Ahh my hairstylist told me that I have a few strands of grey hair before. He wasn't messing with me. I found one tonight

Bummer, I'm only 27. Not 28 yet.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-20-2017 11:51 PM
    Babysitting is almost done. A very crazy day at work. Then off to Europe.
    Have a fun and safe visit to Europe!
    libra89 and worldspy99 like this.
    08-20-2017 11:51 PM
    Quick observation before I crash for the day. The Pixel runs so much smoother than the S8 even on the older hardware.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    08-20-2017 11:54 PM
    Quick observation before I crash for the day. The Pixel runs so much smoother than the S8 even on the older hardware.
    That's great to hear. I'm sure you'll get some nice pictures in Europe with your Pixel as well. 😊
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    08-20-2017 11:55 PM
    That's great to hear. I'm sure you'll get some nice pictures in Europe with your Pixel as well.
    That is the plan. I'm not that impressed with the S8 camera.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-20-2017 11:57 PM
    That is the plan. I'm not that impressed with the S8 camera.
    Sounds like you made the right decision to get one again. I'll be looking forward to your shots.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-21-2017 12:16 AM
    My home trip coming to an end. Big family celebrations, meeting up with old school mates, food glorious food. Didn't step into the shopping mall once, that's like a new experience for me!!

Things change so fast, buildings sprout up, the seaside is disappearing as massive land reclamation is in progress. My mum residence has become unliveable with the noisy construction going on around the house. She moved out to a new neighbourhood. It's quite a challenge for a 90 yr old.

Until Christmas then...

... !
    Last edited by raycpl; 08-21-2017 at 09:10 AM.
    08-21-2017 03:32 AM
    Ahh my hairstylist told me that I have a few strands of grey hair before. He wasn't messing with me. I found one tonight

Don't sweat it, hair is so overrated anyway. You see young guys in their 20s and 30s shaving their heads, I get it for free. If it makes you feel any better, my wife was hitting the Clairol before your age. Age is just a number.
    N_LaRUE, libra89, raycpl and 2 others like this.
    08-21-2017 07:16 AM
    It's funny... I'm looking for a job in France but get offered one in the Netherlands. What are the odds?
    08-21-2017 08:23 AM
    Don't sweat it, hair is so overrated anyway. You see young guys in their 20s and 30s shaving their heads, I get it for free. If it makes you feel any better, my wife was hitting the Clairol before your age. Age is just a number.
    Haha at the " I get it for free" xd

That does make me feel a little bit better. I'm tempted to pluck it though but the pain isn't worth the tradeoff. Just going to tuck it behind other hair.
    08-21-2017 09:04 AM
    It's funny... I'm looking for a job in France but get offered one in the Netherlands. What are the odds?
    Wait, what? That's so crazy.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-21-2017 09:06 AM
    Better than those in France???
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    08-21-2017 09:25 AM

I'm almost all white in my side burns. My dad was pretty much all white by my age so I guess I am doing much better. My brother dyes his hair and he's pretty much gray all around. I think my first gray hair showed up late but things accelerated very quickly soon thereafter.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-21-2017 09:28 AM
    Wait, what? That's so crazy.
    It's even crazier than you think.

My company has it's own contract agency. That's who contacted me about the job because my LinkedIn profiles states I'm looking for new opportunities. :P

So technically, I'd be working for the same company, in a different country, as a contractor. LOL!

Not sure I'll take it though. The pay is ok but I don't think it's helpful for our plans overall.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-21-2017 09:30 AM
    Better than those in France???
    True.
    08-21-2017 09:30 AM
    It's even crazier than you think.

My company has it's own contract agency. That's who contacted me about the job because my LinkedIn profiles states I'm looking for new opportunities. :P

So technically, I'd be working for the same company, in a different country, as a contractor. LOL!

Not sure I'll take it though. The pay is ok but I don't think it's helpful for our plans overall.
    Wow. I don't even know what to say. I wouldn't have guessed that o_o

They really want to keep you but that's a funny way of doing things. True, since you are in the process of buying a home in France.
    08-21-2017 09:39 AM
    Wow. I don't even know what to say. I wouldn't have guessed that o_o

They really want to keep you but that's a funny way of doing things. True, since you are in the process of buying a home in France.
    LOL! No.

My company doesn't know I'm leaving yet and few people here know I'm leaving. Not sure on the shock value yet but who knows? Engineers as I mentioned already are a dime a dozen so...?

The agency contacted me on it's own accord, nothing to do with my company. I did bring up the conflict issues during our conversation.

What probably happened is that my profile came up in their search results while they were searching on LinkedIn. They noticed I worked for the company and then contacted me because it said I was looking for new opportunities.

My profile is well ranked and comes up frequently in searches.

So pure coincidence/luck.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-21-2017 09:47 AM
    LOL! No.

My company doesn't know I'm leaving yet and few people here know I'm leaving. Not sure on the shock value yet but who knows? Engineers as I mentioned already are a dime a dozen so...?

The agency contacted me on it's own accord, nothing to do with my company. I did bring up the conflict issues during our conversation.

What probably happened is that my profile came up in their search results while they were searching on LinkedIn. They noticed I worked for the company and then contacted me because it said I was looking for new opportunities.

My profile is well ranked and comes up frequently in searches.

So pure coincidence/luck.
    Ooh okay, that makes sense. I remember what you said about being how it is for engineers.
    08-21-2017 10:12 AM
    Ooh okay, that makes sense. I remember what you said about being how it is for engineers.
    Yeah it's pretty dim still for engineering but it does appear to be picking up a bit here and there in the EU. Can't say the same for the UK though.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-21-2017 10:17 AM
    Yeah it's pretty dim still for engineering but it does appear to be picking up a bit here and there in the EU. Can't say the same for the UK though.
    I really hope that you have better luck in France. I'm sure that you will though.
    08-21-2017 10:39 AM
    I really hope that you have better luck in France. I'm sure that you will though.
    When it comes down to it. The hope is to get out of engineering all together. The job is really just a buffer and more money. It's a nice to have but not the end of the world of it doesn't happen.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-21-2017 10:45 AM
    When it comes down to it. The hope is to get out of engineering all together. The job is really just a buffer and more money. It's a nice to have but not the end of the world of it doesn't happen.
    Ohh okay. In that case, I wish you the best with your next plans, with or without the job.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-21-2017 11:02 AM
    Just stepped outside and it's some kind of weird haze. I can imagine what it's like on the Left Coast.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-21-2017 01:49 PM
    All right folks here are a couple of eclipse pictures. I bought 50 solar viewer pack for an eclipse viewing party at work. A good friend of mine took these with his professional grade Nikon. Enjoy!

Please note we had a partial eclipse only for viewing from Southern California.

eclipse-dsc_6134.jpg
    eclipse-dsc_6102.jpg
    08-21-2017 02:10 PM
    All right folks here are a couple of eclipse pictures. I bought 50 solar viewer pack for an eclipse viewing party at work. A good friend of mine took these with his professional grade Nikon. Enjoy!

Please note we had a partial eclipse only for viewing from Southern California.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eclipse DSC_6134.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	137072
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eclipse DSC_6102.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	466.2 KB 
ID:	137073
    That's pretty! 🌑
    libra89 likes this.