The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hey, 99, is this how you feel about the iPhone X?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspe.../#772571495c49
    For the most part yes. I just don't think anyone is going to get their money's worth out of this phone.
    09-14-2017 05:52 AM
    I'm up early. I have a 5AM meeting at work. It's a kickoff for a supply chain leadership program. Let's see how that goes.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-14-2017 05:53 AM
    I'm up early. I have a 5AM meeting at work. It's a kickoff for a supply chain leadership program. Let's see how that goes.
    Good luck with that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-14-2017 06:40 AM
    For the most part yes. I just don't think anyone is going to get their money's worth out of this phone.
    I don't either. But, someone will buy it. It was interesting sitting in a training two days ago and during breaks this came up. Someone talked about just paying off their phone and being unwilling to get any of the newer ones. Cannot blame them, especially when the OS updates are solid.

Diminishing returns are alive and well.
    09-14-2017 06:47 AM
    I don't either. But, someone will buy it. It was interesting sitting in a training two days ago and during breaks this came up. Someone talked about just paying off their phone and being unwilling to get any of the newer ones. Cannot blame them, especially when the OS updates are solid.

I think most people are finding that even Android phones aren't slowing down that much after a year. My Pixel runs just as good as the day it arrived almost a year later.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-14-2017 06:52 AM

The trueTM Apple fans here are drooling over the X.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-14-2017 06:54 AM
    Looks like Pixel 2 is going to be announced on October 4th.
    09-14-2017 07:10 AM
    I think most people are finding that even Android phones aren't slowing down that much after a year. My Pixel runs just as good as the day it arrived almost a year later.
    Agreed 200%. Both the Mi Note 2 and V20 run fine...even though the former is stuck on 6.0.1 currently and the later is running a US Cellular ROM from April. It's been getting closer to that point now where OEMs are having a hard time justifying upgrades.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 09-14-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    09-14-2017 07:10 AM
    Speaking of the Mi Note 2, there's the first updates to the global ROM on 7.0. I'll wait to see if I get the updates.
    09-14-2017 07:21 AM
    Speaking of the Mi Note 2, there's the first updates to the global ROM on 7.0. I'll wait to see if I get the updates.
    I hope that you get it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-14-2017 07:30 AM
    I don't know if I like the decisions that Apple has made. As much as I would love an updated iPhone SE, I have no idea how that would look like. By that, I mean based on silly little things they are doing now.
    09-14-2017 09:27 AM
    So the training session was just an intro.
    Starting Monday there will be assignments every day. This is a 12 week course taught by some big wigs in Cornell, Penn State and industry leaders.
    Should be interesting but things just got busier than they already were.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-14-2017 09:59 AM
    Starting Monday there will be assignments every day. This is a 12 week course taught by some big wigs in Cornell, Penn State and industry leaders.
    Wow that sounds like a lot going on for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-14-2017 10:01 AM
    I hope that you get it.
    I hope so too that it's done OTA. Otherwise, I'll flash the **** out of it for sure.
    09-14-2017 10:18 AM
    Training sucks. I hope it goes well for you.

I'm stuck in boot camp at work for the next two weeks and still have to see patients in between. The ideal process is to do boot camp first and then start to see patients.

So guess who got hired and then thrown to the wolves first?
    Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    09-14-2017 10:20 AM
    Thanks to 99's wisdom, I decided to jump on a Google refurbished Pixel. I compromised in color but that's okay since the savings is enough to buy accessories. I'm looking forward to it, along with the concert. Hopefully it will be the first and last concert where I will be carrying 2 phones.
    Laura Knotek and worldspy99 like this.
    09-14-2017 01:52 PM
    Thanks to 99's wisdom, I decided to jump on a Google refurbished Pixel. I compromised in color but that's okay since the savings is enough to buy accessories. I'm looking forward to it, along with the concert. Hopefully it will be the first and last concert where I will be carrying 2 phones.
    I hope this works out...although I've got sneaking suspicion...
    09-14-2017 01:57 PM
    I'm having a ball listening to iPhone using colleagues in the training crapping on Apple because of how fragile the X looks and the removal of the headphone jack. Who knew, right? Lol.
    09-14-2017 02:04 PM
    I hope this works out...although I've got sneaking suspicion...
    Thanks. I hope so too. Out of options. You know that you're out of options when you find yourself reconsidering exploring ones that you have tried before. My first Pixel was a star, but I was color struck to change it out...and have a sea of issues as a result.

I think the Pixel has been the only phone to make me even consider selling my SE. The XZ1 Compact is the ideal size but I fear waiting for a camera that isn't good at all in low light. The refreshed SE is still an idea that may or may not come to pass.

Phone research is exhausting. I just want one that will allow me to get my brain to chill out.
    09-14-2017 02:06 PM
    I'm having a ball listening to iPhone using colleagues in the training crapping on Apple because of how fragile the X looks and the removal of the headphone jack. Who knew, right? Lol.
    Haha. So I guess they are all going to hold on to their 6s phones? Lucky for them, they can always get new ones. Where were they when the 7 came out to be talking about the sadness of no headphone jack? lol
    09-14-2017 02:09 PM
    Haha. So I guess they are all going to hold on to their 6s phones? Lucky for them, they can always get new ones. Where were they when the 7 came out to be talking about the sadness of no headphone jack? lol
    If I go by how the conversation sounded, they may have crapped on the 7 removing the headphone jack. The conversation started from one who is as admitted destroyer of phones talking about how she has to be careful. The work issues iPhone 6s come with the caveat that employees are on the hook for all repairs. It then moved from being able to wreck an iPhone accidentally while using an otterbox case to the comments about the new phones.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-14-2017 05:09 PM
    Thanks. I hope so too. Out of options. You know that you're out of options when you find yourself reconsidering exploring ones that you have tried before. My first Pixel was a star, but I was color struck to change it out...and have a sea of issues as a result.

I think the Pixel has been the only phone to make me even consider selling my SE. The XZ1 Compact is the ideal size but I fear waiting for a camera that isn't good at all in low light. The refreshed SE is still an idea that may or may not come to pass.

Phone research is exhausting. I just want one that will allow me to get my brain to chill out.
    If you're the type to mess around with settings and such, you can be like some of us (especially Rue), then you can get away with a XZ1C. If you're the point and shoot with no effort type, stay with a Pixel.

Otherwise, you'll buy a XZ1C to try and get excited and then get sad when the cameras sucks in a situation you want and then you'll return it...(just my guess anyways).
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-14-2017 05:14 PM
    For me, there are only a handful of cameras that are an improvement over the Mi Note 2/V20/950XL in my stable:

Pixel, G6, V30.

On this list, lesser still have great audio.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-14-2017 05:16 PM
    If I go by how the conversation sounded, they may have crapped on the 7 removing the headphone jack. The conversation started from one who is as admitted destroyer of phones talking about how she has to be careful. The work issues iPhone 6s come with the caveat that employees are on the hook for all repairs. It then moved from being able to wreck an iPhone accidentally while using an otterbox case to the comments about the new phones.
    That makes sense. I thought the folks mentioned their personal phones and thought it might've been they are on 2 year upgrade cycles, so they weren't ready to upgrade last year.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-14-2017 05:17 PM
    Christmas in July! I'm on the train with a dude using a black Lumia 950!

Guess these are still in the wild...
    09-14-2017 05:29 PM
142,747 ... 54925493549454955496 ...