WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

See, that's just hard right there. I hope her year improves. I'm sure if she could get away with staying home a bit longer, she would have...this global economy is tough these days...

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!

We only have a small allocation of sick days and they're non accumulative.

Yeah she's had a rough one. From the small talks we've had she seems to be one of those people that get sick frequently and seems accident prone.

She's taking a lot of vitamins and other herbals. Doesn't seem to be helping...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Some commuter shots...as you can see, the X does OK, but I'd prefer the Z3 camera...and of course the 930 wipes the floor with this.

Still, there are some hidden gems...if you zoom into the picture with the water, the skyline in the background is lower Manhattan with the Freedom Tower slightly obscured by clouds.

Those are double decker trains. I've been on them during the evening rush when they run 10 cars deep and it is standing room only on both decks...

A US commuter's life ain't easy...

Attachments

• 1810.jpg
    1810.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1818.jpg
    1818.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1816.jpg
    1816.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 8

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We only have a small allocation of sick days and they're non accumulative.

Yeah she's had a rough one. From the small talks we've had she seems to be one of those people that get sick frequently and seems accident prone.

She's taking a lot of vitamins and other herbals. Doesn't seem to be helping...

Sometimes it is genes, sometimes it is life events, sometimes it is lifestyle choices. The body can only take so much...and I'm sure that the UK health system is as expensive as the joke here in the US...

Hope she gets better soon enough. These things can wear as hard on the mind as they do on the body...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some commuter shots...as you can see, the X does OK, but I'd prefer the Z3 camera...and of course the 930 wipes the floor with this.

Still, there are some hidden gems...if you zoom into the picture with the water, the skyline in the background is lower Manhattan with the Freedom Tower slightly obscured by clouds.

Those are double decker trains. I've been on them during the evening rush when they run 10 cars deep and it is standing room only on both decks...

A US commuter's life ain't easy...

I'm trying sort out if the double decker trains are similar to the ones in Sydney Australia or in Toronto.

Here the overground is only single story and they trains are packed. Especially the ones going to London and people pay a lot of money to travel on them. I won't even talk about the Tube...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure that the UK health system is as expensive as the joke here in the US...

It's currently free unless you go private. I suspect this current government is going to make a mess out of the NHS.

Only medication is what you pay for and from what I've been told it can be quite a bit cheaper than in the US.

Vitamins and other things like that tend to be expensive I've found. Which is why I don't bother with them. I eat a pretty good diet for the most part.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying sort out if the double decker trains are similar to the ones in Sydney Australia or in Toronto.

Here the overground is only single story and they trains are packed. Especially the ones going to London and people pay a lot of money to travel on them. I won't even talk about the Tube...

One day I'll try to post a picture of the connection for me on the MTA subway. It is such a zoo...

NJ transit runs a mix of double and single deck trains. And Amtrak's single deckers. Through two(!) tunnels, whose storm shutters are as old as you and 99 combined. If these tunnels go out, the region and the city is stuffed worse than a Thanksgiving turducken. Plans exist to upgrade the storm shutters (theud have to close tunnels individually to do this) and build a second pair of tunnels, but you know how these things go...overbudget and behind schedule.

Whenever NJ transit is interrupted, it is mino chaos. PATH is already pretty much at capacity. People are pushed to use mass transit, but this is getting ridiculous if the system is near capacity already. It is 10x worse during the academic school year.

It's amazing how well built these systems are for stuff decades old...but it is also amazing how lawmakers see the need to put money elsewhere instead of employing people to maintain these key infrastructures...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

One day I'll try to post a picture of the connection for me on the MTA subway. It is such a zoo...

NJ transit runs a mix of double and single deck trains. And Amtrak's single deckers. Through two(!) tunnels, whose storm shutters are as old as you and 99 combined. If these tunnels go out, the region and the city is stuffed worse than a Thanksgiving turducken. Plans exist to upgrade the storm shutters (theud have to close tunnels individually to do this) and build a second pair of tunnels, but you know how these things go...overbudget and behind schedule.

Whenever NJ transit is interrupted, it is mino chaos. PATH is already pretty much at capacity. People are pushed to use mass transit, but this is getting ridiculous if the system is near capacity already. It is 10x worse during the academic school year.

It's amazing how well built these systems are for stuff decades old...but it is also amazing how lawmakers see the need to put money elsewhere instead of employing people to maintain these key infrastructures...

The transit system here was once run by the government but then the selling off of assets happened and now all that happens is bad service and lay-offs of staff. With ever increasing fares. Got to keep the 'shareholders' happy.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Fortunately, I try to leave myself with enough sick days to cover myself in case of emergencies or being plumb worn down. Not judging her; self care is very important though...

Luckily we don't have a very strict sick day policy.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The lawmakers never ride these trains so they don't see the need to invest in infrastructure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I feel the same way.... Too tired again today morning.

And my supervisor starts the day off on a great note with sticking me with some extra work I don't need to do.

I tell you, she communicates as well as talking to a piece of cardboard...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The transit system here was once run by the government but then the selling off of assets happened and now all that happens is bad service and lay-offs of staff. With ever increasing fares. Got to keep the 'shareholders' happy.

AMTRAK is semi private, which is the worst kind...government can reduce funding and still expect the railroads to turn a profit. I don't know anymore...they just treat the infrastructure like crap and still expect people to get to work on time and ****...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The lawmakers never ride these trains so they don't see the need to invest in infrastructure.

Oh, they DO use AMTRAK and one of them was nearly caught in that derailment last month...they still don't give a **** though...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

And my supervisor starts the day off on a great note with sticking me with some extra work I don't need to do.

I tell you, she communicates as well as talking to a piece of cardboard...

Might want to get her the Google VR headset made of cardboard.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh, they DO use AMTRAK and one of them was nearly caught in that derailment last month...they still don't give a **** though...

The ones that ride it might care but there are plenty who don't ride it and they would vehemently oppose it!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The ones that ride it might care but there are plenty who don't ride it and they would vehemently oppose it!

Like all things. It will need a major catastrophe and a major backlash from the public.Until then, nothing will change.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Like all things. It will need a major catastrophe and a major backlash from the public.Until then, nothing will change.

Even then, they won't care...they'll ride the storm out until the next distraction that comes up and it is back to business as usual...

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sure, they get to oppose it while my *** is paying for their salaries from my taxes. Sometimes these knuckleheads here as leaders make me wish that I could chuck them off a cliff...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Even then, they won't care...they'll rude the storm out until the next distraction that comes up and it is back to business as usual...

For example. If they have a major incident in one of those tunnels, then they'll have to fix it regardless. That's what I meant. Not that I want that to happen but that's usually what it takes.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720