Been wanting to drive this area for a few years. Finally got a chance to do it today. Some nice twisty old highways in the Angeles National Forest.
    09-04-2017 06:28 PM
    Went for a small hike to an abandoned campground near Lake Castaic. The lake is full thanks to the decent rainy season earlier this year. Here are a couple of pictures from the hike.
    09-04-2017 06:30 PM
    A few more random pictures from the outing today. All taken with the S8. I left the Pixel back at home.
    09-04-2017 06:31 PM
    Glad you like it. Nice review.
    09-04-2017 07:23 PM
    Glad you like it. Nice review.
    Thanks! 😊
    fatclue_98, MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    09-04-2017 07:33 PM
    Yay, thank you for sharing! Nice review! I'm so glad to hear that it has been a great fit for you. I hope that you will continue to enjoy it.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-04-2017 08:03 PM
    I sometimes forget how flaky some people can be. I'm done trying to plan massive things with some of these people. It's just easier to do it by myself.

I'm debating if I want to be petty and opt out of the next thing that this friend tries to plan or not, just because they chose to flake. I shouldn't do that though, but the idea of it sounds nice at this time.
    09-04-2017 08:06 PM
    Yay, thank you for sharing! Nice review! I'm so glad to hear that it has been a great fit for you. I hope that you will continue to enjoy it.
    Thank you! 😊 I think I'll like it even better with the holidays coming up, since I'll get to use the camera more.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-04-2017 08:44 PM
    Laura always writes nice reviews. The V20 one was very similar to her X Pure one.

Geez, I've been here long enough to see Laura through 2 full phone cycles (920, X Pure) and her own fan thread...I feel ancient...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-04-2017 09:56 PM
    Laura always writes nice reviews. The V20 one was very similar to her X Pure one.

Geez, I've been here long enough to see Laura through 2 full phone cycles (920, X Pure) and her own fan thread...I feel ancient...
    900 to 920 (red one from Michael Archambault)

2013 Moto X 32GB Blue used to MXPE and now LG V20.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, Laura.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-04-2017 09:57 PM
    Just got something on impulse on Amazon. It's something I have been wanting for a few months now. I will post pictures once it arrives next week.
    09-04-2017 09:58 PM

Yes, I remember she had a Moto X too. The 900 I didn't remember, but you would know for sure.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-04-2017 09:59 PM

Thanks, MIA. 😊 You're not as ancient as me. I got started on CrackBerry with a BlackBerry Bold 9000(which wasn't my first smartphone, just my first on forums).
    MSFTisMIA and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    09-04-2017 10:23 PM

That's correct as well. The ones prior to those whilst I was a forum member were the BlackBerry Bold 9000 and BlackBerry Bold 9700.
    MSFTisMIA, worldspy99 and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-04-2017 10:25 PM
    Thanks, MIA. You're not as ancient as me. I got started on CrackBerry with a BlackBerry Bold 9000(which wasn't my first smartphone, just my first on forums).
    I used to read Crackberry forums during my 9550 days. I wanted a Bold 9000 really bad but went to the 9700 instead. I remember the uproar the 9700 caused...
    worldspy99 likes this.
    09-04-2017 10:25 PM
    Just got something on impulse on Amazon. It's something I have been wanting for a few months now. I will post pictures once it arrives next week.
    Cool! Please post it in the latest purchase thread too. 😊
    libra89 likes this.
    09-04-2017 10:26 PM
    That's correct as well. The ones prior to those whilst I was a forum member were the BlackBerry Bold 9000 and BlackBerry Bold 9700.
    My history goes back to December 2013 when I joined Windows Central (WP Central back then).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-04-2017 10:27 PM
    Cool! Please post it in the latest purchase thread too.
    I will have to find the latest purchase thread. But I will definitely post a picture here.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-04-2017 10:28 PM
    Once 99 jogged my memory, I believe it was you and Bigpaddy who sported red 920s. I had a white one (which I sent to my dad; ended up with a blue one way later I shipped to my friend's dad). I think Rue's was black.
    09-04-2017 10:30 PM
    My history goes back to December 2013 when I joined Windows Central (WP Central back then).
    Mine is exactly a year before you. Rubino still has left a slightly salty taste in my mouth from those early days.
    09-04-2017 10:32 PM
    Once 99 jogged my memory, I believe it was you and Bigpaddy who sported red 920s. I had a white one (which I sent to my dad; ended up with a blue one way later I shipped to my friend's dad). I think Rue's was black.
    Yes, mine was red.
    09-04-2017 10:33 PM
    Yes, mine was red.
    My impulse buy is also red
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-04-2017 10:35 PM
    I will have to find the latest purchase thread. But I will definitely post a picture here.
    Here's the link. 😊 https://forums.windowscentral.com/sh...d.php?t=450070
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    09-04-2017 10:36 PM
    I'm glad things are going well for you. That's incredibly brave to me! I cannot imagine moving to a country in which I don't speak its language. I'd have a hard time even buying things in a store.
    You'd be surprised how quickly you learn things when you live somewhere. Usually out of need. :)

Also Google Translate is very helpful.

When you decide to travel to the UK (I'm being positive here because I think you should and will), definitely go to France. Sure, go to Paris, but I highly recommend getting out to a smaller town. There's also the Loire Valley. :)

In France you typically need to know three words for a person visiting, hello, goodbye and thank you. French people are big on politeness and if go into a shop or cafe and the staff say hello, reply back and you'll have a good experience.

There are three ways of saying hello in French so it's best to go with whatever the person says to you and you reply back the same.

Also, you know a lot more French than you think. There are a lot of French words in the English language (some people may think this is the other way around). The Normans (French) invaded England and left their legacy.

The other key words to know is - boulangerie (bakery), patissiere (pastry shop) and boucher (butcher). This is still the norm in France though there are large grocery stores as well.

What I've found with travelling, in general, as tourist, show some respect for where you are and you'll have a great time, even in those places that people report on being 'rude', which gets said a lot about Paris. 90% of the time, the person complaining is the problem and all it takes is a little politeness on their part to make things easier for themselves and the person they're dealing with.

As I always see it, you're a person visiting another country, probably unfamiliar with norms of the country. You should not assume anything, even if you are paying certain amounts of money or whatever.

I do know some French having grown up in Canada and taken French lessons when younger, it is rusty and it does help but even my wife picks up things as quickly. The best way to learn though is to be there. Which is why we haven't bothered with French lessons here.

It will be interesting though.
    09-05-2017 03:39 AM
    Yep, it's black. I still have it. Along with the Z3.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-05-2017 03:41 AM
143,629 ... 54835484548554865487 ...