fine...in fact, the M8 may have gotten some of the longest support from HTC. It's marketing.
    Interesting that you say that. My sister had an S4 before switching carriers. On your note about seeing those, that's really interesting, as my sister noted that she sees a lot of people with her phone now, which feels weird to her.

I haven't seen a M8 in a while.
    08-07-2017 12:50 PM
    Interesting that you say that. My sister had an S4 before switching carriers. On your note about seeing those, that's really interesting, as my sister noted that she sees a lot of people with her phone now, which feels weird to her.

I haven't seen a M8 in a while.
    Since the S3 once Samsung's marketing took hold, you'll always see their flagships each year. I still see lots of S6s, S6Es, S7s, S7Es, Note 5s, S8s, S8+s. Along with all sorts of iPhones. Saw a G6 in the wild today too. Seen V20's as well.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-07-2017 12:57 PM
    Since the S3 once Samsung's marketing took hold, you'll always see their flagships each year. I still see lots of S6s, S6Es, S7s, S7Es, Note 5s, S8s, S8+s. Along with all sorts of iPhones. Saw a G6 in the wild today too. Seen V20's as well.
    Ooh I'm jealous. I have never seen a G6 in real life. Anyway, you're so right about that. I see those and iPhones a lot. Then again, you're in a place where you can probably easily spot phones. I'm not observant enough, lol.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-07-2017 01:59 PM
    Ahh someone got into a debate with me about most Android phones not having a silent/mute mode without going into Do Not Disturb.

Then they list 2 phones that have it. Two is in the minority and not the majority. That is something that bugged me a lot about the Pixel and several others I have tried.
    08-07-2017 10:09 PM
    Has anybody found a way to get in to the “skip ahead” boat? I think they closed the program before i can board.
    08-08-2017 12:08 AM
    Ahh someone got into a debate with me about most Android phones not having a silent/mute mode without going into Do Not Disturb.

Then they list 2 phones that have it. Two is in the minority and not the majority. That is something that bugged me a lot about the Pixel and several others I have tried.
    Every Android phone i owned can be muted but only the recent ones have DND.
    08-08-2017 12:12 AM
    Every Android phone i owned can be muted but only the recent ones have DND.
    Interesting! Maybe my trials are just really recent so I wonder what changed.
    I can't be bothered to list them all right now, but I remember the few that had it. Off the top of my head, the Nextbit Robin, Honor 8 and the Samsung galaxy A3 2017 are ones that have offered mute without DND and/or vibrate.
    08-08-2017 12:16 AM

I think you may have misunderstood what I was getting at.

There are several voices on this forum stating that the mobile form factor and mobile as we know it, is dying. That what we think of as smartphones is 'old and boring' and that there is a need for a shift to something new now.

This idea is one that's being touted by the Windows fans and article writers here. All with 'proofs' that there's a change coming and currently only MS is positioning itself to be the one to succeed at this by bringing out a new 2 in 1 form factor.

Whether they do or don't is irrelevant. I don't really see many flocking for 2 in 1 mobiles and I don't see many people complaining about smartphones in general. Those who are 'bored' are only those who don't appreciate what they have and what they can do with a smartphone.

Let's not get started on what MS's new device might cost and why anyone would want to pay top dollar for it. I'm not saying no one will buy, nor am I saying that enterprise might be interested (though this is more smaller enterprise or those that rely on mobile workers) not the type of work I do or many do stuck at desks because that's what our clients want.

I don't see why mobile has to change, which was my point. The only advances I really want to see is in screen technology where the screen is robust (doesn't break when you sneeze) and uses less energy so you have longer battery life. The other bit is a better battery in general and probably doing something about the radios, though that is a tough one.

Creating a new form factor isn't going to fix any of these issues in my view and really, what people want is to have what they desire at their fingertips. Why not fix those issues then worry about the 'next big thing'?
    libra89, TgeekB and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-08-2017 01:38 AM
    I think you may have misunderstood what I was getting at.

There are several voices on this forum stating that the mobile form factor and mobile as we know it, is dying. That what we think of as smartphones is 'old and boring' and that there is a need for a shift to something new now.

This idea is one that's being touted by the Windows fans and article writers here. All with 'proofs' that there's a change coming and currently only MS is positioning itself to be the one to succeed at this by bringing out a new 2 in 1 form factor.

Whether they do or don't is irrelevant. I don't really see many flocking for 2 in 1 mobiles and I don't see many people complaining about smartphones in general. Those who are 'bored' are only those who don't appreciate what they have and what they can do with a smartphone.

Let's not get started on what MS's new device might cost and why anyone would want to pay top dollar for it. I'm not saying no one will buy, nor am I saying that enterprise might be interested (though this is more smaller enterprise or those that rely on mobile workers) not the type of work I do or many do stuck at desks because that's what our clients want.

I don't see why mobile has to change, which was my point. The only advances I really want to see is in screen technology where the screen is robust (doesn't break when you sneeze) and uses less energy so you have longer battery life. The other bit is a better battery in general and probably doing something about the radios, though that is a tough one.

Creating a new form factor isn't going to fix any of these issues in my view and really, what people want is to have what they desire at their fingertips. Why not fix those issues then worry about the 'next big thing'?
    Actually, I understood. I just chose to ignore a good chunk of that argument because it would appear MSFT is switching to a nich status as Apple did out of necessity back in the days.

For me, MSFT with their dismantling of Nokia and the gap between the 930 and 950 lines proved they conceded Mobile in its current form. While it is prudent to try to figure out the next convergence of tech that causes that breakthrough similar to smartphones, I don't think we may find it for a while as it has to be something with the potential to be as ubiquitous as a computer or a mobile phone. I think AR and IoT are a good place to start, but access to the internet isn't yet a truly universal thing as access to food, water, shelter, clothing and education are.

What MSFT also has to do is to not sacrifice current money making venture at the expense of chasing the future. Shareholders will not be pleased.
    08-08-2017 08:44 AM
143,611 ... 54595460546154625463 ...