So since I didn't make it official here, I should clarify it now: I recently got a job back with the hospital I was working at for eons. It's now in a different department and is reflective of my new found graduate degree.

Yeah, I shouldn't have been moaning about the work issues iPhone as much, but I suppose my job had gotten more important to wear I get to carry around a work phone.
    Congrats and all that. :)
    08-30-2017 06:18 AM
    Just stopping by to see how's everyone doing. I see MIA and 99 aren't lacking any of that sarcasm of theirs.
    Sarcasm and dry humor never go out of style, unless you're a true fuddy-duddy.
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 07:45 AM
    Congrats! Good luck on the new workplace.
    Thanks. How's college life?
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 07:45 AM
    Congrats and all that. :)
    Thanks. I plan to swing by the old department sometime next week, if my schedule allows. Gonna do a drop-in during lunch and wave to a few people.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 07:46 AM
    Thanks. I plan to swing by the old department sometime next week, if my schedule allows. Gonna do a drop-in during lunch and wave to a few people.
    Let us know how that goes.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 08:00 AM
    Yeah I'm also curious.
    I'll be looking forward to it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 08:44 AM
    Just installed a countdown app... I'm going to use it to countdown to when I give my notice here.

Unless something interferes with that, it will be end of October-ish.

Though there are days I feel like doing it sooner. I may consider that too.
    08-30-2017 09:18 AM
    Will do.

One of the reasons why I didn't want to follow the lead of an old colleague who left and returned to the old department was that with my experience there, you get type casted based on your prior position.

So instead of cursing out a few people who would view me through the lens of my old position if I went back in a new role, it's better to just go somewhere else entirely.

I went through the "questioning your competence as a new person bit" already there and didn't want to do that a second time.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 09:32 AM
    My thoughts are with Texans dealing with Hurricane Harvey. Fortunately for me, my cousins in Houston are ok.

I survived this bad boy as a child...he was a borderline category 4 when it hit home. I can still remember seeing my roof getting ripped off from the inside. Natural disasters are No joke.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gilbert
    08-30-2017 11:42 AM
    Thanks. How's college life?
    Hasn't started yet. I believe it starts sometimes around 3rd of October. We'll se how it goes, first few days are a deal breaker for me. Got to make sure I fit in nicely.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 12:31 PM
    My thoughts are with Texans dealing with Hurricane Harvey. Fortunately for me, my cousins in Houston are ok.

I survived this bad boy as a child...he was a borderline category 4 when it hit home. I can still remember seeing my roof getting ripped off from the inside. Natural disasters are No joke.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gilbert
    You're lucky to have been very young when it hit. If memory serves, Gilbert was the same year as Hugo and we were terrified in Miami because one was to our south and the other drifted north. I had many friends in Jamaica whose homes were wiped out by Gilbert. I think it might still be the most powerful storm in the Atlantic as far as barometric pressure.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
    08-30-2017 01:10 PM
    Hasn't started yet. I believe it starts sometimes around 3rd of October. We'll se how it goes, first few days are a deal breaker for me. Got to make sure I fit in nicely.
    Let us know it goes!
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    08-30-2017 01:18 PM
    The V30 makes me think of how it would be to just try the G6, but I'm trying to be good. The Q6 is a waste of time, based on what I have read.

Not going to take action on doing it though because I know how I am. I would like it but then I'll be annoyed about needing my purse to carry it around.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 02:16 PM
    Well, you get to skull right without impunity, so enjoy it.

I'm sure you'll do just fine when the classes start.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    08-30-2017 03:29 PM
    You're lucky to have been very young when it hit. If memory serves, Gilbert was the same year as Hugo and we were terrified in Miami because one was to our south and the other drifted north. I had many friends in Jamaica whose homes were wiped out by Gilbert. I think it might still be the most powerful storm in the Atlantic as far as barometric pressure.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
    Gilbert was a top 10 beast of the 20th century for sure. Hurricane Sandy for NYC proper (outside of certain parts of NJ and College Point which experienced devastation akin to a true hurricane strike) was a cakewalk.

This was a hit song, funny but not so funny. I still can recall two of my neighbors had worse housing damage so for the night during the eye of the storm we had 12 total people sleeping in two bedrooms and a living room. I also recall the night after the hurricane left standing in the living room and looking straight up at the stars.

Hurricane fallout is just hard to describe to those who never truly experienced it, like most traumas are.

Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    08-30-2017 03:38 PM
    The V30 makes me think of how it would be to just try the G6, but I'm trying to be good. The Q6 is a waste of time, based on what I have read.

Not going to take action on doing it though because I know how I am. I would like it but then I'll be annoyed about needing my purse to carry it around.
    G6 is a big, semi chunky phone for you. Lol. Don't bother.
    08-30-2017 03:39 PM
    G6 is a big, semi chunky phone for you. Lol. Don't bother.
    Haha yeah, you're right. I just like that it has flat edges. I'll save my money on that.

Honestly though, the idea of the Pixel again is tempting just for the camera and having less crashes but more so that camera. I plan to go to a couple of concerts next month and having that excellent shooter will be nice. I'll never forget the great picture I got out of it in low light of one of my favorite artists of all time. Probably one of the best pictures I have ever taken that still gets the occasional favorite here and there.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 03:48 PM
    Just stopping by to see how's everyone doing. I see MIA and 99 aren't lacking any of that sarcasm of theirs.
    Nice to see you! I hope you are doing well. 😊
    libra89, fatclue_98 and Rose640 like this.
    08-30-2017 03:53 PM
    The view of Miami from 22 stories up in Downtown. This was taken with the Acer Primo on full auto.
    wp_20170830_15_07_52_pro.jpg
    08-30-2017 05:23 PM
    Just rip out my heart and show it to me.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/TCL-...y-2018_id97583
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 06:02 PM

The question is: will it run WebOS (doubt it)?
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 06:07 PM
    I did forget to mention one minor tidbit from my London trip.
    Was very happy to see a variety of devices with people - not just iPhone which is usually the case here in the USA.
    Saw a multitude of Android devices - Moto, Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Google Pixel. Actually the girl next to me on the short flight from Dublin to London had the exact same Google Pixel as mine.

And surprise, surprise I saw a few Lumia devices as well. Guy in front of me at Buckingham Palace watching the changing of the guard ceremony had a Lumia 950. Another guy at Big Ben asked me to take his picture and he had a Lumia 650. Saw one more guy with a red Lumia 920 at the Museum of Natural History which was quite a bit of a shock.
    08-30-2017 06:31 PM

Ooh if that comes to life, I can picture you taking a chance on it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 06:38 PM
    I did forget to mention one minor tidbit from my London trip.
    Was very happy to see a variety of devices with people - not just iPhone which is usually the case here in the USA.
    Saw a multitude of Android devices - Moto, Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Google Pixel. Actually the girl next to me on the short flight from Dublin to London had the exact same Google Pixel as mine.

And surprise, surprise I saw a few Lumia devices as well. Guy in front of me at Buckingham Palace watching the changing of the guard ceremony had a Lumia 950. Another guy at Big Ben asked me to take his picture and he had a Lumia 650. Saw one more guy with a red Lumia 920 at the Museum of Natural History which was quite a bit of a shock.
    That's so cool!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 06:39 PM
    Ooh if that comes to life, I can picture you taking a chance on it.
    Only if it's webOS and I seriously doubt it unless LG is contemplating a sale. I would entertain PalmOS since I use my T/X everyday and they're talking about a PalmPilot. We'll see.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    08-30-2017 07:07 PM
142,776 ... 54775478547954805481 ...