that happens to many of us these days. Technically I should he either watching the NFL highlights to see how well I did in the office pool or be studying for my mid-term on Wednesday, but I did an outline for a paper due in two weeks tonight so I wasn't a bum.

Being a full time student and working full time s.u.c.k.s. but what must be done, has to get done.
    well that's the only thing I hate about college for me its 60 percent college and 20 percent studying 10 percent working ( part time) 5 percent me and 5 percent time for peeps like friends and family
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-20-2013 11:00 PM
    heheheh looks like you ask a lot when it comes to specs which you should be but as along as peeps form the android community don't find a way to make virus to jump from one OS to the other i don't mind.... I trust the secure OS on windows phones just don't trust android
    I dont think I'm asking too much specs wise, just thinking of how nicely WP8 could run on Android level specs. A spec sheet is irrelevant if software doesn't take advantage of the hardware. That's the one thing I give Apple credit for - they maximize their hardware with their software for the most part.

I guess for my needs WP8 and Android are the best fits. im not so much into apps so im not into iOS. i still have over 300 paid and free iOS apps in my iTunes and i miss using only 4 - 3 of which are games...2 chess apps, infinity blade and kotoba (a killer japanese dictionary).

I guess WP works for me because i don't like gmail as much as i used to and the only Google apps I still respect are Search/Google Now and Maps. Hardware wise, i don't need all the gimmicks...i told the GF that performance is important for me so i would never own a S4 as i would have to root it and rip most of the stuff out and keep it stock. The only Skin that appeals to me now for Android is Sony. Outside of the Xperia Z line, it has to be Nexus for me to use Android consistently.

Plus I like where MSFT is going, just not the pace at which they're moving. I like walking into a room full of Androids and iPhones and rocking my 8X or 810. Sometimes the coolest thing is being different...
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-20-2013 11:09 PM
    well that's the only thing I hate about college for me its 60 percent college and 20 percent studying 10 percent working ( part time) 5 percent me and 5 percent time for peeps like friends and family
    Well, that's the beauty of college is to learn how to juggle those things. You should be fine as long as figure out that balance successfully. Guess I'm getting older when I can suggest to my patients (many in your age bracket) about helpful study tips and note taking and self care...
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-20-2013 11:13 PM
    I dont think I'm asking too much specs wise, just thinking of how nicely WP8 could run on Android level specs. A spec sheet is irrelevant if software doesn't take advantage of the hardware. That's the one thing I give Apple credit for - they maximize their hardware with their software for the most part.

I guess for my needs WP8 and Android are the best fits. im not so much into apps so im not into iOS. i still have over 300 paid and free iOS apps in my iTunes and i miss using only 4 - 3 of which are games...2 chess apps, infinity blade and kotoba (a killer japanese dictionary).

I guess WP works for me because i don't like gmail as much as i used to and the only Google apps I still respect are Search/Google Now and Maps. Hardware wise, i dont need all the gimmicks...i told the GF that performance is important for me so i would never own a S4 as i would have to root it and rip most of the stuff out and keep it stock. The only Skin that appeals to me now for Android is Sony. Outside of the Xperia Z line, it has to be Nexus for me to use Android consistently.
    yup id take sable and secure os over android any day, im the type of person that i like a fluid OS so i can get things done and not worry about " is my battery going to die , do i have to manage my files, Do i have to turn automatic brightness off " etc....... that is why im not the spec type either because why do people want 1080p screens only to watch a video or quad core or even octa-core ..wtf are they doing that they need to have those specs to later start complaining " why does my battery die so fast or ugh my phone died " and I agree if I were to EVER ( never ) go to android I would get stock android
    10-20-2013 11:18 PM
    Well, that's the beauty of college is to learn how to juggle those things. You should be fine as long as figure out that balance successfully. Guess I'm getting older when I can suggest to my patients (many in your age bracket) about helpful study tips and note taking and self care...
    well im not dead yet so i think I'm doing good but your right its college where you either learn how to manage your time or risk wasting time in something you might not be ready for and even if you are ready you best know who to keep stress in check sure i learned how to manage my time but jeez its still hard to make time for friends and im amazed that i even made time for my ex maybe the saying is true " if something matters to you, you make time regardless how busy you are"
    10-20-2013 11:21 PM
    well time to go to sleep .... and start another week of school maybe this week I will think about my ex a little bit less .. nah what am i saying anyways good night MSFTisMIA and good night to the rest of the peeps that will post something here right after I leave
    10-21-2013 12:02 AM
    maybe the saying is true " if something matters to you, you make time regardless how busy you are"
    That's the key right there.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-21-2013 12:10 AM
    You on contract?
    I am just too old to waste money on a new phone, when I don't really need it.

Nowadays it is all bigger numbers and no innovation. Sure I miss some features, but I do that since Windows Phone was released.
    10-21-2013 12:13 AM
    yup id take sable and secure os over android any day, im the type of person that i like a fluid OS so i can get things done and not worry about " is my battery going to die , do i have to manage my files, Do i have to turn automatic brightness off " etc....... that is why im not the spec type either because why do people want 1080p screens only to watch a video or quad core or even octa-core ..wtf are they doing that they need to have those specs to later start complaining " why does my battery die so fast or ugh my phone died " and I agree if I were to EVER ( never ) go to android I would get stock android
    Battery life HAS gotten better with Android, I won't lie. If I was into it, I would use my Nexus 4 or own a Xperia Z/Z1. Nothing else appeals to me. HTC needs an upgrade to the camera in the HTC One come next year though.

I'm just over the while apps thing, hence iOS I use for a doorstop. WP8 is just better at all the tasks I want to do, and that's what counts for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-21-2013 12:18 AM
    I am just too old to waste money on a new phone, when I don't really need it.

Nowadays it is all bigger numbers and no innovation. Sure I miss some features, but I do that since Windows Phone was released.
    I think this sentiment is what more OEMs will run into going forward in the high end market. With things as they are iin the global economy it may be more about tighter integration of services...so people are going to be frugal with their upgrades. Even myself is trying to be smarter about how I change out my tech because there is just more pressing things to spend money on...
    10-21-2013 12:24 AM
    Morning. Way too early to be talking about phones... I'm tired from all the driving I did on the weekend. I have way too much bread...
    10-21-2013 12:25 AM
    Morning. Way too early to be talking about phones... I'm tired from all the driving I did on the weekend. I have way too much bread...
    morning. I haven't gotten sleep so I will do a more thorough check in about 5-6 hours...hope you had a good weekend even with all that driving...
    10-21-2013 12:28 AM
    Yeah, was a nice drive. Weather wasn't as bad as predicted. We drove to the south of Wales. Brecon Beacons. I'm a little peeved at Here Drive again.
    Chregu likes this.
    10-21-2013 12:59 AM
    :P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    10-21-2013 01:04 AM
    :P

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Is that telling us something? :P
    10-21-2013 01:11 AM
    Is that telling us something? :P
    Last time he was writing about Talk Mobile in a negative attitude, now he's posting from a Nexus 4, I think it's really time to think about him being Ambassador ;-)
    10-21-2013 01:16 AM
    Last time he was writing about Talk Mobile in a negative attitude, now he's posting from a Nexus 4, I think it's really time to think about him being Ambassador ;-)
    Maybe he should be a Android central ambassador. :P
    10-21-2013 01:19 AM
    What kind of bread do you have?
    10-21-2013 01:25 AM
    He should have waited for the Nexus 5 though. The Nexus 4 is old, not very pretty and has a terrible battery.
    10-21-2013 01:27 AM
    Nothing wrong with trying different devices. There are Moderators on CrackBerry who use Androids.
    10-21-2013 01:29 AM
    Nothing wrong with trying different devices. There are Moderators on CrackBerry who use Androids.
    It's all about motivation. If they use Android but are still motivated to read through pages of BlackBerry posts, everything is all right. However BlackBerry seems to be a sinking ship at the moment, and these mods already took the way out. I'm not sure if I could motivate myself to do that in a similar situation.
    10-21-2013 01:42 AM
    What kind of bread do you have?
    I have the following... keep in mind I don't have much freezer space.

3 - loaves of soda bread
    3 - large loaves of seeded grainery bread
    2 - small loaves of seeded grainery bread
    4 - focaccia with personal toppings
    8 - focaccia buns for lunch

Yes I have pictures. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-21-2013 01:56 AM
    I have the following... keep in mind I don't have much freezer space.

3 - loaves of soda bread
    3 - large loaves of seeded grainery bread
    2 - small loaves of seeded grainery bread
    4 - focaccia with personal toppings
    8 - focaccia buns for lunch

Yes I have pictures. :)
    Please send me the bread! That sounds delicious.
    10-21-2013 02:38 AM
    I really like Warren Zevon's music. I've been listening to some lesser known Warren Zevon tracks lately.

10-21-2013 02:40 AM
    10-21-2013 02:41 AM
142,743 ... 548549550551552 ...