Says the guy who changes phones faster than I do
    In my younger days, you'd be right. But in my old age...not so much.

FYI, I'll be going through our favorite Asian website for the variant I want later in the year. If you're as sharp as I think you are, you know already what I'm getting...it's just too pricey (among other things) right now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-28-2017 08:26 PM
    In my younger days, you'd be right. But in my old age...not so much.

FYI, I'll be going through our favorite Asian website for the variant I want later in the year. If you're as sharp as I think you are, you know already what I'm getting...it's just too pricey (among other things) right now.
    Good luck.
    I wouldn't touch that brand with a 10 ft pole!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-28-2017 08:27 PM
    I really hope it works out for you in the way you prefer.
    Thanks. It'll be fine. If I'm fine with the chance it won't get much updates, then it's an even easier buy. Good thing is I have time and other priorities to sort out first before I purchase a device.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-28-2017 08:27 PM
    Just stating what I know...by the end of the year, he's not owning either one of those devices.

And here I thought you would have called the Trump analogy savage...
    I try not to waste a single neuron on that jackass. Waiting for that next foot-in-mouth moment is like waiting for your next breath.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and TgeekB like this.
    08-28-2017 08:42 PM
    I try not to waste a single neuron on that jackass. Waiting for that next foot-in-mouth moment is like waiting for your next breath.

And that's exactly why I used that analogy to reinforce my point. Well, it's neither here nor there...99 will be using something new or two by the end of the year. And I'll make one of my lateral moves.

You know, the typical stuff.
    08-28-2017 08:44 PM
    Good luck.
    I wouldn't touch that brand with a 10 ft pole!
    Actually, you already did...but as usual, didn't decide to keep it.

Maybe you're losing your touch...doesn't sound like you're seeing where I'm going. Oh well, it's all good anyways.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-28-2017 08:46 PM
    Wrong!
    Just to spite you I should keep one around.
    Actually I am not that impressed with the newer devices and performance has definitely plateaued. I find that the Pixel runs smoother than the S8 on the older processor.
    Just to spite me, he says...

"Seeing is believing." The only two phones you had a hard-ish time parting with were the Lumia 822 and the Nexus 5. I doubt the Pixel has gotten anywhere near that sort of status in your book yet...

...but hey, time and tastes changes, so now I could be wrong...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-28-2017 08:50 PM
    08-28-2017 08:52 PM
    Hey Ed! How's it been going with you?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-28-2017 09:43 PM
    I jinxed myself with my post about annoyances with the A3. As soon as I was replying to MIA on an earlier post, I was spammed with "Cortana stopped working". It kept popping up, even after I kept tapping "ok". It got to the point where I decided to uninstall the app because I was over it. That has never happened before but whoa, it's nudging me to switch.

At the same time, I don't know if I can be bothered.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-28-2017 09:56 PM
    I hope it works out. I've all but decided on the V20's replacement. I'm just wondering if I feel comfortable in getting the device in mind after I hear the OEM announces their 8.0 update plans. Hopefully, by then I may feel more comfortable justifying the purchase.
    I'm loving the V20 so far. I installed the Google Camera app, which I'm hoping to get a chance to play with this week, depending on whether I'm able to get out and find something interesting to shoot. I haven't forgotten about the in-depth review. I've just been busy.
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    08-28-2017 11:52 PM
    Hi ,Ed! Nice to see you. I hope you're doing well. 😊
    libra89 likes this.
    08-28-2017 11:53 PM
    I'm loving the V20 so far. I installed the Google Camera app, which I'm hoping to get a chance to play with this week, depending on whether I'm able to get out and find something interesting to shoot. I haven't forgotten about the in-depth review. I've just been busy.
    I'm glad you're liking the V20 so far.

It's a really, really good device. I just feel that LG hasn't treated it as well as it could have, especially with software updates. I'm not getting the best battery life though. But it has survived a few tumbles from my large mitts unscathed.
    08-29-2017 06:35 AM

Did you know he won Missouri, by a lot?
    Now what's up with that Hurricane in Houston?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-29-2017 07:40 AM
    Just to spite me, he says...

"Seeing is believing." The only two phones you had a hard-ish time parting with were the Lumia 822 and the Nexus 5. I doubt the Pixel has gotten anywhere near that sort of status in your book yet...

...but hey, time and tastes changes, so now I could be wrong...
    As Donald would say - WRONG (partially).
    Lumia 810
    Lumia 640
    Nexus 5

If Pixel lasts 4 months it will be in the same pantheon as these three.
    08-29-2017 07:42 AM
    Did you know he won Missouri, by a lot?
    Now what's up with that Hurricane in Houston?
    No disrespect to the fine folks from the Show-Me state but I don't pay any attention to Missouri. I'm in Miami and my heart goes out to those people in Houston as I've lived through my fair share of hurricanes. Andrew will not soon be forgotten.
    08-29-2017 08:30 AM
    As Donald would say - WRONG (partially).
    Lumia 810
    Lumia 640
    Nexus 5

If Pixel lasts 4 months it will be in the same pantheon as these three.
    822=810, same difference. I forgot about the 640, I'm surprised you don't have one hidden in an old shoebox in a closet.

Well, I don't think I have a pantheon like that, so that's that.

I would try a Pixel but the problem is the audio...the DAC is OK but the amp is weak, from what I've told. The V20 is very spoiling...hard to give up that.
    08-29-2017 10:27 AM
    For the record, being the new guy sucks bollocks. People are nice and helpful, but being new still sucks.
    08-29-2017 11:28 AM
    Auto mode
    manual mode
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-29-2017 11:50 AM
    No disrespect to the fine folks from the Show-Me state but I don't pay any attention to Missouri. I'm in Miami and my heart goes out to those people in Houston as I've lived through my fair share of hurricanes. Andrew will not soon be forgotten.
    I apologise for not putting my sarcasm alert in that email.

agree with you that we have a bloviated jackhole for POTUS so this is completely expected.
    Laura Knotek and TgeekB like this.
    08-29-2017 11:56 AM
    08-29-2017 11:57 AM
    Auto mode is better.
    Not sure why it came out so cold in manual mode, but I know I had to fiddle with the settings.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-29-2017 12:12 PM
    Not sure why it came out so cold in manual mode, but I know I had to fiddle with the settings.
    Which camera app were you using?

I'm playing around with the LG camera and the Google Camera. I'll provide more details once I've used both. So far I took shots of the same thing using both on auto.

LG Camera

Google Camera

These were low light looking through the window of a closed bakery.

I'll get some better subjects later this week.
    08-29-2017 09:07 PM
    Just stopping by to see how's everyone doing. I see MIA and 99 aren't lacking any of that sarcasm of theirs.
    08-30-2017 04:59 AM
    So since I didn't make it official here, I should clarify it now: I recently got a job back with the hospital I was working at for eons. It's now in a different department and is reflective of my new found graduate degree.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been moaning about the work issues iPhone as much, but I suppose my job had gotten more important to wear I get to carry around a work phone.
    Congrats! Good luck on the new workplace.
    08-30-2017 05:02 AM
144,424 ... 54765477547854795480 ...