WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I can't believe how Microsoft break things in newer builds. WiFi is broken on my Surface Pro on build 10158. Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes you've got to leave them alone. I woke to seeing that there may be a pride parade in my home country this summer. I was like "Wow!". Then I got concerned with whether or not they can protect the organizers and participants, because my home country is still in the top 20 of most homophobic places to live on Earth (when I lasted looked at the list a while back)...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I'm guessing Russia is sitting at number one or is some middle east country beating it?

The whole homophobic thing boils down to (especially when it's gay men) 'being a man' and with gay women, doing the 'right' thing.

Stupid arguments all around.

As with the lady, I know there's little chance to change her which is why I tried to avoid the discussion when it came up before but yesterday she was talking with this other lady and both seemed completely immune to the reasons behind the gay marriage thing. I felt I needed to educate them. She threw the 'well the bible says' argument at me and I said 'screw the bible'. :p Terrible I know.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Another hot day in Cali right now its 24c and reach 40c in the afternoon. Yikes
sent from my rare linux green 830

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing Russia is sitting at number one or is some middle east country beating it?

The whole homophobic thing boils down to (especially when it's gay men) 'being a man' and with gay women, doing the 'right' thing.

Stupid arguments all around.

As with the lady, I know there's little chance to change her which is why I tried to avoid the discussion when it came up before but yesterday she was talking with this other lady and both seemed completely immune to the reasons behind the gay marriage thing. I felt I needed to educate them. She threw the 'well the bible says' argument at me and I said 'screw the bible'. :p Terrible I know.

I've been fortunate enough to have intelligent conversations with religious types about topics like these.

Then you get the morons who repeat the dogma and not use their brains. Those people annoy me.

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So my two returns are in. Just waiting for Amazon to send the $ back.

Now i just need Comcast to not be a ****** and I'm all set...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've been fortunate enough to have intelligent conversations with religious types about topics like these.

Then you get the morons who repeat the dogma and not use their brains. Those people annoy me.

Oh, I've had intelligent conversations with religious people as well. They're just ordinary people at the end of the day. But there's always that sticking point eventually... Never fails.

I have no qualms with religious people at all. I'm more than happy for them as grown adults to pursue their 'fun' however they see fit. It's only when their dogma tries to dictate other's lives, including mine, that there's a problem.

I could say more but I don't want to get censored.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I've had intelligent conversations with religious people as well. They're just ordinary people at the end of the day. But there's always that sticking point eventually... Never fails.

I have no qualms with religious people at all. I'm more than happy for them as grown adults to pursue their 'fun' however they see fit. It's only when their dogma tries to dictate other's lives, including mine, that there's a problem.

I could say more but I don't want to get censored.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
The whole issue of marriage is probably better in the UK (and in much of Europe) than in the US.

I know that the civil marriage is what counts as legal in many countries, and couples first get married civilly (then have a religious ceremony if they so choose). Even William and Kate had a civil wedding prior to the Royal wedding.

France is the same. They're divorced now, but Tony Parker and Eva Longoria had a civil wedding prior to their Catholic church wedding.

The difference is in the US, couples do not need a civil wedding prior to a religious wedding. Clergy are permitted to conduct weddings that are considered valid civilly. I think there would be fewer issues if everyone had to get a civil wedding, and religious people then had the option of having a religious ceremony at the house of worship of their choosing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The whole issue of marriage is probably better in the UK (and in much of Europe) than in the US.

I know that the civil marriage is what counts as legal in many countries, and couples first get married civilly (then have a religious ceremony if they so choose). Even William and Kate had a civil wedding prior to the Royal wedding.

France is the same. They're divorced now, but Tony Parker and Eva Longoria had a civil wedding prior to their Catholic church wedding.

The difference is in the US, couples do not need a civil wedding prior to a religious wedding. Clergy are permitted to conduct weddings that are considered valid civilly. I think there would be fewer issues if everyone had to get a civil wedding, and religious people then had the option of having a religious ceremony at the house of worship of their choosing.

Laura, at the end of the day though...especially here in the US it isn't about the ceremony itself of marriage. It really is about the huge benefits economically and socially that come with marriage. Economically two people in marriage have more chances of leveraging some of the tax breaks in the US. You can leverage insurance, pensions, buying a home, car, paying for school, adoption, etc much better being married than single.

I can talk of a story of a former county cop in NJ who was diagnosed with terminal cancer whose long time female partner was not eligible for the trooper's benefits due to their lesbian relationship. It was after years of advocacy and almost at the trooper's deathbed did the politicians allow for the union to be recognized and the trooper's benefits be passed along to the female partner.

Some states don't allow for adoption by LGBTQ couples...even though large percentage of the kids that need to be adopted are...LGBTQ. Even in a homophobic society as the one I was raised in, married people are still viewed on a slightly higher plane, especially in certain age groups.

These are the things the homophobic Christian young lady and I were discussing on my Facebook yesterday, or actually I was reminding her of these and she was too busy talking about deflectionary tactics such as the definition of !marriage and how the ruling "spat on God's face" to pay attention.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Laura, at the end of the day though...especially here in the US it isn't about the ceremony itself of marriage. It really is about the huge benefits economically and socially that come with marriage. Economically two people in marriage have more chances of leveraging some of the tax breaks in the US. You can leverage insurance, pensions, buying a home, car, paying for school, adoption, etc much better being married than single.

I can talk of a story of a former county cop in NJ who was diagnosed with terminal cancer whose long time female partner was not eligible for the trooper's benefits due to their lesbian relationship. It was after years of advocacy and almost at the trooper's deathbed did the politicians allow for the union to be recognized and the trooper's benefits be passed along to the female partner.

Some states don't allow for adoption by LGBTQ couples...even though large percentage of the kids that need to be adopted are...LGBTQ. Even in a homophobic society as the one I was raised in, married people are still viewed on a slightly higher plane, especially in certain age groups.

These are the things the homophobic Christian young lady and I were discussing on my Facebook yesterday, or actually I was reminding her of these and she was too busy talking about deflectionary tactics such as the definition of !marriage and how the ruling "spat on God's face" to pay attention.

I agree. I guess what I was trying to say is that marriage has more connection with religion in the US than in many European countries, since clergy are able to conduct legal marriages in the US.

By removing the legal aspect of marriage from clergy and having everyone who wishes to marry go through the civil procedure, that separates church and state even more.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You are correct with the civil ceremony being first and the religious one being second, if you want it.

I also agree that I think things would be better in the US if people saw the legal aspect of it first and the religious side second. However, I agree with MIA that many religious people target what's 'right' in god's words and the marriage is spiritual rather than legal. That's where things go wrong of course. Then the idea that it's not 'natural' which is another major fallacy of course. There's tonnes of studies that show there's lots of homosexual acts in 'nature'.

Canada is similar to the US I should point out. Except we're more liberal. :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

You are correct with the civil ceremony being first and the religious one being second, if you want it.

I also agree that I think things would be better in the US if people saw the legal aspect of it first and the religious side second. However, I agree with MIA that many religious people target what's 'right' in god's words and the marriage is spiritual rather than legal. That's where things go wrong of course. Then the idea that it's not 'natural' which is another major fallacy of course. There's tonnes of studies that show there's lots of homosexual acts in 'nature'.

Canada is similar to the US I should point out. Except we're more liberal.
Replace "marriage" with "slavery", and 2015 with 1815, and similar debates existed amongst religions and political parties.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Lol, nice one 😂
55ef240d500af74b3947107f918c6b1b.jpg

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Replace "marriage" with "slavery", and 2015 with 1815, and similar debates existed amongst religions and political parties.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

That's what some of the same religious folk are conveniently forgetting. To me, injustice is injustice. I'm not in the mood to cherry pick causes.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

At this point in time, it is hard to fathom it has fundamental flaws.

Sent by my Honor 6

Well nothing's perfect, heck even on stable machines updates are bound to break things . Now since the update is going out in one month , they better fix that :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Well nothing's perfect, heck even on stable machines updates are bound to break things . Now since the update is going out in one month , they better fix that :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

10159 is on the fast ring today...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So...I really like the Moto X 2014. It really has me torn.

I went to look at the Droid Turbo (VZW version of the Moto Maxx). It feels good in hand. I like the fact that it has all the nice things of the Moto X, and it really addresses the two big shortcomings for me...the tiny *** battery and the lack of wireless charging. The battery and processor are better. Here's the issue:

1) the Moto X has the better feel in hand than the Turbo. I own a Z3 and the Turbo feels better in hand than that, and the X has them best handily

2) it looks better than the Turbo, design wise...even though the balltic nylon is really cool

3) I currently own it...and the Maxx is significantly more expensive (even used) and harder to get...maybe have to trade two things to get one.

So it is more to sleep on...I can work around the small *** battery by managing the phone and limiting expectations to a daily charge. I can work around the lack of built in Qi with the recover I bought, which works pretty well.

But, the big question - I prefer the built in convenience. Is it worth going through the hassle to try to land a Moto Maxx?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077