One more.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-10-2017 12:35 PM
    So I was finally able to stop in to a Sprint store today and spent time with the Moto E4, Z² Force and the Key One.

E4: I really liked it. My uncle used The Legend (Nokia 3310) for eons and I think the E4 is a great fit for him.

Z² Force: I love the in-hand feel and overall design, but Lenovo is bat $&#! nuts for the price point. Waiting to exhale burning clothes in the driveway scene insane. This won't sell.

Key One: the keyboard feels a bit cramped, compared to what I remember from the Bold 9720/9700. Still, I felt the muscle memory starting to loosen itself from its slumber when I started typing...

Am I as hype over the key one now...not as much as before. I'd try it in the $400 price point...I like it, but the audio has to be above average (I've heard).
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-10-2017 02:01 PM
    So I was finally able to stop in to a Sprint store today and spent time with the Moto E4, Z² Force and the Key One.

E4: I really liked it. My uncle used The Legend (Nokia 3310) for eons and I think the E4 is a great fit for him.

Z² Force: I love the in-hand feel and overall design, but Lenovo is bat $&#! nuts for the price point. Waiting to exhale burning clothes in the driveway scene insane. This won't sell.

Key One: the keyboard feels a bit cramped, compared to what I remember from the Bold 9720/9700. Still, I felt the muscle memory starting to loosen itself from its slumber when I started typing...

Am I as hype over the key one now...not as much as before. I'd try it in the $400 price point...I like it, but the audio has to be above average (I've heard).
    I agree that the E4 is a nice little phone. Not bad at all.

Lenovo is pushing the Z2 Force, we'll see how that goes. I have already seen TV ads for it this week.

I bet that the KeyOne keyboard felt nice to use. Interesting observations/thoughts. When you say that you'll try it for $400, that's with a price drop down the line, right or that price second hand in good condition or either one?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-10-2017 02:55 PM
    I agree that the E4 is a nice little phone. Not bad at all.

Lenovo is pushing the Z2 Force, we'll see how that goes. I have already seen TV ads for it this week.

I bet that the KeyOne keyboard felt nice to use. Interesting observations/thoughts. When you say that you'll try it for $400, that's with a price drop down the line, right or that price second hand in good condition or either one?
    I just wouldn't buy the Key One at full price right now, if I had the money.
    08-10-2017 03:36 PM

I think this is what Moto was trying to do to get consumers hype to buy the Z² Force...

...But this is what I think they really did to their hopes of getting good sales on the phone...

08-10-2017 04:16 PM
    I just wouldn't buy the Key One at full price right now, if I had the money.
    I concur. I love me some BlackBerry but $550 is too rich for this device.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
    08-10-2017 05:11 PM
    I find it interesting how I'm going a bit old school managing the blog on my phone again. I remember those days banging out drafts...

I do agree that the V20 is a content creator aimed device. I suppose having the ability to use a nice camera and snap photos and schedule them really helps. There's a lot to like here...and some niggles that cause for concern.
    I'll be the owner of a new unlocked LG V20 next week.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    08-10-2017 07:08 PM
    Wow.

What made you pick the V20?
    08-10-2017 07:10 PM
    Wow.

What made you pick the V20?
    I have the same question. I wonder why this over the Pixel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-10-2017 07:11 PM
    Congrats! I will be waiting on your impressions!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-10-2017 07:12 PM
    I have the same question. I wonder why this over the Pixel.
    Didn't think Laura would pick a Pixel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-10-2017 07:12 PM
    Didn't think Laura would pick a Pixel.
    Fair point. I recall her saying that it was a possibility months ago.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-10-2017 07:13 PM
    Fair point. I recall her saying that it was a possibility months ago.
    From what I remember, storage, and audio are very important to Laura...plus being to root and customize. The last piece is why I asked her picking the V20.
    08-10-2017 07:16 PM
    Why the V20? My MXPE is on its way out, so I need a new phone.

I want 5.7" screen and microSD card slot support. I'm also interested in the DAC on the LG V20. The camera isn't shabby on the LG V20 either. I could also replace the battery easily.
    MSFTisMIA, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    08-10-2017 08:03 PM

I want 5.7" screen and microSD card slot support. I'm also interested in the DAC on the LG V20. The camera isn't shabby on the LG V20 either. I could also replace the battery easily.
    Well, looks like I got a lot of that right...

The DAC + AMP is the truth. It should drive your audio equipment with NO worriesnwotu good sound. Even if you like to listen to music with the HiFi off, it is still pleasant.

My biggest complaint is LG treating the unlocked folks so-so in terms of updates. Still, if you plan to root and add things like Xposed, you're better off using the older firmwares for that. There's a solid XDA community, including a bounty up for APIs to the secondary display.

To me, it's a really good phone...for someone like me who wants to use it as is, I just wish LG was a bit better with doing updates. That's why I was asking.

I'm curious to see what software version yours is running...
    08-10-2017 08:08 PM

Ooh okay, I can understand that. It sounds like it is the ideal phone for you. I really hope that it will be a solid fit.
    Last edited by libra89; 08-10-2017 at 09:33 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-10-2017 09:04 PM
    So here's my software gripe. Since Google switched to that monthly security updates, I'd prefer more frequent security updates moreso getting exactly every version release.

Pixels offer both, which is nice...but you pay for it. Everyone else updates whenever they get to it. Blackberry has the medium I like.

I'd honestly go to a Pixel if Google said the hardware gets 3 full years support (OS and security updates), instead of the 2 years OS and 3 years security updates bit. Problem is, nobody outside of maybe Sony over a broader range of devices is doing that much better. Blackberry is doing solid between the Priv, Key One and the DTEK phones.

As much as I like cool features, I prefer a more secure experience. Until consumers demand this, we will get this varied continual **** show in terms of updates on Android.
    08-10-2017 09:05 PM
    Man... These flu meds are making me really really drowsy...

... !
    08-10-2017 10:21 PM
    Man... These flu meds are making me really really drowsy...

... !
    I hope you'll be feeling better soon.
    raycpl likes this.
    08-11-2017 12:24 AM
    So here's my software gripe. Since Google switched to that monthly security updates, I'd prefer more frequent security updates moreso getting exactly every version release.

Pixels offer both, which is nice...but you pay for it. Everyone else updates whenever they get to it. Blackberry has the medium I like.

I'd honestly go to a Pixel if Google said the hardware gets 3 full years support (OS and security updates), instead of the 2 years OS and 3 years security updates bit. Problem is, nobody outside of maybe Sony over a broader range of devices is doing that much better. Blackberry is doing solid between the Priv, Key One and the DTEK phones.

As much as I like cool features, I prefer a more secure experience. Until consumers demand this, we will get this varied continual **** show in terms of updates on Android.
    My main problems with the Pixel line are lack of microSD card support, size (the XL is only 5.5") and price.

I have no interest in physical keyboards, so no Priv or Key One for me. The DTEK phones aren't known for their cameras, and they are overpriced for the hardware that is offered.
    libra89, MSFTisMIA and worldspy99 like this.
    08-11-2017 12:29 AM
    I just don't feel the Moto line is as good as it used to be now that Lenovo owns it. I had to send my MXPE back twice for warranty service in the first year, and it's on its way out now that it's 22 months old.

Additionally, Moto is worse than many other OEMs in terms of updates. The MXPE still hasn't gotten any Nougat update, and the last security update was in December 2016.

I'll avoid Lenovo for now and in the future unless there is good evidence to show that QA and updates have improved.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-11-2017 12:36 AM
    A colleague got himself a Nokia6.. and he couldn't be happier as he could trade in his crappy Samsung.
    It does have a feel of 950XL when I held it for a while. Thin, boxy sharp edges. The screen looks decent, and Hotel California sound loud & clear from the speakers.
    Runs on Nougat. Took some shots, nothing extraordinary for a mid-range budget. Didn't like the camera UI. Guess I'm too used to the old Nokia/WP dial UI...

Don't think I'll every buy Android unless it's to accompany a drone which I have not make up my mind if I should get one. Too many NFZ popping up...
    ... !
    08-11-2017 01:16 AM
    I have to say, I'm no fan of open plan bathrooms with no doors...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 02:43 AM
    I think I'm getting the hang of this camera.
    dsc_0528.jpg
    08-11-2017 08:23 AM
    I have to say, I'm no fan of open plan bathrooms with no doors...
    I'm glad that you are probably going to avoid that during the renovation of the house in France.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 08:24 AM
144,455 ... 54615462546354645465 ...