Good luck! How difficult is it to find a job in another country without speaking its language?
    Well in my industry it's not a huge problem so long as I stick to major cities and large projects. English is typically the language of business so I'm ok there.

But I will start learning French ASAP when I get there.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    08-15-2017 11:01 PM
    Quite ridiculous. I believe in buying the best, not necessarily the most expensive. Would you buy a Vertu phone? No doubt they're probably the most expensive but it's still a flip phone at the end of the day. No wonder they went belly up, they couldn't find enough suckers er, customers.
    I tend to buy what I need. I can afford whatever I want but I always ask if I really need it.

What's the point of buying a i7 laptop with loads of ram if I'll never use it? 95% of most computer tasks can be done on a low end CPU with little hassle.

So why buy something over the top? I buy mid range because it suits my needs the best. I spend about £500 on a laptop which usually lasts me about 4 years before I'm ready for something else.

I'll never buy a surface laptop because as much as I like the look and style it's way too expensive for what I need. It's the same reason I never got into Apple products.

Some people like the idea of premium but I've always been one for practicality when it comes to a PC and most other things as well.
    08-15-2017 11:24 PM
    I got the Speck case for my V20 today. I like it, since it's clear, so I can show off the silver. It isn't hard to put on or take off, so I know it won't be an issue once I get my 2nd battery and swap batteries on the V20.
    One of the few phones I've used where I prefer to rock it without a case...hope you enjoy yours.

I did update mine earlier today to the US Cellular ROM running on the April 2017 security patch. I did a dirty flash, so we'll see. I did it no root, using LGUP. I'd still say stay on your current firmware as LG is likely to jump the V20 to 8.0 at this point. I wish I had the f ROM to downgrade to but the ones I've found hang in the middle of the update...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    08-15-2017 11:35 PM
    One of the few phones I've used where I prefer to rock it without a case...hope you enjoy yours.

I did update mine earlier today to the US Cellular ROM running on the April 2017 security patch. I did a dirty flash, so we'll see. I did it no root, using LGUP. I'd still say stay on your current firmware as LG is likely to jump the V20 to 8.0 at this point. I wish I had the f ROM to downgrade to but the ones I've found hang in the middle of the update...
    Thanks for the information. 😊

I might indeed opt to go naked with the V20, since it isn't a slippery device.

Please let me know how you like this latest update. 😊
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-16-2017 01:08 AM
    A long restless wait in the airport between two domestic flight...
    can someone please invent teleportation asap!!

... !
    08-16-2017 07:42 AM
    A long restless wait in the airport between two domestic flight...
    can someone please invent teleportation asap!!

... !
    Give me your coordinates Scotty and I'll beam you right up.
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    08-16-2017 09:10 AM
    Midnight, is where the day begins..

... !
    08-16-2017 01:54 PM
    Midnight, is where the day begins..

http://i.imgur.com/gqULrQX.jpg

... !
    Wow! That's awesome. Where is that?
    fatclue_98 and raycpl like this.
    08-16-2017 04:01 PM
    Thanks for the information.

I might indeed opt to go naked with the V20, since it isn't a slippery device.

Please let me know how you like this latest update.
    Will do.

I am just at a point with OEMs where the news is more interesting than their products. Soon we may be drowning in smartphone conformity and monotonous design aimed at some maintenance of profits...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-2017 08:54 PM
    Will do.

I am just at a point with OEMs where the news is more interesting than their products. Soon we may be drowning in smartphone conformity and monotonous design aimed at some maintenance of profits...
    I understand what you're saying. There does seem to be a lot of blandness and sameness amongst many OEMs' smartphones.
    08-16-2017 09:06 PM
    I understand what you're saying. There does seem to be a lot of blandness and sameness amongst many OEMs' smartphones.
    And the more unique ones that aren't selling aren't likely to get much software support.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-2017 09:07 PM
    Ooh! That's cool. That should be much more comfortable than most planes.
    It was a nice ride. However, there was a mechanical issue so we took off late and I reached way past midnight. Stumbled into bed around 2AM Chicago time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-2017 09:12 PM
    These look great on my S8. Look totally washed out on my 24" monitor at work.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-2017 09:12 PM
    So I have a nice itinerary planned for 2 good days in London next week. Staying right by the Tower of London. Pretty psyched. Been to Paris, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Berlin, Dublin but no London yet. I have been to UK a few times but up north so this is gonna be fun.
    08-16-2017 09:18 PM
    Oh and taking the Pixel to Ireland and UK. S8 camera is meh at least for me. The G6 camera was way better.
    08-16-2017 09:19 PM
    Wow! That's awesome. Where is that?
    Penang, Malaysia!!
    3:00am

and now
    10:00am

... !
    08-16-2017 09:40 PM
    Looks like I'll be on a food binge for the next few days

... !
    08-16-2017 09:44 PM
    It was a nice ride. However, there was a mechanical issue so we took off late and I reached way past midnight. Stumbled into bed around 2AM Chicago time.
    Sorry to hear that! Hopefully the rest of your trip will go much more smoothly.
    08-16-2017 09:53 PM

... !
    Pictures in the Eats thread, or it didn't happen.

Enjoy your time there, all jokes aside.
    Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    08-16-2017 09:54 PM
    Penang, Malaysia!!
    3:00am

and now
    10:00am

http://i.imgur.com/PIqFNuS.jpg

... !
    Beautiful! What's the weather like?
    08-16-2017 09:54 PM

... !
    Enjoy your holiday trying out different foods. 😋
    raycpl likes this.
    08-16-2017 09:56 PM
    Sorry to hear that! Hopefully the rest of your trip will go much more smoothly.
    Ha, ha. Thanks. I got back last night.
    On the plane again next week.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-2017 10:01 PM
    Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    08-16-2017 10:04 PM
    Where are you headed to next week?
    08-16-2017 10:07 PM
    The weather is typically hot and sunny, with a chance of more heat and sun!!

This looks too inviting

haven't had any of the good food yet, but this... cold durians.. can't go wrong with that

... !
    08-16-2017 10:41 PM
144,791 ... 54665467546854695470 ...