mTalk on Windows not good anymore?
    Just curious.
    Haven't seen that app so far. App Store feels as bare bones sometimes as an adult female with prepubescent sized beasts telling you she wears D-cup fitting bras.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 10:54 AM
    I submitted my application guys! Now we wait. Interestingly enough, I didn't get any issues that my coworker had. I don't expect to hear anything until maybe November...
    Congratulations. I'd buy you an adult beverage to celebrate, but I'll wait until after you get into the school.

Good luck. Those things can be nerve wrecking for sure.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-21-2017 11:02 AM
    Nice.
    Now let's see you use that Pixel till you hear back from the schools that you applied to.
    Put the SE in a drawer!
    Thank you!

Ha, we will see. That's a while lol.

I'm glad it is done. Next is the open house shortly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 11:04 AM
    Haven't seen that app so far. App Store feels as bare bones sometimes as an adult female with prepubescent sized beasts telling you she wears D-cup fitting bras.
    I don't know what happened to it, but I think you can only get it if you already owned it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 11:05 AM
    Congratulations. I'd buy you an adult beverage to celebrate, but I'll wait until after you get into the school.

Good luck. Those things can be nerve wrecking for sure.
    Thank you! Thanks for the thought, but you would have to have it for me.

Yeah so much. I really want to get in. This is the ideal school for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 11:08 AM
    God, what's with the analogies!?!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 11:15 AM
    Yeah what an analogy MIA..
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 11:18 AM
    You just don't like my humor when I'm salty. And that's ok.

Perhaps I should have kept it more PC and said it's like a woman with size 11 feet insisting you only buy her 4" size 7 stilettos.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 11:23 AM
    Thank you! Thanks for the thought, but you would have to have it for me.

Yeah so much. I really want to get in. This is the ideal school for me.
    I hope it works out for you.

I never got into any of my ideal choices for HS or both levels of college. Perhaps it's made me so salty, but I'm ok with that.
    09-21-2017 11:27 AM
    I hope it works out for you.

I never got into any of my ideal choices for HS or both levels of college. Perhaps it's made me so salty, but I'm ok with that.
    That sounds so tricky. I can only imagine how that felt.

Thank you. It is ideal for a number of reasons but mostly outside stuff.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-21-2017 11:47 AM
    That sounds so tricky. I can only imagine how that felt.

Thank you. It is ideal for a number of reasons but mostly outside stuff.
    I just rolled with the punches, that's all. The only one I really had the most choice over was grad school. Once the school I wanted didn't accept me, I went with what made the more sense.

I have been fortunate enough that all the places I went to have worked in my favor. Looking back, some of my ideal choices weren't that great.
    09-21-2017 12:06 PM
    I just rolled with the punches, that's all. The only one I really had the most choice over was grad school. Once the school I wanted didn't accept me, I went with what made the more sense.

I have been fortunate enough that all the places I went to have worked in my favor. Looking back, some of my ideal choices weren't that great.
    Ah okay. Yeah, you seem to be pretty successful to me, so it seems like it has worked.

In my case, there's only 2 schools in the area with a MLIS program. I applied to one a couple of years ago and I got accepted but I couldn't afford it. The other school is the one I'm trying to get into. I wanted to apply before but the GRE held me back. It is also much cheaper than school 1.

I also need/prefer in-person classes and this is accessible to me. Also school is paid for, I just pay fees so that would help a LOT for me. Any other school is not realistic for me unless I decide to cave and do online, which doesn't work for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 01:18 PM
    Ugh my mom's LG G4 isn't turning on or charging at all today. Trying to get a battery to test if that is the problem. The earliest I can get is through Amazon. I'm hoping that we can find a local battery source that we can try today. I don't mind getting her another phone of course but she really likes the G4, especially the loudness of the speaker.

Yeah she's one of those that uses her phone more for calls than anything else.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 01:24 PM
    So far, I just say that the standby time on the XL with the new update is solid. Again, base user experience is good and the third party app situation feels like a train wreck.

I'd use this periodically, but not as often as I was hoping I would. Sad, really.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-21-2017 01:30 PM
    Ugh my mom's LG G4 isn't turning on or charging at all today. Trying to get a battery to test if that is the problem. The earliest I can get is through Amazon. I'm hoping that we can find a local battery source that we can try today. I don't mind getting her another phone of course but she really likes the G4, especially the loudness of the speaker.

You can always give your mom the SE!
    09-21-2017 01:35 PM

G5's are stupid cheap these days.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-21-2017 01:53 PM
    G5's are stupid cheap these days.
    True, but I'll need to look into how call volume is because that is really important to her.

Luckily, Batteries Plus apparently has the right battery and it's local so I can get one today and try this out first. I really hope it works though.
    09-21-2017 02:03 PM
    You can always give your mom the SE!
    That's too small for her. My A3 would also be on the small side too.
    09-21-2017 02:04 PM
    So far, I just say that the standby time on the XL with the new update is solid. Again, base user experience is good and the third party app situation feels like a train wreck.

I'd use this periodically, but not as often as I was hoping I would. Sad, really.
    Hmm interesting! Maybe they changed something. That's a bummer that it isn't enough though.
    09-21-2017 02:06 PM
    I'm stuck in an IT training and the trainer is overusing the word "um". God, it is so annoying.
    09-21-2017 02:10 PM
    True, but I'll need to look into how call volume is because that is really important to her.

Luckily, Batteries Plus apparently has the right battery and it's local so I can get one today and try this out first. I really hope it works though.
    G5 is as loud as the G4 speaker wise, I have heard.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-21-2017 02:11 PM
    Hmm interesting! Maybe they changed something. That's a bummer that it isn't enough though.
    OS looks great. Runs fine too. Just is short on apps.
    09-21-2017 02:12 PM
    I'm stuck in an IT training and the trainer is overusing the word "um". God, it is so annoying.
    And to make matters more fun, he's unfamiliar with some aspects of the training himself.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-21-2017 03:02 PM
    And to make matters more fun, he's unfamiliar with some aspects of the training himself.
    I feel for you.
    09-21-2017 03:03 PM
    G5 is as loud as the G4 speaker wise, I have heard.
    That would be interesting if that turns out to be the case. I had an interesting conversation with the guy at Batteries Plus. He says that in his time working there, the phone brand that people have bought in the most has been LG.

The battery didn't work (he tried 2), and it's a hardware failure so the search is on right now. Idealistically something that I can get by tomorrow... (today would be awesome though). She needs a phone.
    09-21-2017 03:07 PM
144,449 ... 55045505550655075508 ...