I get you. Parents will always be a parent.

As for the V20, I totally get you. It's got this in hand feel that has to grow on you a little bit. It doesn't feel bad initially, but it's pretty stark and can be off putting for some. It's a charming utilitarian device for sure. The closest thing to it is a Pixel XL. Initially, I put a silicone case on it and for me it made the in hand feel worse.

Now, I rock mine no case. A good sweet spot for me.
    I bought a clear Speck case, but I've opted to go caseless, since I have no issues gripping it without a case, and I'm using a tempered glass screen protector. It's much more easy to grip and hold without case than my old MXPE was. I don't have huge hands. I wear size 8 gloves.
    09-19-2017 11:10 PM
    I get you. Parents will always be a parent.

As for the V20, I totally get you. It's got this in hand feel that has to grow on you a little bit. It doesn't feel bad initially, but it's pretty stark and can be off putting for some. It's a charming utilitarian device for sure. The closest thing to it is a Pixel XL. Initially, I put a silicone case on it and for me it made the in hand feel worse.

Now, I rock mine no case. A good sweet spot for me.
    Having sampled both devices, the in hand ergonomics of the V20 are slightly superior to the Pixel XL.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 11:10 PM
    I'm just hoping that the Mix 2, V30 and the Mate 10 show up simultaneously from my source.
    Fingers crossed.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-19-2017 11:15 PM
    I'm just hoping that the Mix 2, V30 and the Mate 10 show up simultaneously from my source.
    Fingers crossed.
    If that happened, this might be your reaction...

Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-19-2017 11:32 PM
    Having sampled both devices, the in hand ergonomics of the V20 are slightly superior to the Pixel XL.
    I figured they were in the same league but the V20 a little better.

Pixel was the one phone that was meh as a 5.5" and very good as a 5" with the exact same design. Not even the iPhone 7 and 7+ felt so stark.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-19-2017 11:34 PM
    Fired up my old Android tablet after almost a year. Man it's gonna be a while before all the apps are updated. Need to do some testing for a friend of mine who is helping out a non profit organization.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-20-2017 12:13 AM
    Fired up my old Android tablet after almost a year. Man it's gonna be a while before all the apps are updated. Need to do some testing for a friend of mine who is helping out a non profit organization.
    Did the same for my old Sony Xperia D5303 and it ran out of space updating some 26 apps and system files...

Sent from mTalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-20-2017 01:35 AM
    I wonder how long it will take for OEMs to issue patches to fix the BlueBorne issue?

Very curious to see indeed...
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-20-2017 07:43 AM
    I haven't tried the Pixel since switching carriers and whoa, it gets some impressive speeds that I haven't experienced since I have been on this network.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-20-2017 07:45 AM
    I haven't tried the Pixel since switching carriers and whoa, it gets some impressive speeds that I haven't experienced since I have been on this network.
    I ran the battery down to 13% yesterday at 12:30AM, it had been off for almost 19 hours and had 4+ hours of SOT.

I love Oreo on the Pixel.
    09-20-2017 08:26 AM
    Did the same for my old Sony Xperia D5303 and it ran out of space updating some 26 apps and system files...

Sent from mTalk
    About an hour and a half later everything was okay. I deleted half the apps on it since my kid has moved on to a newer iPad. It did the job well enough though and based on those results we identified a decent clone for bulk purchase for that non profit organization.

It was a long night though.
    09-20-2017 08:28 AM
    iOS 11 gold master whatever is still full of bugs. Looks like those who worked on it don't know how to fix bugs. Been with the beta program since beta 1 and many bugs still persist!

Sent from mTalk
    But, does it "seem" faster?
    That's the million dollar question!
    09-20-2017 08:29 AM
    Nope. Slooow on my 6.
    09-20-2017 08:31 AM
    I thought the million dollar question was "am I still pretty?"

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    09-20-2017 09:05 AM
    Nope. Slooow on my 6.
    Not surprised. That's always the ugly truth about any newer software running on older hardware...
    09-20-2017 10:52 AM
    Got that last recommendation letter in just now so I bought a ticket to the concert! The concert scared me with being sold out but a few reserved tickets remain (like less than 5 whoa).

Between the choice of being 11 seats back from the stage and 4 people in, or being at the front row but on a side for $11 more, I chose the latter. I'm going to see my other favorite (I have 3, saw one this past Friday, saw the original one in April and this is the last one)!!

Also going to submit my application soon too, as soon as I get feedback from that other reviewer...
    09-20-2017 11:06 AM
    Hospital work is a pain in the *** at times...
    09-20-2017 01:00 PM
    Changed my mind and went for the V20 after all. Just started to BlackBerry-ize the launcher, keyboard and install the Hub.
    09-20-2017 02:08 PM
    I think I'm broken. I have mixed phone feelings now. My dBrand skin came a day early and now I don't even know if I want to put it on. This is ridiculous.

I know what MIA's response will be, though. Maybe it would help me to make a list.
    09-20-2017 02:10 PM
    Changed my mind and went for the V20 after all. Just started to BlackBerry-ize the launcher, keyboard and install the Hub.
    I think we share a mind or mindset at the moment. You changed your mind and you're trying out the V20. I was really excited about the Pixel, then had mixed feelings and then changed my mind? Dunno, but we flipped places LOL.

Anyway, I'm curious on your impressions on it. I'm glad that you decided to try it after all, because that way, you'll know how it goes for you once installing the Hub and using it for a bit. Congrats!
    Last edited by libra89; 09-20-2017 at 02:28 PM.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    09-20-2017 02:15 PM
    <snip>
    Also going to submit my application soon too, as soon as I get feedback from that other reviewer...
    Got feedback from the other reviewer for my essays. This means that it is all on me to submit now. That is terrifying. I have one last thing to edit and then I will submit it either tonight or tomorrow.
    09-20-2017 02:53 PM
    Got feedback from the other reviewer for my essays. This means that it is all on me to submit now. That is terrifying. I have one last thing to edit and then I will submit it either tonight or tomorrow.
    Awesome.
    Good luck.
    09-20-2017 03:22 PM
    Awesome.
    Good luck.
    Thank you!
    09-20-2017 03:26 PM
    Nice. Silver or black?
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    09-20-2017 04:21 PM
    I think I'm broken. I have mixed phone feelings now. My dBrand skin came a day early and now I don't even know if I want to put it on. This is ridiculous.

I know what MIA's response will be, though. Maybe it would help me to make a list.
    My response is to give you a hug. No one likes being type casted. You'll figure it out soon enough.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-20-2017 04:25 PM
143,653 ... 55015502550355045505 ...