Darn, there goes another!!
    The missus finally traded in her 1520 and switched to a Vivo ... Aaaaaaarrgh. But whatever makes her happy 😊

... !
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-19-2017 03:18 AM
    Great signal at work, coupled with Oreo means superb battery life on the Pixel!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...27335c4ccd.jpg
    You're giving me hope! My signal is really good at work but okay at home (it bounces between good and bad in different parts of the home; T-Mo was kind of similar on that before, not sure how it is now). I'll find out soon...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 08:18 AM
    So iOS 11 drops today and I'm not sure if I'm going to update it or not on my SE. Definitely not today (I can always wait for people to share their experience; made that mistake with iOS 10 and that was a hot mess).

There was an article on iMore asking if you should update, and I commented saying that I might not. Someone tells me (via a reply of course) that I shouldn't be that person, but what does that even mean? I don't think it's a bad thing to not want to have issues that weren't present before and mainly ones that can come with being the first to update.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 09:33 AM
    So iOS 11 drops today and I'm not sure if I'm going to update it or not on my SE. Definitely not today (I can always wait for people to share their experience; made that mistake with iOS 10 and that was a hot mess).

There was an article on iMore asking if you should update, and I commented saying that I might not. Someone tells me (via a reply of course) that I shouldn't be that person, but what does that even mean? I don't think it's a bad thing to not want to have issues that weren't present before and mainly ones that can come with being the first to update.
    There's that isheep mentality​ again where in the group if you don't conform, you get shunned. SMH...
    09-19-2017 10:06 AM

Hey girl, if that person wants to go over the cliff with the rest of the sheep, hasta la vista baby!

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    09-19-2017 10:25 AM
    Moto who? Sony why?

I think you're spot on. The G6 will make a nice value for money phone over the holidays and into early next year like the G5 is still a great bang for buck phone right now (and the V20 by extension). Lots of OEMs will get butthurt this year. It's why Alcatel and honor went in different directions in 2017 in the US as opposed to swinging for the fences as they did in 2016.

Speaking of Huawei...what a beast the Mate 9 still is...and it isn't that much bigger than the Mi Note 2. I saw it and the Honor 8 today and just shook my head. I kinda wish I tried a Mate 9 to test out...I might have liked it enough to somewhat stomach EMUI.

Lots of good deals to be had if you shop around smartly...
    Mate 9 was/is a great device.
    EMUI 5.0 with Pixel launcher would have kept you happy.
    I have the exact same hardware and launcher setup on MediaPad M3 and cannot be happier.
    09-19-2017 10:34 AM

6S hardware in the SE, I would not jump up and down to install iOS 11.
    09-19-2017 10:37 AM
    6S hardware in the SE, I would not jump up and down to install iOS 11.
    Exactly. That's how I feel too here. I'm going to download iOS 10 after all since I am having silly app glitches, mainly with ones that I actually use.

I didn't want to do it but these app glitches are such a nuisance.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 11:01 AM
    Mate 9 was/is a great device.
    EMUI 5.0 with Pixel launcher would have kept you happy.
    I have the exact same hardware and launcher setup on MediaPad M3 and cannot be happier.
    There's lots of hardware I see I like and can comfortably use.

The problem is software support.
    09-19-2017 11:07 AM
    My favorite line from the iPhone 8 review over at The Verge by Nilay Patel.

"We ran around shooting with an iPhone 8, a Pixel XL, and S8, and iPhone 7 on auto, and the iPhone 8 produced the most consistent and richest images of the group, although the Pixel was the clear winner several times, especially in extreme low light."
    09-19-2017 11:53 AM
    I finally decided to update my SE to the latest iOS 10 version before I couldn't anymore. A couple of months ago, I bought 2 SEs to test if VoLTE works on them and they didn't work.

I feel so dumb now because it works now. It just took updating for that to happen. And now I feel like I don't even have a chance to try it out because my Pixel is incoming.

It might sound ridiculous but I'm kind of second guessing the Pixel. I have missed this feature (and also the speeds, but that is a given) since leaving T-mobile and the fact that I have it now but I plan to leave it sucks, especially since it's not going to be on the Pixel (I doubt it, since this is cricket).

Definitely having mixed feelings now.
    Last edited by libra89; 09-19-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 05:10 PM
    I finally decided to update my SE to the latest iOS 10 version before I couldn't anymore. A couple of months ago, I bought 2 SEs to test if VoLTE works on them and they didn't work.

I feel so dumb now because it works now. It just took updating for that to happen. And now I feel like I don't even have a chance to try it out because my Pixel is incoming.

It might sound ridiculous but I'm kind of second guessing the Pixel. I have missed this feature (and also the speeds, but that is a given) since leaving T-mobile and the fact that I have it now but I plan to leave it sucks, especially since it's not going to be on the Pixel (I doubt it, since this is cricket).

Definitely having mixed feelings now.
    Rehab...rehab...

Sounds like a tough spot to be in..
    09-19-2017 05:39 PM
    Rehab...rehab...

C'mon cut the kid some slack. Tell me you didn't goof up when you were in your 20s. If you're married and say no you're a bold faced liar. 😋

09-19-2017 05:53 PM
    C'mon cut the kid some slack. Tell me you didn't goof up when you were in your 20s. If you're married and say no you're a bold faced liar.

Kind Sir, our dear friend 99 can speak in great depth of how my own flipping of phones was very similar to the young lady here at my peak days in yesterday year. I almost used to keep pace with him at one point. Lol. Key word - almost.

She's "chasing the dragon", man. We all are in our own way with different things. I hope she finds it...when I say rehab, I mean as long as she truly stays in tune with what she is looking for, then it doesn't matter as much how many phones she goes through.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 06:22 PM
    My favorite line from the iPhone 8 review over at The Verge by Nilay Patel.

"We ran around shooting with an iPhone 8, a Pixel XL, and S8, and iPhone 7 on auto, and the iPhone 8 produced the most consistent and richest images of the group, although the Pixel was the clear winner several times, especially in extreme low light."
    iPhone cameras have become so...median. I remember when If you didn't have a Lumia (for the real pros) or an iPhone (for the point and shoot crowd), you were assed out in photography. Now, there as so, so many cameras on point and shoot status that is better (or an minimum) equal in great lighting to the iPhone it's just not funny.

My sister has a 6S too and she was doing all sorts of contortions to get a nice group shot at her birthday brunch two weeks ago. The picture came out ok...but I was just sitting in the corner saying "a Pixel/S8/G6/Mate 9 and the old 950XL would have still taken a better shot in this lighting."

iPhone cameras are still good, just not class leading to me...and haven't been so in a few years either...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 06:27 PM
    Based on the Pixel 2 pricing leaks, looks like I am either staying put with my current Pixel (which according to Nilay still takes kick *** pictures compared to the new iPhone 8) or caving in and getting the LG V30 which will surely get a bigger price cut than a Pixel 2 XL will.
    09-19-2017 07:02 PM
    Kind Sir, our dear friend 99 can speak in great depth of how my own flipping of phones was very similar to the young lady here at my peak days in yesterday year. I almost used to keep pace with him at one point. Lol. Key word - almost.

She's "chasing the dragon", man. We all are in our own way with different things. I hope she finds it...when I say rehab, I mean as long as she truly stays in tune with what she is looking for, then it doesn't matter as much how many phones she goes through.
    I know you meant no harm, it's just the daddy in me. I'm still chasing the perfect wave myself as a true Windows fan tends to do. I was so close to pulling the trigger on a V20 today. In no small part based on your and Laura's comments but.......It just didn't feel right in my hands. Nothing I can put in words, just a feeling.

09-19-2017 07:21 PM
    Rehab...rehab...

No comment for the first part of your comment.

As for the second part, it is a bummer since changing over made me lose this but it should be fine. The Pixel is in great condition and the seller even took the time to fully charge it for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:26 PM
    I know you meant no harm, it's just the daddy in me. I'm still chasing the perfect wave myself as a true Windows fan tends to do. I was so close to pulling the trigger on a V20 today. In no small part based on your and Laura's comments but.......It just didn't feel right in my hands. Nothing I can put in words, just a feeling.

I get you. Parents will always be a parent.

As for the V20, I totally get you. It's got this in hand feel that has to grow on you a little bit. It doesn't feel bad initially, but it's pretty stark and can be off putting for some. It's a charming utilitarian device for sure. The closest thing to it is a Pixel XL. Initially, I put a silicone case on it and for me it made the in hand feel worse.

Now, I rock mine no case. A good sweet spot for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:29 PM

Aw that's so hard. The struggle is really real. I feel like I'm at the end of the line of my choices. You switch more than I do.

For a second, I thought about entertaining the A3 until app performance showed itself.
    Missing that mute mode/switch though...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:29 PM
    Based on the Pixel 2 pricing leaks, looks like I am either staying put with my current Pixel (which according to Nilay still takes kick *** pictures compared to the new iPhone 8) or caving in and getting the LG V30 which will surely get a bigger price cut than a Pixel 2 XL will.
    After you shared that quote, I had to see the pictures for myself. The Pixel was such a champ. Seems like a win win situation for you here.
    Laura Knotek and worldspy99 like this.
    09-19-2017 07:30 PM
    Looks like this is how your wallet feels about the fall 2017 offerings from Google and Apple in the value department...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 07:32 PM
    iOS 11 gold master whatever is still full of bugs. Looks like those who worked on it don't know how to fix bugs. Been with the beta program since beta 1 and many bugs still persist!

Sent from mTalk
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-19-2017 07:57 PM
    I won't lie...that trip into Best Buy had me yearning to test out both the Essential phone and the Mate 9. Mate 9 has gotten relatively cheap...so, who knows. If I didn't have a Mi Note 2, I'd certainly try the Mate 9. Hardware wise it makes a very compelling option. I suppose a part of me could go a Pixel + Mate 9 combo for a small phone, big phone set up.

Oh well, fantasy is nice sometimes...
    09-19-2017 10:21 PM
    I'm just not sold on Huawei as a brand. They made some really garbage cars up until just a few years ago. Their HVAC systems are the equivalent of dog excrement and their heavy equipment rusts right as you look at it. Caterpillar has nothing to worry about.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 10:50 PM
143,629 ... 55005501550255035504 ...