This is towards Fira.
    dsc_0527.jpg
    08-11-2017 08:25 AM
    So as much as I like the Pixel and it's form factor, the screen on it just looks puny compared to what Samsung stuffed into the S8. I am going to keep the Pixel strictly for camera duty. Still not happy with the S8 camera.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-11-2017 08:26 AM
    My main problems with the Pixel line are lack of microSD card support, size (the XL is only 5.5") and price.

I have no interest in physical keyboards, so no Priv or Key One for me. The DTEK phones aren't known for their cameras, and they are overpriced for the hardware that is offered.
    I 100% agree here.
    I will say though that LG can fine tune the UI a bit more.
    Although Nova or a Pixel launcher (the one I'm using on my Huawei MediaPad M3) would solve most of those issues.
    Good luck Laura.
    08-11-2017 08:28 AM
    I think I'm getting the hang of this camera.
    Attachment 136986
    Great shots by the way!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-11-2017 08:49 AM
    So as much as I like the Pixel and it's form factor, the screen on it just looks puny compared to what Samsung stuffed into the S8. I am going to keep the Pixel strictly for camera duty. Still not happy with the S8 camera.
    Hmm that's really interesting that the Pixel screen feels smaller. I remember someone around these parts saying that they couldn't stand the ratio of the S8s. It's interesting how the experience can really vary from person to person, when it comes to this. I can get how you feel about the Pixel camera, I still really like that camera a lot.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 08:57 AM
    So here's my software gripe. Since Google switched to that monthly security updates, I'd prefer more frequent security updates moreso getting exactly every version release.

Pixels offer both, which is nice...but you pay for it. Everyone else updates whenever they get to it. Blackberry has the medium I like.

I'd honestly go to a Pixel if Google said the hardware gets 3 full years support (OS and security updates), instead of the 2 years OS and 3 years security updates bit. Problem is, nobody outside of maybe Sony over a broader range of devices is doing that much better. Blackberry is doing solid between the Priv, Key One and the DTEK phones.

As much as I like cool features, I prefer a more secure experience. Until consumers demand this, we will get this varied continual **** show in terms of updates on Android.
    Well said.

On the consumer point, I think this totally depends on the consumer. Some care, and some don't. For me, I'm more so bothered with not having 7.0 because of one feature that I'm missing hard. As warped as it sounds, I just want the update mainly for that reason, which is set to drop sometime in next couple of weeks. For you, it's more about the security.

Honestly, I think most are not bothered as long as their apps still work. I like the way that Sony does it as well too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 09:13 AM
    Hmm that's really interesting that the Pixel screen feels smaller. I remember someone around these parts saying that they couldn't stand the ratio of the S8s. It's interesting how the experience can really vary from person to person, when it comes to this. I can get how you feel about the Pixel camera, I still really like that camera a lot.
    That would be me. It's the reason I never even bothered with the G6 nor will I entertain the Pixel 2.
    08-11-2017 11:40 AM
    That would be me. It's the reason I never even bothered with the G6 nor will I entertain the Pixel 2.
    G6 is slightly chunkier than the S8 and pretty much every case I encountered for that phone was garbage and made the phone even more unwieldy to use. Otherwise it checks all the boxes - SD card support, flat screen (easier to find and apply a tempered glass screen protector), relatively compact size, decently large screen, great cameras, audio wasn't too shabby and battery life was decent. I figured out how to live with it using the Google Now launcher.

Hmm, if Pixel 2 disappoints me, I might pick up the G6 again. Although I am liking everything about the V30. Need more information about battery life though.
    08-11-2017 12:37 PM
    Ah okay. I figured it was you, but I didn't want to misquote lol.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-11-2017 01:59 PM
    LG G6: 78.3% screen to body ratio
    Galaxy S8: Infinity Edge Screen and 83% screen to body ratio
    iPhone 8 : Close to Samsung or even higher with wraparound camera/sensor panel
    Pixel 2: Hold dat giant bezel 70% screen to body ratio

Yup, definitely not a fan of that ginormous chin!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 03:59 PM
    I think I'm getting the hang of this camera.
    Attachment 136986
    That's awesome!
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-11-2017 07:34 PM
    I 100% agree here.
    I will say though that LG can fine tune the UI a bit more.
    Although Nova or a Pixel launcher (the one I'm using on my Huawei MediaPad M3) would solve most of those issues.
    Good luck Laura.
    It'll be Nova Prime for me. That's already what I've used on my previous Moto devices.
    08-11-2017 07:35 PM
    I'll probably get this clear case for my V20, since I want to show off the silver colour. Speck Products Presidio Clear Cell Phone Case for LG V20 - Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRHYBL8...pUvbUpU3696358

In other news, the V20 is due to arrive tomorrow.
    MSFTisMIA, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    08-11-2017 07:39 PM
    I'll probably get this clear case for my V20, since I want to show off the silver colour. Speck Products Presidio Clear Cell Phone Case for LG V20 - Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRHYBL8...pUvbUpU3696359

Good luck! Mini-review!

(And I'm curious to see what version software it's running on).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 07:40 PM
    I'll probably get this clear case for my V20, since I want to show off the silver colour. Speck Products Presidio Clear Cell Phone Case for LG V20 - Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRHYBL8...pUvbUpU3696377

Because I switch batteries so much, I am currently not using a case. I do hope you like the phone and am curious to hear about your experience.
    08-11-2017 09:18 PM
    I'll probably get this clear case for my V20, since I want to show off the silver colour. Speck Products Presidio Clear Cell Phone Case for LG V20 - Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRHYBL8...pUvbUpU3696379

Sweet!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 09:24 PM
    Not surprised. For lots of reasons.

Android O will (sorta) be the end of the road for the OnePlus 3/3T

http://www.androidauthority.com/onep...pdates-793244/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 09:48 PM
    Not surprised. For lots of reasons.

Android O will (sorta) be the end of the road for the OnePlus 3/3T

Android O will (sorta) be the end of the road for the OnePlus 3/3T - Android Authority
    Wow, I feel bad for the people who bought a 3T a few months ago. :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 10:18 PM
    Wow, I feel bad for the people who bought a 3T a few months ago. :/
    It's typical. It would have seen Marshmallow, Nougat and whatever the hell they call 8.0. That's the same amount of support the Pixel will get.

If you're pissed, blame Google for setting the 24 month rule for the Open Alliance for updates. And it's not a hard 24 months, it's "up to 24 months" (and assuming the phone doesn't have weak sales).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 10:22 PM
    It's typical. It would have seen Marshmallow, Nougat and whatever the hell they call 8.0. That's the same amount of support the Pixel will get.

If you're pissed, blame Google for setting the 24 month rule for the Open Alliance for updates. And it's not a hard 24 months, it's "up to 24 months" (and assuming the phone doesn't have weak sales).
    True point. I don't disagree with you but with the OnePlus 3, I can understand this to a point. The 3T basically came out a couple of months before the OnePlus 5 so it feels more like a slap in the face. My timing is probably wrong but it does feel that way to me. Even the Honor 8 and the Honor 9 had a decent amount of space between them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-11-2017 10:36 PM
    Good luck! Mini-review!

(And I'm curious to see what version software it's running on).
    I'll definitely post a mini-review.
    MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    08-12-2017 12:00 AM
    Because I switch batteries so much, I am currently not using a case. I do hope you like the phone and am curious to hear about your experience.
    I'll see if I get another battery or not. I'll also mention how it feels in my hand with and without a case. Some phones are just so slippery without cases.
    MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    08-12-2017 12:02 AM
    So far I've not been able to do much with night photography on the XZ which is disappointing.

I'll just have to keep trying.
    08-12-2017 12:50 AM
    So with some clever editing from an app I managed to get this sunset shot. Still nothing great but better.

08-12-2017 03:14 AM
    True point. I don't disagree with you but with the OnePlus 3, I can understand this to a point. The 3T basically came out a couple of months before the OnePlus 5 so it feels more like a slap in the face. My timing is probably wrong but it does feel that way to me. Even the Honor 8 and the Honor 9 had a decent amount of space between them.
    Unfortunately, it isn't about how new the phone is...it's about how much an OEM will stick with the Open Alliance mandates. At least it's not surprising by OnePlus - "small company, tigher resources, blah blah blah". And they aren't officially selling the 3/3T anymore either.

I'm just wary of them because of how ****ty their customer service is.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-12-2017 07:15 AM
143,557 ... 54625463546454655466 ...