I did forget to mention one minor tidbit from my London trip.
    Was very happy to see a variety of devices with people - not just iPhone which is usually the case here in the USA.
    Saw a multitude of Android devices - Moto, Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Google Pixel. Actually the girl next to me on the short flight from Dublin to London had the exact same Google Pixel as mine.

And surprise, surprise I saw a few Lumia devices as well. Guy in front of me at Buckingham Palace watching the changing of the guard ceremony had a Lumia 950. Another guy at Big Ben asked me to take his picture and he had a Lumia 650. Saw one more guy with a red Lumia 920 at the Museum of Natural History which was quite a bit of a shock.
    That's awesome 99.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    08-30-2017 07:09 PM
    Only if it's webOS and I seriously doubt it unless LG is contemplating a sale. I would entertain PalmOS since I use my T/X everyday and they're talking about a PalmPilot. We'll see.

I was so impressed with this back in the day I almost bought one...ended up getting the Axim X50v instead. But boy, it was close.

My first true tablet was the firesale Touchpad. It got me very interested in the Palm Pre 2 before it got killed off. One of my dear friends bought the Touchpad from me and still uses it in dual boot...and marvels at how sweet WebOS is.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 07:13 PM
    I was so impressed with this back in the day I almost bought one...ended up getting the Axim X50v instead. But boy, it was close.

My first true tablet was the firesale Touchpad. It got me very interested in the Palm Pre 2 before it got killed off. One of my dear friends bought the Touchpad from me and still uses it in dual boot...and marvels at how sweet WebOS is.
    The x50v was a sweet device and I was tempted to get one not too long ago. The x51v was a little better and the HP hx4700 was the best of the bunch. I stayed with the Palm because of Graffiti. People talk about Swipe being so badass but I don't think Graffiti is far behind when it comes to quick scribbles.

I don't use it much anymore but I still have my Touchpad. It's amazing that for being "ancient" it prints to my newer HP OfficeJet without a hitch. I guess HP uses the same protocols from 2012 because the printing feature is baked in. If only it had a rear-facing camera for scanning.

MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2017 07:25 PM
    The x50v was a sweet device and I was tempted to get one not too long ago. The x51v was a little better and the HP hx4700 was the best of the bunch. I stayed with the Palm because of Graffiti. People talk about Swipe being so badass but I don't think Graffiti is far behind when it comes to quick scribbles.

I don't use it much anymore but I still have my Touchpad. It's amazing that for being "ancient" it prints to my newer HP OfficeJet without a hitch. I guess HP uses the same protocols from 2012 because the printing feature is baked in. If only it had a rear-facing camera for scanning.

Good stuff indeed. I don't mind TCL bringing back these old brands. In fact, they would be smart for making them niche to keep them semi viable and not going directly after Samsung and Apple.

We'll see. As for me, I'm just waiting things out. Call me pessimistic, but I get a feeling LG is going to come with some curveball on the V30 I won't like.
    08-30-2017 09:20 PM
    I caved and switched back to the SE for now. More app crashes along with general performance issues are enough for me to take a break until it gets 7.0. I plan to use it for the better front camera when necessary though.
    Last edited by libra89; 08-30-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-30-2017 10:29 PM
    Time to critically digest the V30 hype...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    08-31-2017 06:40 AM
    Just got to work. I'll be joining you in that shortly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-31-2017 06:59 AM
    For some reason I am up early. So I will go and check out the hype about the V30 as well.
    08-31-2017 07:17 AM
    For some reason I am up early. So I will go and check out the hype about the V30 as well.
    Checked out the hype and I think I am liking it so far. Just need to wait to see if the pricing is not as hideous as the Note 8.

Speaking of Note 8, TMO is back with it's BOGO shenanigans. I am hoping something like that shows up for the V30.
    08-31-2017 10:44 AM
    Checked out the hype and I think I am liking it so far. Just need to wait to see if the pricing is not as hideous as the Note 8.

Speaking of Note 8, TMO is back with it's BOGO shenanigans. I am hoping something like that shows up for the V30.
    Yeah it sounds great. LG seems to have done really well this time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-31-2017 11:17 AM
    The view of Miami from 22 stories up in Downtown. This was taken with the Acer Primo on full auto.
    Attachment 137166
    Great shot! 😊
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    08-31-2017 12:09 PM
    Great shot! 😊
    When they talk about million dollar views they ain't kidding. $1.3MM to be exact. That's what a 2/2.5 goes for but it's a bit out of my range. Maybe if it had a 3rd bedroom. 😁

libra89 likes this.
    08-31-2017 12:14 PM
    Yeah it sounds great. LG seems to have done really well this time.
    I'll pass on the V30, since I just got a V20. Also, I would've wanted a removable battery on the V30. That's one reason I chose the V20, and I do have a second battery in case I need it.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-31-2017 12:28 PM
    Let us know it goes!
    I definitely will.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    08-31-2017 02:46 PM
    Well, you get to skull right without impunity, so enjoy it.

I'm sure you'll do just fine when the classes start.
    Yeah, the skulling era is done. Can't make a fool out of professors anymore. For the most part probably.

I just hope there won't be any problems. I'll completely devote myself to college.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-31-2017 02:50 PM
    Nice to see you! I hope you are doing well. 😊
    Thanks. I'm doing great, just enjoying the summer break, not worrying for a thing. Wish it'd be this relaxed in the years to follow. You know, college and stuff.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-31-2017 02:52 PM
    I did forget to mention one minor tidbit from my London trip.
    Was very happy to see a variety of devices with people - not just iPhone which is usually the case here in the USA.
    Saw a multitude of Android devices - Moto, Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Google Pixel. Actually the girl next to me on the short flight from Dublin to London had the exact same Google Pixel as mine.

And surprise, surprise I saw a few Lumia devices as well. Guy in front of me at Buckingham Palace watching the changing of the guard ceremony had a Lumia 950. Another guy at Big Ben asked me to take his picture and he had a Lumia 650. Saw one more guy with a red Lumia 920 at the Museum of Natural History which was quite a bit of a shock.
    Didn't know USA was that monotone when it comes to phones. I knew Apple holds majority of the market, but didn't know it was that much.

Here in third world part of Europe, you can see everything, like literally everrything. From previously mentioned iPhones and Androids, to ancient dumb phones such as Nokias and Sony Ericssons.
    08-31-2017 02:57 PM
    First time in a while that we have justified hype. I'm all over the phone.
    08-31-2017 02:59 PM
    Didn't know USA was that monotone when it comes to phones. I knew Apple holds majority of the market, but didn't know it was that much.

Here in third world part of Europe, you can see everything, like literally everrything. From previously mentioned iPhones and Androids, to ancient dumb phones such as Nokias and Sony Ericssons.
    Yup USA is pretty much iPhone land. At least at my work and in and around LA. I go to meetings and I am the only one 99% of the time without an iPhone. It's a sad state of affairs.
    08-31-2017 03:00 PM
    Yup USA is pretty much iPhone land. At least at my work and in and around LA. I go to meetings and I am the only one 99% of the time without an iPhone. It's a sad state of affairs.
    East coast is not much different than the West coast. Miami is overrun with iPhones too.

08-31-2017 03:16 PM
    East coast is not much different than the West coast. Miami is overrun with iPhones too.

I heard you needed a hot phone to get some hot action in Magic City amongst the right demographic...
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-31-2017 03:17 PM
    I heard you needed a hot phone to get some hot action in Magic City amongst the right demographic...
    A hot phone has a different meaning here. 😆

08-31-2017 03:19 PM
    At least the money's going to the home company. Mostly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-31-2017 03:42 PM

Same for my area, which I have noticed but maybe a little less iPhone. I would say 85% iOS for sure, the rest Android...and the rare WP.

The percentage is wrong but most of my contacts have iPhones. The ones that don't have Samsung Galaxy S series or the Note series or a lower end one. A few have non Samsung Androids.
    Last edited by libra89; 08-31-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    08-31-2017 03:59 PM
    I see mostly Samsung phones of some type, followed by iPhones. I haven't seen a Windows Phone or a BlackBerry in over 2 years. I've never seen an Android BlackBerry device at all.
    fatclue_98, libra89 and Rose640 like this.
    08-31-2017 04:39 PM
143,631 ... 54785479548054815482 ...