So nothing says more Santorini than this.
    08-12-2017 09:41 AM
    This the view from our private balcony.
    08-12-2017 09:45 AM
    This is the weather we've had every day.
    08-12-2017 09:46 AM
    So nothing says more Santorini than this.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fcc9adbec5.jpg
    Wow! Happy anniversary to you!
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-12-2017 08:08 PM
    I'll see if I get another battery or not. I'll also mention how it feels in my hand with and without a case. Some phones are just so slippery without cases.
    I picked up a full screen tempered glass.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    08-12-2017 08:49 PM
    Quick update on the V20.

It arrived and I set it up.

I don't have a case yet, but one will arrive next week. I also ordered a spare battery. Both of these items are coming from Amazon.

The V20 is a big phone, but that's a good thing to me, since I like big phones. It is surprisingly thin, considering that it has a removable battery. It doesn't feel slippery and had a decent grip to it. It doesn't feel heavy and is well balanced in my hand.

I already switched to Nova Launcher Prime, Gboard, Lines icons, Google Messages, and Aqua Mail rather than the default LG apps.

Switching was easy. Everything was backed up from my Moto X Pure Edition except for the Moto apps which I didn't really use anyway.

The display looks great and is easy to read outdoors in the sun and indoors in the dark using the default brightness settings.

The second screen is cool. I like that LG feature.

Call quality is great.

Connectivity to WiFi and Bluetooth is great. I had no issues connecting the phone to the head unit in my 2017 Honda Civic coupe.

I streamed Google Play music in the car.

Music and camera reviews will be forthcoming, once I've used those features.

I'll also update on battery life once I'm at what will be normal use.
    08-12-2017 09:12 PM
    Quick update on the V20.

I don't have a case yet, but one will arrive next week. I also ordered a spare battery. Both of these items are coming from Amazon.

The V20 is a big phone, but that's a good thing to me, since I like big phones. It is surprisingly thin, considering that it has a removable battery. It doesn't feel slippery and had a decent grip to it. It doesn't feel heavy and is well balanced in my hand.

I already switched to Nova Launcher Prime, Gboard, Lines icons, Google Messages, and Aqua Mail rather than the default LG apps.

Switching was easy. Everything was backed up from my Moto X Pure Edition except for the Moto apps which I didn't really use anyway.

The display looks great and is easy to read outdoors in the sun and indoors in the dark using the default brightness settings.

Call quality is great.

Connectivity to WiFi and Bluetooth is great. I had no issues connecting the phone to the head unit in my 2017 Honda Civic coupe.

Nice. Looking forward to it. I grabbed a $8 tempered, $8 solo external battery charger and a $10 battery. Very satisfied.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-12-2017 09:16 PM
    Quick update on the V20.

Call quality is great.

Yay! Sounds like it's so far so good. Thank you for sharing your impressions. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on the other features you haven't tried out yet. Do you think you will use the second screen much or does it seem like a just "nice to have" feature right now?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:26 PM
    What I wish LG did was open up the API for the second screen. I'd love a mod where when in full screen apps the on screen buttons show up on the second screen.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:27 PM
    Yay! Sounds like it's so far so good. Thank you for sharing your impressions. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on the other features you haven't tried out yet. Do you think you will use the second screen much or does it seem like a just "nice to have" feature right now?
    I think I will indeed use the second screen.
    What I wish LG did was open up the API for the second screen. I'd love a mod where when in full screen apps the on screen buttons show up on the second screen.
    That would be very cool.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:46 PM
    I think I will indeed use the second screen.

That would be very cool.
    I like the second screen, sometimes. You can use it with the main screen on or off.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:47 PM
    This the view from our private balcony.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...48fdd99ac4.jpg
    Happy anniversary! 🥂
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-12-2017 09:47 PM
    I like the second screen, sometimes. You can use it with the main screen on or off.
    Here's a screenshot in case people haven't seen that setting.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:50 PM
    Here's a screenshot in case people haven't seen that setting.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4b0f496992.jpg
    Laura, what version security patch are you on?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 09:52 PM
    Laura, what version security patch are you on?
    08-12-2017 10:09 PM
    I'm on G software...same patch. I may try that US Cellular firmware as I hear it has the April patch.

Think what you have is good to root still.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 10:57 PM
    Mines pretty much the same.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 11:04 PM
    I'm on G software...same patch. I may try that US Cellular firmware as I hear it has the April patch.

Think what you have is good to root still.
    I'm not going to root, since I've heard that breaks Android Pay and Netflix.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-12-2017 11:07 PM
    I'm not going to root, since I've heard that breaks Android Pay and Netflix.
    Ok, Cool. Did you get a screen protector or are you going bare glass?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 11:09 PM
    Ok, Cool. Did you get a screen protector or are you going bare glass?
    I haven't decided yet. I have no scratches on my MXPE despite using it for 22 months without a screen protector.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-12-2017 11:11 PM
    I haven't decided yet. I have no scratches on my MXPE despite using it for 22 months without a screen protector.
    Cool. I can share the one I used if you go that way. So far, so good.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 11:16 PM
    I have two screen protectors sitting here collecting dust. Let me know if you want / need them.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-13-2017 12:47 AM
    So as I checked into the flight for tomorrow evening I realized that I'm flying a 787 on American Airlines from LAX to Chicago O'Hare.

Second time on a widebody in America. I love the 787! Flew it on the Doha-Delhi leg earlier this year.
    08-13-2017 12:52 AM
    Cool. I can share the one I used if you go that way. So far, so good.
    I have two screen protectors sitting here collecting dust. Let me know if you want / need them.
    Thanks to both of you. I'll let you know.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-13-2017 01:34 PM
    So as I checked into the flight for tomorrow evening I realized that I'm flying a 787 on American Airlines from LAX to Chicago O'Hare.

Second time on a widebody in America. I love the 787! Flew it on the Doha-Delhi leg earlier this year.
    Ooh! That's cool. That should be much more comfortable than most planes.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    08-13-2017 01:35 PM
136,700 ... 54635464546554665467 ...