I'd be happy with the LG G6 Plus with SD835 and slap the Pixel launcher on it. Sans the dual speakers it would pretty much check every box on your list.
    Since LG slapped the G6+ with the S821, better satisfy with that...but at least you use the OnePlus "never settle" mantra, so good luck there...
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2017 05:42 AM
    Major babysitting duties coming up starting Friday of next week.
    But I think the kid and I are gonna have fun for 11 days!
    Have quite a few things planned out already.
    Enjoy!
    09-13-2017 06:43 AM
    I agree. Even if it works as well as Apple says I think people will look like dorks staring at the FFC.
    Integrating the FPS in the Apple logo is something they could have done easily.
    If I view this from a criminal mind, since iPhones still sell well in those realms...I'd only target iPhone X people and when you rob them, force them to use the face unlock before you flee.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-13-2017 06:45 AM
    If I view this from a criminal mind, since iPhones still sell well in those realms...I'd only target iPhone X people and when you rob them, force them to use the face unlock before you flee.
    I think most people will be looking to get the iPhone X over the 8 and 8+ simply because they look like the 7. In reality, all Apple had to do was release the X and that would have been enough.

Oh well. Still, not a fan of the facial recognition.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-13-2017 07:08 AM
    I've come to this conclusion.

You really don't know what it's like to rely on others until you want to buy/sell a house.

We finally got our contract for our French property. So that's all well and good. Things are fine there just a lot of paperwork of course... it is France after all.

However, the UK house is a bit stalled at the moment. I think partially due to inexperience on the buyer's part, their first house. In reality things should be moving smoothly.

What it is, I don't think they've been told the right information. They had some paperwork given to them on Aug 15, they didn't do anything with it, thinking they had until completion date (Dec 1) to complete it. Not realising that they needed to complete this paperwork to move things along. So even though we had plenty of time we're now getting to a critical point where we may run the risk of not selling prior to our house in France completing.

They were told about a week (or more) ago they had to get that sorted but we've not heard anything since. Even in this day and age it still takes way too much time to do 'searches' on property and that's the issue now. The longer they take to get the paperwork sorted the less chance we have in meeting the Dec 1 completion date we had planned and the date they were happy to move in.

They're renting so I'm assuming they'd like to be in prior to Christmas and all that nonsense.

I think I may have found the flaw in using online services. We used an online estate agent. They used an online lawyer (or conveyancing service) and I think this is part of the issue. Add in their inexperience and probably our online agent not following up we're now here. I've heard that people have had a few issues with online lawyers before as well.

So we'll see. So didn't need this stress.
    libra89, raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-13-2017 07:23 AM
    I've come to this conclusion.

You really don't know what it's like to rely on others until you want to buy/sell a house.

We finally got our contract for our French property. So that's all well and good. Things are fine there just a lot of paperwork of course... it is France after all.

However, the UK house is a bit stalled at the moment. I think partially due to inexperience on the buyer's part, their first house. In reality things should be moving smoothly.

What it is, I don't think they've been told the right information. They had some paperwork given to them on Aug 15, they didn't do anything with it, thinking they had until completion date (Dec 1) to complete it. Not realising that they needed to complete this paperwork to move things along. So even though we had plenty of time we're now getting to a critical point where we may run the risk of not selling prior to our house in France completing.

They were told about a week (or more) ago they had to get that sorted but we've not heard anything since. Even in this day and age it still takes way too much time to do 'searches' on property and that's the issue now. The longer they take to get the paperwork sorted the less chance we have in meeting the Dec 1 completion date we had planned and the date they were happy to move in.

They're renting so I'm assuming they'd like to be in prior to Christmas and all that nonsense.

I think I may have found the flaw in using online services. We used an online estate agent. They used an online lawyer (or conveyancing service) and I think this is part of the issue. Add in their inexperience and probably our online agent not following up we're now here. I've heard that people have had a few issues with online lawyers before as well.

So we'll see. So didn't need this stress.
    Ahh that's so annoying. I'm sorry that they did this. I really hope that they get it sorted soon so things can go the way that they should.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-13-2017 07:33 AM
    I think most people will be looking to get the iPhone X over the 8 and 8+ simply because they look like the 7. In reality, all Apple had to do was release the X and that would have been enough.

Oh well. Still, not a fan of the facial recognition.
    Which makes it that much more appealing to criminals. You'd be surprised at how similar the networks are in moving illegal guns and stolen cellphones...
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-13-2017 07:47 AM
    Ahh that's so annoying. I'm sorry that they did this. I really hope that they get it sorted soon so things can go the way that they should.
    Well it's amazing how things change quickly in an hour...

The buyers sent the paper work to the wrong address! But they have now fixed that and things are ok.

Sigh... crazy times.
    09-13-2017 08:17 AM

The buyers sent the paper work to the wrong address! But they have now fixed that and things are ok.

Sigh... crazy times.
    Wow, I wouldn't have expected that, but yay that all is good!
    09-13-2017 08:18 AM
    Which makes it that much more appealing to criminals. You'd be surprised at how similar the networks are in moving illegal guns and stolen cellphones...
    I'm not surprised really. I have had some 'dubious' contacts in the past so I'm quite aware of how things happen. I won't go into detail.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-13-2017 08:20 AM
    I know that you all are tired of my phone rambles but I think I'm going to listen to 99 and just seek a Pixel again...for the third time.
    Debating if I should seek one that can come fast like by tomorrow so I can have great concert shots (I know but this is one of my favorites so I want an awesome shot so badly) OR keep searching and have basic concert shots.

Decisions, decisions
    09-13-2017 08:25 AM

Sigh... crazy times.
    Good news indeed.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:34 AM
    Thinking about it, I think I will just keep my eyes open for a solid refurbished Pixel deal and dual wield to the concert. I hate carrying 2 phones around but at least this way, one is bound to have a decent shot.
    As for what phone is next, I don't know. Maybe a Pixel (even though I hate the lack of a mute mode/switch). I don't know if I want to do the battery case thing, which does get old after a while. I wish I had more options.
    Last edited by libra89; 09-13-2017 at 09:48 AM.
    09-13-2017 09:36 AM
    I'm not surprised really. I have had some 'dubious' contacts in the past so I'm quite aware of how things happen. I won't go into detail.
    Smartphone move. Heaven knows if 99 finds out, he might crack under pressure and spill the beans...lol.

Jokes aside, a lot of people don't know how big the stolen cellphones thing is. This also includes phones that have bad IMEI numbers on carriers in the US that are GSM capable. Fascinating stuff on one level, really...
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-13-2017 09:37 AM
    So I've identified a few potential replacements for the V20. I'm a long ways away from purchasing anything though, so options may change.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-13-2017 11:13 AM
    So I've identified a few potential replacements for the V20. I'm a long ways away from purchasing anything though, so options may change.
    Options are usually good to have though. I hope that they will work out better for you when it comes to battery life.
    09-13-2017 11:16 AM
    iMore pointed out that Apple has stopped selling the Product Red iPhone. That sucks because that was the best color (imo).
    09-13-2017 11:25 AM
    I do like the principle behind the Essential Phone. And if I was in my 99 hobby days, I would love to test out one. But, I don't love it that much to add to my list.
    09-13-2017 11:50 AM
    iMore pointed out that Apple has stopped selling the Product Red iPhone. That sucks because that was the best color (imo).
    They should have done red with a black screen the same way Google should have done the blue with a black screen.
    09-13-2017 11:51 AM
    You know you'll test it out at some point, so I'm not buying that...
    Only if it shows up at 80% off MSRP, otherwise I am absolutely not interested.
    09-13-2017 12:51 PM
    That's pretty twisted!
    09-13-2017 12:54 PM
    Thinking about it, I think I will just keep my eyes open for a solid refurbished Pixel deal and dual wield to the concert. I hate carrying 2 phones around but at least this way, one is bound to have a decent shot.
    As for what phone is next, I don't know. Maybe a Pixel (even though I hate the lack of a mute mode/switch). I don't know if I want to do the battery case thing, which does get old after a while. I wish I had more options.
    I charge my phone during the day. Even if it doesn't get to 100%, I don't care. There is always juice left throughout the rest of the day and night. Don't fret about the battery pack. I also happen to have absolutely garbage signal at work.
    09-13-2017 12:57 PM
    I do like the principle behind the Essential Phone. And if I was in my 99 hobby days, I would love to test out one. But, I don't love it that much to add to my list.
    Camera is so so.
    There is a big software snafu that they haven't fixed yet.
    For all we know, they might end up where Nextbit Robin did.
    I am steering clear from this device.
    09-13-2017 12:59 PM
    I charge my phone during the day. Even if it doesn't get to 100%, I don't care. There is always juice left throughout the rest of the day and night. Don't fret about the battery pack. I also happen to have absolutely garbage signal at work.
    I'll try not to. The battery pack comment was more so for if I decided to give the 6S a try. From what you said about the Pixel on 8.0, I'm not as concerned about it.

I can picture you doing that though.
    09-13-2017 02:05 PM
    They should have done red with a black screen the same way Google should have done the blue with a black screen.
    That's a fair point. To me, it looks nice either way.
    09-13-2017 02:39 PM
137,694 ... 54905491549254935494 ...