I think I'm broken. I have mixed phone feelings now. My dBrand skin came a day early and now I don't even know if I want to put it on. This is ridiculous.

I know what MIA's response will be, though. Maybe it would help me to make a list.
    Is this for the Pixel?
    libra89 likes this.
    09-20-2017 04:42 PM
    So somehow when my Pixel got updated to Oreo, I stopped getting Tapatalk notifications. My Huawei MediaPad M3 still got all notifications correctly even though it is stuck on Nougat.

Then suddenly today around 10AM looks like everything is back to normal. It's funny because Tapatalk was the only app which had issues. All my other apps seemed to be working just fine on Oreo.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-20-2017 04:44 PM
    Just had to go check out the Essential Phone again. Man, I love that design. It's like hanging out with that vain pretty model female friend... you're very aware of her faults, but you always seem to forget that during the first few minutes you see her.

It's a very compact phone, at least for me. That's why the camera performance is THAT much more frustrating...
    libra89 likes this.
    09-20-2017 04:45 PM
    Nice. Silver or black?
    Black
    09-20-2017 05:38 PM
    My response is to give you a hug. No one likes being type casted. You'll figure it out soon enough.
    Thanks for the kind response.
    Hopefully I do. Not sure if this is a case of indecisiveness or if I am debating what's better for me.
    09-20-2017 05:40 PM
    Is this for the Pixel?
    Yep. I don't know why I feel this way. Really like the Pixel but I wonder if this just might be an OS thing for me at the moment.

There isn't anything better than the Pixel for me on the Android side, which is why I am even confused that I have mixed feelings.
    09-20-2017 05:44 PM
    Just had to go check out the Essential Phone again. Man, I love that design. It's like hanging out with that vain pretty model female friend... you're very aware of her faults, but you always seem to forget that during the first few minutes you see her.

It's a very compact phone, at least for me. That's why the camera performance is THAT much more frustrating...
    Yeah I can get that. It's a stunning phone.
    That size is excellent too and unlike the LG Q6, it isn't on the lower end in a small package.
    09-20-2017 05:51 PM
    Why is Android so irritating sometimes?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-20-2017 05:53 PM
    Why is Android so irritating sometimes?
    Oh? Why do you say that?
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    Black
    Well, if you want to be rough and tumble with the device, black is the color for it. The silver does give it a nicer look.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    Yeah I can get that. It's a stunning phone.
    That size is excellent too and unlike the LG Q6, it isn't on the lower end in a small package.
    Yeah. It's a really, really nice design. I'd use one but man that camera. I don't think it's bad but it ain't good at that price point. Maybe I'll troll for one next year, assuming things don't go south with Essential.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-20-2017 05:58 PM
    Yep. I don't know why I feel this way. Really like the Pixel but I wonder if this just might be an OS thing for me at the moment.

There isn't anything better than the Pixel for me on the Android side, which is why I am even confused that I have mixed feelings.
    Just dive in.
    Use it exclusively for a month and then decide.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-20-2017 06:00 PM
    Just dive in.
    Use it exclusively for a month and then decide.
    That's a good idea, I'll try it.

Reading the comments on the AC post about how Oreo is treating their Pixel and Nexus phones has been interesting (enlightening is probably a better word) in a good and bad way. Some people mentioned not being able to receive texts, which sucks but I'm good (got a text today). Others mentioned random rebooting, which has happened one time but I'm not sure if it was me or if it did that itself.

Whoa, I just realized that a month from now is my birthday. That makes things interesting.
    09-20-2017 06:09 PM
    Yeah. It's a really, really nice design. I'd use one but man that camera. I don't think it's bad but it ain't good at that price point. Maybe I'll troll for one next year, assuming things don't go south with Essential.
    I agree. It's too much to be that way. Can't be a Robin, which had an average camera, from what I can remember. I loved the software of that phone though.
    09-20-2017 06:12 PM
    I agree. It's too much to be that way. Can't be a Robin, which had an average camera, from what I can remember. I loved the software of that phone though.
    The Robin's camera at launch was as bad as this one but got much better. It still was about average though.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-20-2017 06:16 PM
    That's a good idea, I'll try it.

Reading the comments on the AC post about how Oreo is treating their Pixel and Nexus phones has been interesting (enlightening is probably a better word) in a good and bad way. Some people mentioned not being able to receive texts, which sucks but I'm good (got a text today). Others mentioned random rebooting, which has happened one time but I'm not sure if it was me or if it did that itself.

Whoa, I just realized that a month from now is my birthday. That makes things interesting.
    I have had no issues outside that Tapatalk notification one.
    Phone just works.
    Better than the iPhone
    libra89 likes this.
    09-20-2017 06:32 PM
    If Google does buy out HTC, what a ride...from well liked ODM to an Android leader to a second tier but still respected OEM and back to ODM status. HTC did blaze a trail for some of the Asian tigers for sure. Man, lots happen in 20 years.

Would be sad to see them go, that's for sure.
    09-20-2017 06:38 PM
    Oh? Why do you say that?
    That's a trick question right? With the exception of LinkedIn, Windows Mobile has the best contact integration in the mobile sphere. The easiest edit/setup there is. It usually takes about 20 minutes to set up a new phone on Windows, I've been at this for over an hour. And BlackBerry's Hub is the easiest for merging, custom ringtone application and contact photos.

09-20-2017 07:20 PM
    Well, if you want to be rough and tumble with the device, black is the color for it. The silver does give it a nicer look.
    Detachable wallet case on the way. Could care less about color since I won't see it anyway.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-20-2017 07:22 PM
    That's a trick question right? With the exception of LinkedIn, Windows Mobile has the best contact integration in the mobile sphere. The easiest edit/setup there is. It usually takes about 20 minutes to set up a new phone on Windows, I've been at this for over an hour. And BlackBerry's Hub is the easiest for merging, custom ringtone application and contact photos.

I do agree that the one big thing I dislike with Android is there's still no good data restore feature for non rooting folks. It makes setting up a new phone such a chore...
    09-20-2017 07:22 PM
    Detachable wallet case on the way. Could care less about color since I won't see it anyway.
    I figured. But man, to be that "titanium color" gives the phone this "face only a mother could love" look to it...
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-20-2017 07:24 PM
    I figured. But man, to be that "titanium color" gives the phone this "face only a mother could love" look to it...
    Could be worse. I couldn't wait to put my Pixel XL in a case with that funky multi-colored back. At least the case Libra just picked up has some pizazz to it so it's not like I dislike the theme. Blah and a lighter shade of blah doesn't do it for me.
    09-20-2017 07:28 PM
    Could be worse. I couldn't wait to put my Pixel XL in a case with that funky multi-colored back. At least the case Libra just picked up has some pizazz to it so it's not like I dislike the theme. Blah and a lighter shade of blah doesn't do it for me.
    That's funny. Looks like Google is sticking with the same then this year with the Pixel 2.

I liked the black Pixel last year.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-20-2017 07:32 PM
    That's funny. Looks like Google is sticking with the same then this year with the Pixel 2.

I liked the black Pixel last year.
    I currently have the Black one.
    The Blue was spades better!
    09-20-2017 07:38 PM
    I currently have the Black one.
    The Blue was spades better!
    It would have been better with a black screen and a blue back, instead of that current white front + blue back.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-20-2017 07:43 PM
142,808 ... 55025503550455055506 ...