Because I'm being more conservative with my Bluetooth usage in the interim, I'm test driving the Mi Note 2 today with the new update. Honestly, it makes me want to go with the XL, but I may rotate devices.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-18-2017 10:30 AM
    I wonder if Google will be more proactive with Android Wear and treat security updates on those devices in the same way it does for Pixel phones? If they did, I'd be more comfortable stomaching going to 2.0. But the devil is in the details, as usual.

That the crappy part of creating a product and pushing it to consumers and now that it's bought to maintain it. But, that's why I'm a consumer and not an executive tasked to problem solve this stuff...
    09-18-2017 10:33 AM
    Whoa that sucks :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2017 10:35 AM
    Good luck! The process can be nerve wracking, but nice because you can get positive reinforcement as to where you are from those who know you...that's a great feeling indeed.
    Thank you! It isn't due until the following week to be exact but I don't want to submit it then. I want to submit it earlier so that can be done. The 2nd concert of the month (to see my other favorite) is also the day it is due too, which is why this is additionally tough (100 tickets left as of Friday too).

I agree about what you said though, it is a great feeling. I have known him for 5 years (whoa). He's always been in my corner even though he is is an interesting guy. I will be so glad when I'm done the application. One of my coworkers also doing this said that she plans to have a glass of wine after submitting lol
    09-18-2017 10:45 AM
    I think that's where my gripe is...we often push critical thinking and innovation like it's something ingrained and natural.
    This is my company's stance currently. There's a push to be 'innovative'. Which I find hysterical considering we're using outdated software and old PCs. Not to mention that they profit from it and all you get is a pat on the back and lame thank you... no thanks.

If there's one thing that's certain, critical thinking and innovation is not ingrained from birth, one look at society is all it take for anyone to verify this. Both can be and should be taught. Unfortunately the schooling process doesn't allow time for it and I could see parents complaining about it sadly.

I think the movie 'Dead Poets Society' should be recommended viewing in schools. :P Never before has school, parenting and society been shown more bare.
    09-18-2017 10:55 AM
    Not sure if I have given any recent updates on my status...

So we got the France property contract, signed and sent back... all 130+ pages. We found out that the old couple that used to live there had 13 kids! The sell of the house is under power of attorney. The father had died and the mother is in a nursing home.

Our property in the UK is still moving along. Not much to report other than we're now just waiting for the house searches to complete.

Our France bank is asking for more information for the mortgage as it's taken a while to get the contract from the lawyer but that should be straight forward hopefully.

Once the mortgage is approved we'll move on to the next stage which is setting our definite move date.

Currently that's Nov 28th. :)
    09-18-2017 11:06 AM

So we got the France property contract, signed and sent back... all 130+ pages. We found out that the old couple that used to live there had 13 kids! The sell of the house is under power of attorney. The father had died and the mother is in a nursing home.

Our property in the UK is still moving along. Not much to report other than we're now just waiting for the house searches to complete.

Our France bank is asking for more information for the mortgage as it's taken a while to get the contract from the lawyer but that should be straight forward hopefully.

Once the mortgage is approved we'll move on to the next stage which is setting our definite move date.

Yay! Congrats on that massive step!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2017 11:39 AM
    Well, well, well.
    Looks like TMO did some house keeping over the weekend.
    I have full signal at my desk.
    Hell has officially frozen over!
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-18-2017 11:57 AM
    Sorry for being incommunicado over the weekend.
    Had a minor incident at home and ended up spending a lot of time at the ER.
    Wife decided to ride the kid's scooter and that definitely didn't go too well for her!
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-18-2017 11:59 AM
    Wife decided to ride the kid's scooter and that definitely didn't go too well for her!
    Oh no :( Glad to hear that she is ok.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2017 12:08 PM
    Well, well, well.
    Looks like TMO did some house keeping over the weekend.
    I have full signal at my desk.
    Hell has officially frozen over!
    Wow, that's awesome! You didn't change phones, right?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2017 12:11 PM
    This is my company's stance currently. There's a push to be 'innovative'. Which I find hysterical considering we're using outdated software and old PCs. Not to mention that they profit from it and all you get is a pat on the back and lame thank you... no thanks.

If there's one thing that's certain, critical thinking and innovation is not ingrained from birth, one look at society is all it take for anyone to verify this. Both can be and should be taught. Unfortunately the schooling process doesn't allow time for it and I could see parents complaining about it sadly.

I think the movie 'Dead Poets Society' should be recommended viewing in schools. Never before has school, parenting and society been shown more bare.
    Agreed. It's the one gripe I had in my old department with leadership there...and why they never wanted to offer me promotions. I saw that all they wanted to do was throw stuff on the wall and saw what stuck and swoop in to take credit for it.

So I used to do what they asked and never gave them any new ideas.

It's just a lack of trust that doesn't help matters.
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-18-2017 12:51 PM
    Wow, that's awesome! You didn't change phones, right?
    Nope. No changes to the devices.
    09-18-2017 12:59 PM
    I love the in hand feel of the Mi Note 2. I do love the heft of the V20, but I tell you that if the V30 has a similar in hand feel as the Mi Note 2, it'll be very interesting...
    09-18-2017 01:00 PM

Fingers crossed. Things are moving along slowly but surely for you!
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-18-2017 01:01 PM
    I love the in hand feel of the Mi Note 2. I do love the heft of the V20, but I tell you that if the V30 has a similar in hand feel as the Mi Note 2, it'll be very interesting...
    I am pretty sure the V30 is closer to the Mi Note 2 in terms of feel in hand, weight, size etc. Here is a quick comparison:

Mi Note 2
    Dimensions (mm)
    151.80 x 75.50 x 7.70
    Weight (g)
    Battery capacity (mAh)

LG V30
    Dimensions (mm)
    151.70 x 75.40 x 7.30
    Weight (g)
    Battery capacity (mAh)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2017 01:04 PM
    Because I'm being more conservative with my Bluetooth usage in the interim, I'm test driving the Mi Note 2 today with the new update. Honestly, it makes me want to go with the XL, but I may rotate devices.
    I'm curious to how it will go for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2017 01:11 PM
    It's a happy Windows Mobile day today. While our power was restored over the weekend, AT&T hasn't gotten around to fixing DSL yet. We had to get some time-critical emails out and since none of the desktops have Wi-Fi cards, it was Continuum to the rescue.

Part 2 of the happy day is that I finally got my Fitbit Blaze working properly with all my chosen apps sending notifications. 🤣

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    09-18-2017 01:48 PM
    Yikes! I hope she's feeling better.
    libra89, MSFTisMIA and worldspy99 like this.
    09-18-2017 03:50 PM
    I am pretty sure the V30 is closer to the Mi Note 2 in terms of feel in hand, weight, size etc. Here is a quick comparison:

Mi Note 2
    Dimensions (mm)
    151.80 x 75.50 x 7.70
    Weight (g)
    Battery capacity (mAh)

LG V30
    Dimensions (mm)
    151.70 x 75.40 x 7.30
    Weight (g)
    Battery capacity (mAh)
    Numbers look good. I'll tell you what, for a phone that heavy, the Mi Note 2 has nice balance...it's almost as heavy as the 920 but not as chunky feeling.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-18-2017 04:38 PM
    Battery life has been OK. I left home with 75% and now's it's at 50%. I do think a factory reset is in order though.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-18-2017 04:39 PM
    Yikes! I hope she's feeling better.
    Agreed, 99. Hope things are improved for her there.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    09-18-2017 04:40 PM
    It's been ok. It's akin to wearing a Wear watch that's synced to a different phone so you leave it in flight mode to save battery and not be stupid.

What just sucks is knowing that people can walk around with their Apple devices and not worry about this at all since Apple has a patch. Just annoying...it really is.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-18-2017 04:43 PM
    I'm so over the paperwork... Sadly I'll have more to do once I'm in France...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-18-2017 05:21 PM
    So, I went browsing in Best Buy today and here are my thoughts:

1) My mitts are too big. Lol. You'll see why in a second.

2) Note 8 is nice. I can use it one handed comfortably because of how narrow it is and the size of my mitts. While I'm not a fan of the fingerprint scanner placement, I could reach it without minimal issues with either finger in either hand.

3) S8 Active is... OK. But I can see why someone would like it.

4) S8+...again, one handed use isn't an issue for me...thumbs can cover all corners of the display comfortably due to how narrow it is. Like the tweaks Samsung made for the fingerprint scanner placement on the Note 8 making it easier to find.

5) To my surprise...I love the Essential Phone's...DESIGN. Clean. Minimal. Industrial. Modern. It feels compact in hand too. Same size as a Axon 7 mini but with more screen. Smaller slightly than a G5 but with more screen. God love it. If this was my old days where I didn't mind using Bluetooth headsets, or a ****ty camera, I'd be all over it. The screen is nice. I can see where viewing outdoors can be tricky...but the phone gets props from me for the design and lack of cruft on it.

Software is bare bones, man. Reminds me of a Slim ROM where there nothing on it.

So why would I skip the Essential Phone? Camera, no headphone jack, no wireless charging, and I don't like the price for what they're asking for. For $450, I'd love to root and ROM this...but as it stands, nope. Honestly, the Pixel 128GB still beats the Essential Phone on software and camera by a country mile.

Still, #datdesignthough...top 3 so far in 2017 for design in my book.
    09-18-2017 05:29 PM
145,282 ... 54985499550055015502 ...